Wednesday 2 May 2018

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation One: A Sims 4 Story

The Smallwood Family Legacy: A Sims 4 Story

Chapter Fifteen: Time Flies

Shortly after the twins grew up, Vivaana decided it would be best for her and Alex to get a place of their own. I was sad but I understood why she wanted this, after Alex's odd behaviour with Abigail it was a logical decision. We still gather in her room and dance, but we do miss her terribly!

Especially Esme, she is happy enough with Vladislaus, but her love life has always been marred with indecision! Vivaana was a comfort to her when she was doubting herself.

I was having enough trouble with Raven and her mood swings, I didn't need another problem involving my adult children! Luckily Landon has been a help to me and his father, he seems to be happy enough still.

His school grades could do with a slight improvement, but despite that he is a good boy. At least Raven's schooling is off the charts, she's a very clever young girl!

She spends a lot of time alone, it concerns me! I do hope someday she will be happy, for right now she does not seem to be at all!

Despite her melancholy disposition, she always manages to return home just before her curfew is up. This is still very much of a debate at home, the extension of the teenage curfew!

And I am happy to say that Caleb and I are still very much in love! My darling boy has been the best thing to ever happen to me. I cannot imagine my life without him now!

Five children later and we are still going strong. It feels like yesterday I found him on my doorstep looking dapper and chirpy! Caleb Vatore has changed since that day, he is now a husband and a father! He is now mine! We toast to our marriage, happy and relieved that all of our children are safe and healthy after all we have been through.

Over the next few days Raven is getting worse! Her moods are affecting the entire household and Caleb is now very concerned.

She is not our first teenager, far from it, but she is the first to not snap out of these hormonal mood swings. 

Caleb brings his troubled feelings to me, and I must admit I cannot reassure him, it troubles me too! "I am worried about her Trixie!"
"I know my love! Maybe we should...consult someone about this?"
"I don't want her to be treated like a lab rat, and that's exactly what the elders would do!" Caleb forgets that Vladislaus is a re-born elder now and very much on our side, he is dating our daughter after all.
"Caleb darling, why don't you swallow your pride and ask Vlad for guidance?" He nods sadly, this is not defeat, this is merely reaching out to a friend.

Our twins overhear Caleb grumbling about his pride, Esme in particular lets out a little chuckle to herself. Her father and her boyfriend, both so intimidated by one another! I kiss Caleb to stop him from complaining, it works...for now!

Raven is having a strop, taking her anger out on Bearcula! Ranting in the mirror is one of her new favourite pastimes! I honestly do not know what to do with that girl! One minute she seems to be happy, then she's moody the next! Just when I think we've turned a corner...she turns back again!

Landon on the other hand is being so very helpful! Until he breaks the dishwasher, and Caleb has to repair it! Caleb loves fixing things though, so he's not mad for long!

Esme is telling Abi that she plans to visit Vlad on Caleb's behalf. Abi is unsure about this, Raven is Caleb's responsibility and he will be upset if Esme belittles him to Vlad. My gosh why are men so...stubborn???

In the meantime Raven is stropping big time! Caleb feels helpless, he wants to give her a big hug but as he approaches she stomps off muttering about her homework!

At least she has removed her dark form, Landon is nervously trying not to antagonise her. Which in this day and age is very hard! "Homework sucks!" Raven growls.
"Yeah but unemployment sucks even more Rave!"
"You have a point, which is why I have an A and you have a B little brother!"
"Rub it in, I'm trying!"

Abi suggests that rather than go behind Caleb's back, Esme should tell him she's going to ask Vlad for help. Esme declines. She knows that her father will forbid her to ask!

Besides, at the moment Raven seems in good spirits...

...but Caleb isn't taking anything for granted! She could turn at any moment, that's the problem!

Like now! One minute she's dancing with her dad, the next she's giving Landon grief over the mess on the floor!

"Oh yeah that's right just walk away!!!" She huffs.
"You bet, do you honestly think I'm sticking around Miss Bear With The Sore Head a minute longer?" He has a point!

Raven grumbles all the way to the bin! Everything is getting on her nerves! I have never had a teenager like her! Vivaana had her moments, Esme was a handful when it came to boys, but that was about it!

"RAVEN? CAN YOU COME SEE ME A MINUTE SWEETHEART?" Caleb calls her back inside, he's going to try something he's been pondering over for a while now.

"What?" Raven grunts at her father.
"I noticed you've not been yourself lately honey and well..."
"Uh-oh, I am out of here before it all kicks off!" Landon makes a swift exit as Caleb skates on thin ice.

"...oh Raven sweetheart I hate seeing you so miserable, what can I do to make it all better?"
"Dad..."
"I wanna give you a hug, can I give you a hug?"
"I...grrrr!"

"It's okay, daddy will make it alllllll better!"
"DAAAAAAD!"

"How is this helping I...um...well..."
"I just wanna squeeze it all away! I love you Raven, I want you to remember that!"

"Better?" Caleb smiles expectantly at our daughter.
"Yes surprisingly, I do feel better, thanks dad!" Mission accomplished, my Caleb is so wonderful!!!

In fact she is in such a better mood that even her little brother's jokes are amusing to her! That is a first indeed!

Vlad's P.O.V.:

I didn't hear her approach, I was too wrapped in guilt and self pity to even feel her presence!

As she called out to me, I was standing in my usual spot, weeping over my maker...the man I murdered! Except he wasn't a man, and I destroyed a threat that was going to hurt my Esme! As long as I could convince myself of this, then perhaps I could try and forgive myself for what I had done! But I hear her now, she is saying my name in that sweet, angelic tone of hers...

"Vlad I've been calling you over and over! Did you not hear me?" Seeing the sadness in my eyes, and the tear stains on my cheeks, Esme pulls me into a hug...and I am grateful for it, I need it right now!

"Vlad whatever's the matter? Why do you get so upset over this grave? There are loads of them all over your land, why this one?"
"Oh Esme, my love!" It is time she was told the truth! I need to tell someone, this secret is getting too much to bear alone. I run the risk of losing her, but it is a risk I am willing to take! I cannot have any lies come between us, she is far too important to betray like that!

"Vladislaus you're scaring me, what's wrong? Who's grave is this?" I see the fear in her beautiful eyes, and I must confess!
"Esme I have something I need to tell you my darling! And I am afraid you will hate me for it!"

"That grave..." I begin, but the words stick in my throat, "...please let us go inside and sit! I want to be able to commit your face to memory, for what I have to tell you will probably mean the end of us!"
"Oh Vlad don't be silly, whatever it is, we can work it out! You and me!" Oh how I wish that were true, but there is more chance of her hating and fearing me than forgiving me.

We sit in silence for a few moments until I feel the courage to begin my confession. She stares deeply into my eyes, with love, in a few minutes they will be filled with hatred I am sure. "Vlad, talk to me!" I take a deep breath and get it all out.
"That grave outside, you know the occupant well...very well in fact!"
"Who..."
"Darick Bludstone!" She gasps slightly, then a wry smile appears at the corner of her mouth. "I killed him Esme, for you!"

"When?" Is all she replies.
"The night he tried to brainwash you, the night your father turned me. When I say I killed him, he was already under the influence of a very strong potion Caleb mixed into his glass of blood."
"Tell me what happened, did he hurt you?" What a darling girl she is, even after my admission of murder, she thinks only of my well being?

"Your father came to me that night, we argued, he pinned me to a wall and made me listen. He removed the spell Darick had on me and I came to my senses. My progeny had now become my maker. I agreed to be re-turned, at first it was just to become the creature I once was, to regain my power and get revenge on Caleb..."

"...but as he bit me, he must have been pouring out his love for you while he drained the life from me. He replaced my blood with love for you! I have loved you ever since!" Esme takes my hand and a single tear falls down her pale, beautiful face.
"Vlad, I don't know what to say...what happened after dad turned you?"
"Well, I lay unconscious for a while, you know you saw, and when I came to I had an overwhelming feeling of calm and determination. I knew what I had to do, and that was to rid this town, my town, of Darick Bludstone! So I challenged him to a duel, I bested him because your father had already weakened him with his potion, but I made sure he would never come back! I staked him through his black heart..."

"I am not proud of what I did Esme, but I am not sorry he is dead! I had to keep you safe, I had to be worthy of your heart! I had to know that you would be free to fall in love with whoever you were destined to be with and I believe...that that man is me!" She stares at me for a long time, but says nothing. Have I lost her?

"Oh Vlad!" She finally cries, squeezing my hand. "Thank you for loving me this much!" She smiles, "And thank you for showing me that love can be beautiful, that not every man is like Lucas or Darick! Vladislaus Straud, I love you too!" My heart explodes in my chest as she tells me she loves me! I cannot believe my luck!

"Now..." She gives me a cheeky wink, "...real reason I am here? I need your advice on teen vampires and their moods! Raven is driving us all nuts and dad is too afraid to come to you for guidance!"
"Well..." I chuckle happily, "...it's nice to know I can still intimidate young Vatore after all these years!"

Trixie's P.O.V.:

As Landon and I dance together, Esme returns home from Straud mansion. She has things to discuss with her father, Vlad has been very helpful in understanding moody vampire teenagers and Esme can now pass on that knowledge to Caleb. It seems though that our troubles may be behind us on that front...

Raven seems perfectly content these days. Even the ghostly dogs aren't annoying her anymore. "Oh hey there Buzz!"

Caleb and Abi discuss her wedding plans. Caleb wants her to have the wedding here at Wolfsbane Manor, but Abi is not too happy about that plan, she wants to marry Charley at the ruins. As Caleb tries to fob her off with family tradition she points out a flaw in his reasoning, "Dad you and mum got married in a nightclub and Auntie Lilith married Uncle Joaquin in the back garden of their home, so let me marry Charley where I want please!"
"Hmm..." Caleb just wants to host, that's what this is all about. He is so proud of Abi he wants the whole town to know!

So far Raven's good mood is holding. We are enjoying some mother and daughter time dancing together, it's refreshing!

I love seeing my Raven smiling again!

As does Caleb! "Raven, you look so beautiful when you smile honey!"
"Aww dad!"

"Thank you for helping me, I appreciate it!" Caleb chokes back a sob as Raven hugs him tightly.
"It's what fathers do my sweetie! They look out for their babies!"

Yes Raven is a new girl! She is happy, content and soon to become a young adult. Her grades are great and she is getting along well with everyone, what a change!

Caleb thanks Esme for all the help she gave him while Raven was out of sorts, "Don't thank me daddy, thank Vlad! It was all his advice!" Caleb nearly chokes on his drink, he had no idea Esme had been to discuss his parenting with Vladislaus!

And he is not best pleased!

Abi meets up for a date with Charley. They haven't seen each other in a while due to work commitments. But today they are going to make up for lost time.

They go for coffee, but not before having a great big much missed hug. "Charley I missed you so much!"
"I missed you too Abs! Any luck on securing the ruins for our wedding?"
"My dad is working on it." It is true that Caleb wants to please Abi and give her the wedding she wants.

"So..." Charley mumbles sheepishly, "...I was thinking, what are your feelings about...having kids?"

Abi and Charley barely have ten minutes to discuss this topic before Abi has to rush off to work. I know she always wanted to be a mother, well at least she did when she was younger. I don't know if she will gift me with grandchildren like her sister, but it seems Charley is pretty keen!

I continue to advance in my writing career and publish another book, all about living in Wolfsbane Manor. We are making good money, but after the bills we seem to be back to square one with an empty bank account.

Abi returns from work just as Raven and Landon finish school. Still not very good in the sun, all three are burning and grouching!

Abi is sad that she had to cut her conversation with Charley short, of course she wants kids! She always has done, and as soon as she gets the chance, she will tell Charley as much!

And just as one teen has come out of her moods...

...it seems we have another! Landon is acting up!

"Get your homework out Landy, you need to get an A!"
"No!" Yes Landon is indeed taking up the mantle of moodiest teen in Wolfsbane Manor!

"I hate homework!" Landon grumbles at his sister, who has always loved learning.
"Nonsense, it will be the making of you Landy!"
"Oh for heavens sake Rave, stop being so cheery all the time, it's unnerving!"
"This is me now little brother, deal with it!"

Caleb returns home from work, still smarting that Esme went to Vlad for help. Not only is he courting his daughter, but now he is giving him advice on how to deal with moody vampire teenagers. Caleb is far too proud for his own good! I despair sometimes!

As we don't have long before she becomes a young adult, I volunteer to help Raven with her latest school project, and I ask her about boys while I'm at it.

"Mum, there are no boys!" She giggles.
"I see, so are you interested in girls? Like your sister?"
"No mum, I just like to learn!" I don't push any further, besides there will be plenty of time for her to find a match!

"So..." I pipe up nonchalantly, "...does your brother have anyone of interest?"
"Muuuuuum!" Raven won't tell, but given his moods lately I would surmise that Landon has his eye on someone.

But right now he only has eyes for his school project. He's trying to stick in at school but his hormones are taking over, plus he is in the middle of his teens where vampiric urges are coming to the fore. I don't envy teenage vampires one bit, it can be a difficult transition!

I am baking Raven's birthday cake, today she becomes a woman! Boris, Caleb's spider has come out to join me...how nice!

As I add candles to Raven's cake I see my husband surveying the kitchen to make sure I haven't made a mess, as I usually do and he ends up cleaning after me. "I assure you darling everything is clean!" I laugh as he frowns.

"Just checking!" He grunts, I just want to kiss that little dimpled chin of his when he's grumpy!

Raven appears and blows out the candles on her cake. She makes a wish as Caleb and I look on. Caleb is a little sad that his last daughter is growing up, but he is also immensely proud of her!

And she is a beauty! My little Raven, all grown up and ready to take on the world!

When I look at her, it's like looking in a mirror! She is so like me it is uncanny! I look at her and I am back in my old home, with father and mother, before Darick killed everything and everyone I loved! I just hope Raven never knows the pain I endured, I hope she finds someone who makes her as happy as her father makes me!

Caleb feels that since Landon became a teen, they hardly spend any time together, but when he tries Landon seems embarrassed by him...I don't believe that, but Caleb feels it!

"Dad don't...dance!" Landon cringes, and I see it, it's not shame it's just called being a teenager! But I understand how Caleb interprets it the wrong way. Once Landon is an adult he will appreciate his dad more, I know he will!

At least Raven appreciates him, she is constantly showing him how much he means to her, daddy hugs aplenty!

She has now joined the astronaut career, and since she is so clever she starts at level 3! I am so proud of her, and she is so excited to start her job!

Her job requires a high logic skill, so who better to beat at chess than her beloved father? "Queen to King's Rook 5!"
"Cheeky!" Caleb has met his match in our daughter!

"Hmmm...OH MY GOSH RAVEN IS THAT DRACULA???"
"What?" Caleb is caught cheating as he uses a lame excuse for Raven to look away.

"Daddy did you just cheat?"
"What? No, not at all how could you even...No!"

Abi appears and scolds Caleb, "Daddy you did so cheat, I saw you!"
"The mere notion!" Caleb coughs, he's been caught! The jig is up!
"Daddy there is no such thing as Dracula!" Raven scoffs, "Play fair!"
"Okay okay, let's start again and I promise not to cheat!" Abi and Raven laugh as Caleb's face turns pink.

Landon does the laundry a lot for me, and now I know why! He searches the pockets to find simoleans! Cheeky young thing that he is, I can't be mad, he is resourceful for sure!

Caleb continues to upgrade everything in the house, he doesn't want any more dryer type incidents, or for any of the family to get hurt!

The girls watch their father upgrade the cooker, the fridge, even the toilets. This boy is not taking any chances with the safety of the family, and that's another one of the reasons why I love him so much!

Raven is trying to get fit, so she goes for a jog up to Straud mansion and back. She thinks she is fat, but all I see is a beautiful young woman with curves to die for!

Vivaana calls to catch up as her sister rambles on about the amazing Vlad and his wonderful hands. I do not want to know! I don't even know what his hands are doing to be so wonderful, I like it to stay that way!

Turns out she is talking about his organ playing skills, and how he lulls her to sleep. Well that's a new one! As I am not listening she takes her wonderful hands talk to her twin, who is even less interested!
Raven has a mild strop, but this time for good reason. Her father has been pottering with her stereo and left a mess on her bedroom floor.

And Landon has brought a mystery redhead home from school. She doesn't seem at all bothered that we are a family of vampires.

She leaves as soon as she arrives though, and Landon has a grin from ear to ear all evening! Who is she and why won't he talk about her???

Raven is taking this keep fit thing seriously. I don't see anything wrong with her and neither do any of her other family members, but if she wants to get fit then who am I to stop her? So I bought her a punching bag, something I should have bought when she was a moody teen! It may have helped.

Esme works from home today, she wants to patch things up with her father, but she cannot resist protesting in the laundry room. I must say I joined her as did her twin, she is a very convincing politician!

Landon continues to do the laundry thinking I am not aware of his little money making scheme!

Everyone tends to congregate in Raven's room now that Vivvy is gone. And all Raven wants to do as her brother and sister play loud music is sleep!

Landon dances, celebrating the fact that tonight he becomes a young adult, and Abi talks loudly to him...

...Raven still wants to sleep!

Despite the noise, she must be exhausted because she does actually fall asleep among the din!

Landon takes one last look at the curfew board, knowing this will be the last time he is bound to it! The curfew he fought so hard to extend.

I made him a zombie birthday cake, at his request. He is so happy with it! "Hehe! Gotta take a photo of this beast!" He laughs, it's only a cake Landy!

He blows out his candles and makes a wish! My boy, oh how I waited for you, worked hard to have you! I am so very proud!

I am afraid to say I am too tired to wait up with him to celebrate his birthday. I seem to have very little energy tonight.

And as I tuck into my coffin, I fall asleep soundly knowing that my boy will be a man when I wake up!

And what a beautiful boy he is too! Watch out ladies of Forgotten Hollow, Landon Smallwood is looking for a wife...at least I hope he is!

The first thing he does is dance in his sister's bedroom, I was hoping he would get a job but I suppose that will come. He's a sensible boy, I trust him!

 His sisters are discussing how handsome their little brother has become. Something I always knew, why are they so surprised?

 Landon joins the athletic career and starts training straight away!

 After he is finished training, Landon sends a playful text to the mystery redhead he brought round as a teen.

 She invites him to the ruins on a date! She also seems to have sent him a joke as he laughs out loud to himself. I watch him through the window, he's all grown up!

 Landon's date will be in broad daylight, I sometimes wonder what possesses him! "I'm going to burn, but I'll burn for love!" He hardly knows her and hasn't seen her since high school, what does he know of love?

 He meets his mystery redhead at the ruins, gets the most important thing out of the way, "Are you single?"
"Yes of course!" Now that he knows she is available, Landon flirts his little heart out. "Oh Landon you are still as adorable as you were in high school!" She giggles, her eyes are flirting, so is the rest of her!

 "Girl I was hoping I was a lot sexier now than I was in high school, no?"
"Oh yes, you're a lot more...man too!" Landon excuses himself to find some shelter, he is burning up and not from all the sexual tension!

 He tries to find shade in the bushes, but he still burns. As his date comes to find him, Landon scarpers for fear of dying like his Uncle Vivaan!

 Meanwhile across the street from us, his sister is miserable! I can sense it! She has a handsome husband, two beautiful children...

 ...but Alex's betrayal still stings! It was a moment of madness, or so he says, and he has never strayed since! But VIvaana is struggling to trust him again.

 Alex is devastated, he doesn't understand why he flirted with Abi! All he knows is that he loves Vivvy and his children. They are trying for another baby, to no avail so far. Vivvy just cannot conceive!

 Perhaps their hearts aren't in it! Maybe they need to go for couples counselling, I hear it's all the rage these days, who knows it may do some good. But they continue to try for this baby that they both so desperately want!

 Vivaana has tried several times to get pregnant, and as she takes the test once again...

 ...it's negative! Vivvy is not pregnant!

 The twins are aging up later today and I think that is also getting Vivvy down. Her babies will no longer be babies!

 Vivaana makes her way to the kitchen to bake their birthday cakes. I can relate to what she is going through, Caleb and I struggled for a while to have another baby after the twins. But thankfully Raven came along eventually. I believe one day it will happen for my Vivvy!

 Right now she needs to keep hoping, keep strong and concentrate on the babies she does have! The babies that will be children soon!

 Vivaana decides they are to have a hamburger shaped cake each. As Alex is at work, Vivaana tries to think of a way to break the news to him that she is not pregnant...again! He thinks it's his fault, he blames himself for everything they are going through and although he is mostly to blame...Vivvy needs to address her behaviour also!

 Ezra and Zuri enjoy their last day in their room together, playing with all the toys they will soon be too old for. Mummy has one last ditch attempt at maxing Zuri's skills, she just has one more and she will be well on the way for Top-Notch Toddler like her brother.

Alex brings the twins up to their cakes, and they blow out the candles while making a wish! This is the end of an era! My children have children! I am stepping down as the head of this family and one of my babies will take my place! Caleb and I can relax knowing they are all now grown up!

My grandchildren are now starting school! How did this happen??? I look forward to the future, knowing that it is in capable hands...whoever's hands they may be!

End of Generation One!

Well folks, the poll is up there and a brief resume is coming after this! Please vote for your favourite, so who will it be?

Vivaana?
Abigail?
Esme?
Raven?
Landon?

GO VOTE! GO VOTE!!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)