Tuesday 3 April 2018

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation One: A Sims 4 Story

The Smallwood Family Legacy: A Sims 4 Story


Chapter Fourteen: Difficult Age

After everything we have been through with Darick Bludstone and his manipulation of my lovely daughter Esme, I am happy to be told that while I was away something beautiful happened...

...Abigail proposed to Charley! My second born child is madly in love with her girlfriend! It was only a matter of time before she made it official...

And of course Charley said yes! Another wedding to look forward to! After Esme and I came home, Caleb had a lot of explaining to do! And he did, he explained how he had known all along what was going on, he wasn't stupid or deaf...he heard everything I told my girls the other day! He heard that Esme was seeing Darick and he took action! He slipped a powerful potion into his blood that stripped most of his abilities, and after Esme told him where to go he disappeared and no one has heard from him since! Without his powers he is helpless...good!

Although I no longer have to worry about Esme, Raven now poses a concern to me! She is not having the greatest of teenage years! She seems sad and detached most of the time.

She doesn't seem happy doing anything! She dances and chats with her siblings and with Caleb and I, but still there is something missing behind her beautiful blue eyes!

Since Darick's disappearance, Esme has been visiting Vladislaus Straud at his mansion. Newly re-turned, he is adjusting to his role of the good guy quite well. Esme has taken a shine to him and spends a lot of time with him, she feels a connection to him since it was her father who turned him back into the ancient creature he once was. But he is no longer the ancient monster he once was, he is a changed man!

Perhaps it is Caleb's blood that has made this change, perhaps it is Esme's influence, whatever it is it suits him. I am happy to feel safe and not have to look over my shoulder anymore. Even if Darick does come back, he is no longer as powerful and Caleb can easily take him! Yes Vlad enjoys Esme's visits very much, they have a competition going over chess, that retched game again!

But they do have other mutual interests, like animals and music. Vlad is also kindly teaching her some useful vampire skills, something Caleb wanted to do but has been gently pushed aside by his old maker/new creation.

Esme is rather excited today, she is going to make a rather bold move! And as she discusses it with Vlad, he pretends to be happy for her but deep inside his heart he is rather deflated...

Esme is meeting up with her old boyfriend Wolfgang!

"So what's so urgent Esme? I thought you were dating that dark mysterious guy from out of town!" Wolfgang mutters a little more bitterly than he means!

"I...I know I hurt you and I am sorry but..." Esme throws herself down on one knee and looks up at Wolfgang with big watery eyes...

"Wolfgang Munch, will you marry me?"
"Oh wow!" He is rather taken aback, it's come out of the blue...

...but he accepts, he's always liked Esme, they work together and share a mutual love for politics! They seal their engagement with a kiss and Esme feels rather peckish. It's true that Wolfgang's brother Lucas was partial to being bitten, he got a real kick out of it...

...and it looks like it's a family trait! Wolfgang stretches out his wrist willingly as Esme has a good, long drink.

Landon is enjoying school, he's a happy young boy who is looking forward to becoming a teenager in a few days.

His sister however is still feeling lost and cannot find her place in the world. She feels very much human but knows that she is a vampire who cannot possibly pass for a human being. All of her friends are humans and it is hard on the poor girl. She looks around her room and sees how childish it is, perhaps giving it a make-over will cheer her up.

Caleb is working hard on our gallery, the wall is getting rather full!

Landon comes home after school every day and does his homework, and then he works on his life skills! He loves playing doctor, he's very much in touch with his feminine side, playing dolls and doctor! I have no worries about him, he is so sure of himself and confident in his own skin! I think Caleb did well with our son, he has raised a good young man!

Still with the potions and the magic, Caleb never stops working! He always says it's to protect our family, he is never at rest and that saddens me! The first threat to our family was Vlad, followed by Darick so I understand why he is in a constant state of vigilance! I love this man so much, and even though VIvaan was my first love here in Forgotten Hollow, I now know that my heart always belonged to Caleb Vatore! We were destined to be!

Landon arrives home from another day at school and he is sitting down working on his homework straight away, such a happy little boy! I am so proud of my wee man!

So I enlist his help in trying to cheer up his sister. And he seems to be doing rather well so far, "I'll draw you a picture to go in your room Rave! Something cool to fit your new furniture!" He beams and grabs a felt tip, feverishly drawing.

Once he is finished and he announces "VOILA!" In a sing song tone, Raven frowns in confusion and replies,
"Landy it's a football???"
"Hold on there sister!" He puts his little hand up with a huge grin on his face and brings up two bottles from under his desk.

"It needs some glitter and some sparkle! Then and only then can you have it on your wall! It's going to be very Raven you shall see!" He giggles, throwing oodles of glitter and glue all over the picture which still looks like a boot kicking a football, but he is so proud of it that neither Raven or myself can break it to him.

When he is finally finished he claps his hands and shouts "FINISHED!" And presents it to his big sister proudly. She is cheered up, so at least the mission has been accomplished! What a sweet child my Landon is! I am so very proud!

Caleb is having a serious chat with the girls, Esme in particular. He is trying to explain that his actions were to protect his family, and he is also voicing his concern over Esme's new friendship with Vlad! 

Esme feels rather frustrated, she decides that now is the best time to tell us about her recent engagement, "Dad, Wolfgang and I are to be married so you don't need to worry about Vlad he's just a friend, really!" Caleb lets out a breath he never knew he was holding and smiles, Wolfgang Munch is a safe young man and it makes her father very happy to know she will live a boring life...hopefully!

The past couple of days have been uneventful luckily, and today my precious boy takes another step towards manhood!

As I put Landon's birthday cake in the oven, Caleb is groaning about the mess of the counter again! Every birthday it is always the same, I bake and he cleans up with a grumble!

As I wait for my beloved boy to become a teen, Vivaana appears to celebrate with her little brother.

He blows out his candles and squeezes his eyes shut tightly as he mutters something I cannot hear...

Now he is grown, Landon asks me if he can go exploring the jungle after he graduates. Yes my boy wants to be a Jungle Explorer!

My handsome son seems to have taken to his teenhood better than his older sister. Raven still seems to be in limbo and it breaks my heart, I just wish all of my children could find some kind of peace and be happy within themselves. I see how content Landon is, and I wish that for Raven so very much!

Caleb has proudly displayed Landon's latest photo on the wall. Nothing so far seems to phase him, he is so easy going and cheerful! I am enjoying the quiet in the house, we seem to be going through a blissfully uneventful period in our family life, long may it last!

Vladislaus Straud's POV:

"STOP!" My heart is pounding in my chest as I step inside the room.

"Please, Esme! Do not marry this man!"
"Esme, who is this old guy???" The human refers to me as old, he doesn't know the half of it! I cannot let her marry him, I know she does not love him!

"Vlad?"
"Esme, please..."
"Vlad what are you doing here?"
"You are making a huge mistake!"

She looks into my eyes, in her beautiful wedding dress she is a vision to behold! "I cannot let you do this..."
"Why Vlad? Say it!"
"Because..." I must say the words, or this will all be for nothing! "...because I love you Esme! I am so in love with you! Marry me, not him!"

She leaps into my arms and stares so deeply into my eyes, "I thought you'd never say it!" She smiles with relief, "I love you too, Vladislaus I want to marry you too!"

That vision of her in my arms stays with me until I wake up, and I realise that my crashing her wedding is all a dream! Meaning I still have time to declare my love for her before it is too late...I can be the man she deserves!

"Esme sweetheart, you have a visitor!" Caleb Vatore announces my presence to his daughter, and she stares at me with bewilderment.
"Hello Esme!" I greet her, she is unaware of who I really am, my maker knows exactly who I am however, and he approves of me! Then suddenly it hits her, she knows me, of course she knows me!
"Vlad?"
"Yes, it is me!"

I cannot help myself, I embrace her as her father shifts to the other chair to get a better look at us. He really hasn't changed, in over 700 years he is still the same nosey young man I turned into a creature of the night!

"Vlad what happened? You're...younger looking!"
"Yes, I decided to change...for you! Esme may I talk with you?" She nods happily, I think I made the right choice, I looked like this when Darick Bludstone came upon me well over 1000 years ago!

We sit together in a brief silence as she continues to smile at me. Finally I break our silence by getting to the point, "Esme I changed for you because I...well..."

"Esme I am in love with you!" I am nervous, I hope she will react the same way she did in my dream.
"Oh Vlad I...I'm engaged!" She pouts sadly, obviously she is not thrilled to be in this predicament.

"Yes my darling, but are you truly happy about it? Is he the one? If he is then I can only give you my blessing and allow you to get on with your life!"
"Oh Vlad..." Esme sighs, she is having doubts, I feel the butterflies in my stomach.

She stands up, a small tear escapes her perfect eyes and a lump forms in my throat. "I settled, I called Wolfgang and I chose safety!" I nod, I understand completely, after everything with Darick I truly do!
"Esme my dear, I would never compromise your safety! I love you, but...you must do what your heart tells you to do. And I will accept and respect that choice!"

I mean what I say, but I won't give up without a fight! I must grab the chance to kiss her before she decides. In over a thousand years I never imagined that I would love another ever again! But here she is, stealing my heart that little thief!

I summon Wolfgang Munch, as Esme gets her breath back and stares at me in shock, "You must do as your heart tells you Esme! You must do what is right for you!"

I await Esme's decision, but being impatient I wait outside and listen into their conversation. "So Wolfgang, I hope you understand that I can't live a lie! Please don't be sad, we weren't really in love anyway were we?" Wolfgang growls angrily...

...then he weeps like a child. "Esme!" He whimpers, "You were my last chance! I'm getting old!"

"Who will have me now?" I almost feel sorry for him, almost, but my giddiness gets in the way of that! One man's broken heart is another man's happiness!

Wolfgang wipes his face roughly and grunts "I didn't really like you anyway and your teeth are stupid!" He stomps out and I hear Esme call my name...

...I am there in an instant! "Wolfgang and I are no more!" She announces, "So..." We look at each other, I am so nervous and excited at the same time.
"So..." I repeat, "...do you...fancy going for coffee?"

Trixie's POV:

Our days of uneventful existence continue, at least as far as I am aware, but my husband has a permanent smirk on his face lately! I overhear my family chatting about Esme's new boyfriend, as far as I knew, she was engaged to Wolfgang?

I ask Landon what is going on, he simply smiles and replies "Esme and Vladislaus Straud are bumping uglies!" I gasp, my teenage son uttering such things, I let out a small giggle then realise exactly what he said! Esme and VLAD???

I scold him half-heartedly as he heads upstairs. He seems to have a lot on his mind. I worry he is going the same way as his sister!

He has been such a happy young man thus far, I hope he remains this way! Raven has struggled for a while now, perhaps being the youngest children is a burden that they do not deserve!

Raven stays glued to her father most of the time, watching him as he upgrades all of our appliances. Fire in the home frightens him, he is making his way through everything to keep us safe.

Landon's birthday cake remains on the counter as I hear Caleb cursing. He is so fussy when it comes to tidiness! I however have more to worry about than some leftover cake, Caleb repairs the dishwasher while standing in a puddle, all I need is for him to be electrocuted!

After his first brush with death, he moves onto the fridge! All I want is for the tumble dryer to be safe! There have been far too many fires caused by that damned appliance!

While their father potters around, our twins are practicing their vampire powers on one another, Esme teases Abi over her engagement and how much she loves Charley, but Abi can give as good as she gets mentioning Esme's newfound romance with our old nemesis Vladislaus Straud!

It knocks her off of concentration as she blushes and Abi goes in for the kill. I am so happy that even as adults they still get along as well as they did when they were little!

Raven, my darling girl, she is just as lost as ever! She chats to her friends online and explains that she cannot go out due to "chores", roughly translated the sun, which is a chore in itself for all of my children!

Caleb tries to keep her busy by appointing her the official Bonsai keeper! It does entertain her for all of ten minutes, but then she reverts back to her sullen mood.


It can't be easy, she has friends at school but none of them are vampires and they cant possibly understand her predicament. I regret having vampire children who suffer the same way I did when I was first turned, they were born into this but I was turned. They don't know any other life, I do though. I keep human life to myself! At the time it was a chore, but today I wouldn't mind being ordinary Beatrix again!

Raven comes downstairs and overhears her sisters and brother-in-law laughing and enjoying themselves, I see in her eyes she is envious.

Alex is very kind to her, he treats her like he would treat his sister Cassandra, they have a good relationship. But Raven needs friends of her own age, friends she can be with for longer than a couple of hours. This sun thing is really an obstacle!

While her friends enjoy it, Raven sits indoors reading. She would much rather be outside laughing, joking, talking about boys! I wish all of this for her some day!

And as Caleb makes his way around the house, he is too late to upgrade the dryer, as I discover! Vivaan is out and about, he yells something about not wanting me joining him in the ground and flaps his arms around.

Luckily it is a small fire and is easily put out by my daughters. Vivaan chuckles and says "Wow Trix that was a close one!" I growl at him and head for the shower.

The twins are holding onto the ghost dogs, why I do not know for they are already dead! Raven asks Vivaan a series of questions about what it is like to be dead. This concerns me!

However there is some positive news, after a long time trying, Vivvy and Alex are expecting their first child! I am going to be a grandmother, I could faint!

As Vivaana breaks the news to her shocked and delighted husband, our house is about to become full to bursting!

I have noticed a little tension between my daughter and her husband lately, perhaps a baby to love and nurture will heal whatever rift has appeared in their marriage.

Esme is the first to congratulate her big sister on her pregnancy. She can't wait to be an auntie! One thing is for sure, there will be plenty of hands to help with the new arrival!


Caleb asks our son if he thinks that appearing everywhere as mist is creepy, our daughters have scolded him for this, to which Landon replies "Well, it kinda is! You can't keep appearing outta nowhere we could be doing...like...private stuff!"

"I see!" Caleb nods, "You mean like...teenage boy stuff?" Landon blushes and changes the subject.
"So dad the curfew, it's a bit early is it not?"

"I don't think so, 11 o'clock is pretty substantial, don't you think Esme?" My husband calls upon our daughter for backup.
"Well..."
"Dad seriously we're teenagers, and we're good teenagers! I think midnight is a lot fairer, especially for vampire teens, I mean...sunshine is not our friend!" He has a point!

Caleb stares our only son down, "The curfew remains!"
"Awww dad, I promise I will be good!" Landon gives his father a cheeky wink.
"The curfew remains!" Caleb repeats and nods solemnly.

Despite being refused a curfew extension, Landon smiles impishly to himself and mumbles "We shall see, we shall see!"

Abi supports her older sister in her second trimester. She and Esme have promised to help Vivvy and Alex out when the baby is born.

And the curfew discussion has spread to my three older daughters, they discuss Landon's argument that vampire teens are entitled to a longer curfew.

While Landon tries to get his sister onside, Raven listens to his proposal...

...and for the first time in a long time, she smiles! "Landon you're so right! We do deserve an extension! I mean, we're vampires like you say! Sun is not our friend! The moon is, and we are stronger while he is out! You have my support little brother!"

Vivvy and Abi talk about baby names, Vivvy likes a few that Alex isn't too keen on, however Alex wants to name a son Mortimer and a daughter Bella! No imagination at all!

Abi tries to see both points of view, "Well you could call your son whatever you like and have his middle name Mortimer? Same with a daughter?"
"That's a great idea, I just hope Alex goes for it!" Vivvy feels a little better after speaking with her sister, I personally wouldn't like her to name her child Beatrix or Caleb, so I see where she is coming from! Alex sometimes has queer ideas indeed!

I finally manage to convince Raven to spend some time with her friends after school. Ingrid Gould and Mizuki Yoshida are her best friends, but they are human...

...and even as she tries to feel like a normal teenager, the sun is burning young Raven and it is impossible for her to bear. Her friends stand oblivious to her pain.

"Guys I...just remembered I have chores to do!"
"Ugh your chores, really Raven your parents are slave drivers!" Ingrid tuts.

And my beautiful girl heads home, sad that she cannot spend time with her friends before dark!

After their previous conversation, Caleb appears unannounced in the living room as Landon sits chatting to friends on the computer.

"JESUS!" Landon yells as Caleb drinks his water, nonplussed.
"What is wrong with you boy?"
"Dad we talked about this!"

"I'm going to my room, for PRIVACY!"



"Am I really that creepy?" Caleb mulls over our children's comments. Appearing in bat form or mist form is something he has done since I have known him, it is as natural to him as breathing is to human beings!

I try to explain to him that the younger children will find it a little overwhelming if he just appears out of nowhere, they need their space and some fair warning that he is about to enter a room. "I don't mean it!" He mumbles sadly.
"I know darling, I know!"

The curfew debate rages on, the older girls weigh up the pros and cons of having a midnight curfew. The twins are in agreement with Landon, however Vivaana, about to become a parent herself, can see a flaw in the design.

"Yes they will benefit from an extra hour outside but from a safety point of view are they really wise to stay out until midnight?" Abi doesn't seem to be so sure anymore as Vivaana makes a good point.

"I didn't really think of that, what about you Esme?" Esme seems just as confused as her twin.
"Daddy what do you think?" Esme passes the buck onto her father.
"Who me? I have no idea, I'm just a creepy old man remember!" Caleb huffs.

Raven is still hurting over having to leave her friends so abruptly. Listening to her older siblings and father argue over the curfew is depressing her even more.


Landon takes it all in his stride, although he would like to stay out until midnight, he's not really bothered if it doesn't go his way.

And my fears are subsiding, it seems I only have one subdued teen to deal with as Landon smiles that gappy smile of his!

Another day, another moment of contemplation for my dear Raven. Now she has her room decorated the way she wants it, she spends a lot of time in there.

She has spent this weekend in her pyjamas contemplating life. While her brother has made the most of his time out of school...

...he has taken up jogging to clear his mind and to keep his emotional control within a manageable balance.

He is a sensitive boy and he notices his sister is not as content as he is. So he always has time for her, and she never refuses a hug from her little brother!

Caleb finally gets around to upgrading the dryer to prevent any more little mishaps! While the twins debate the ever present curfew discussion...

...my third trimester daughter is aware that someone is breaking the curfew we already have in place!


But she is easily distracted when her husband approaches for a little feel of the bump. "Aww little Morty, or little Bella! You're a mighty kicker yes you are!"
"Um Alex?"

"Yes Vivvy baby?"
"I would rather not name our child after one of your parents if you don't mind?"
"Oh..."
"But we can always use middle names!" Alex grins at this compromise, we seem to have found a common ground. My Vivvy will be relieved.

They make a sweet couple, but sometimes I get the feeling that Alex is in another world. He loves Vivvy, that much is obvious, but he seems to be preoccupied with what's going on in his head! I worry for my grandchild, hopefully he will be less absent-minded with him or her!

And just in time, Landon appears on the curfew. Vivvy is distracted by a hug from her husband as my cheeky teenage son approaches the family board and posts a note for his sister.

"I'm home now Vivvy, no need to go into labour!" He is such a monkey!
"Landon you are late!" Vivvy scolds him.
"I have a note Viv!" He chuckles, and leaves the lovebirds to it.

Despite being in her third trimester, Vivaana still suffers from morning sickness. Alex gets out of there before her mood changes, which has been happening a lot lately. "Ouch!" Vivvy exclaims...

Music always makes her feel better, and since she has been promoted she needs to keep playing in order to maintain her high standard at work.

While Vivaana has been at work, we as a family have been volunteering at a local old folks home.

We all return at the same time, and Vivvy looks relieved to have missed out on it. But the rest of the family is on high spirits having done something worthwhile for the community. And that's when it happens...

Alexander Goth, husband of my eldest daughter, flirts with my second oldest daughter who is gay! Right in front of his heavily pregnant wife!!!

"WHAT IS THIS SH*T???" Vivaana is not impressed! Not only is she tired from a long day at work, heavily pregnant and burning from the sun...

...she is also extremely hurt that her lesbian sister seems to reciprocate!

"ALEXANDER GOTH!"
"Uh-oh!"

"Did she...did she see?"
"What just happened? Did we...flirt?" Abi seems shocked by her actions, even more shocked by her brother-in-laws, and frightened by her sister's!

Alex tries to smooth things over with Vivaana, what possessed him is anyone's guess! Abi retreats into the house and tells me what just happened, and how astounded she is by her own reaction!

"Viv, I...I don't know what just happened I..."
"Alex? Don't ever do that again or I will kill you!"
"Does this mean you forgive me?" VIvvy does not answer him, she simply goes inside to stop singeing...

...but the look on her face says it all! Alex is far from forgiven!

"She forgives me, right?"

Abi tries to smooth things over with her sister, "I'm a lesbian Vivvy! I'm not remotely interested in Alex!"
"It's okay Ab!"

"But if you ever do anything like that again, I will slit your throat!"
"*gulp* Um...Vivvy?"
"Please understand that it's the hormones talking but I will cut you if I see you flirting with Alex again!"

"Vivvy I said I was sorry, I love Charley! We're engaged! Esme tell her!" My other daughter enters the fray as Vivaana looks Abi up and down, like a lioness sizing up her prey.

"Vivvy it was a slip up, Abi has never been flirted with by a guy before, she was a little taken aback!" Vivvy nods as Esme defends her twin.
"That's okay, you're forgiven but Alex...well not so much!"

This pregnancy has brought out a more violent Vivaana and it is quite frightening. But her music seems to soothe her fortunately.

Abi asks Landon for some help. Being the loving baby brother, he has an advantage that none of his sisters have, he can tame the beast that is Vivaana!

But even Landon doesn't want to go there, he politely tells Abi that he likes having all of his vital organs where they are.



It's project time once again, and Raven asks Esme to help her and Landon, but she tells them her days of doing school projects are over. The teens are on their own!

As they work, the twins discuss Vivaana's extreme moods. Things are worse than we initially feared with her, not only is she blowing hot and cold...

...but she has reverted to permanent dark form!

Tonight as she arrives home from work, she stands in front of the ever debatable curfew and grunts "God damn curfew sh*t!"

Finding where her siblings and husband are, Vivaana suddenly compels Alex...


...and drinks deeply from him as her sisters and brother look on awkwardly. "Um...what just happened?" Abi mumbles.


Poor Alex had no choice in the matter, if Vivvy wasn't heavily pregnant Caleb would disown her for this!


Vivaana leaves her husband unconscious on the floor as her siblings dare not say a word!

Project done, Landon does a happy little dance to himself, trying to forget what he saw his oldest sister do to her husband earlier!

Still in her dark form, Vivvy listens to her sisters discuss Abi's wedding. The twins are finding it hard to conceal their discomfort over their older sister's recent behaviour.

But Vivaana suddenly goes into labour and gives birth shortly afterwards...

...to a son she names Ezra Smallwood...

...and a daughter she names Zuri Smallwood! Yes it may seem that the twins were the reason for her extreme moods!

Landon is the first to meet his nephew and niece...


...and after a little practice is a natural with them, he helps Vivvy feed and change them!

I come to meet my grandson and granddaughter as Vivvy picks up her palette for the first time in an age and paints Ezra!

And what beautiful babies they are. I no longer feel intimidated over being a granny! These two little darlings make everything better!

Abi has taken to upgrading and fixing the appliances while her father is out at work. And once again my heart is in my boots as she stands in a puddle!

But luckily she survives her stupidity to spend time with Ezra and Zuri, she and Esme are eager to help their sister while she goes to work. This shall be a team effort to raise the twins!

Even Alex has turned out to be a very helpful and worthy father! And now it is time for my grandchildren to become toddlers and wreak havoc everywhere they go like their mother and aunts and uncle before them...

Ezra is a charmer, while his sister is independent! Yes Zuri is certainly that!


Esme thoroughly enjoys spending time with them, I get the feeling it is making her broody! Perhaps I should warn Vlad that he may hear the pitter patter soon...no let him find out for himself how much Esme wants a child of her own!

Vivaana still concerns me, for she is still wandering around in dark form, even to her work. I wonder how long this will go on for?


The twins have all the attention they require when their parents are at work, they are loved by all the family and everyone fights over them. 

Even Raven seems a little cheerier lately since the twins were born...

...she even invited her friend Ingrid over after school!

And Landon has taken up meditation, as living in a house full of sisters can be quite stressful for a teenage boy!

However, since Raven became more lively, she tends to invade his space a little too much! And being the patient young man he is, Landon humours his big sister...

...but I am not sure just how far his patience will stretch!

To Be Continued...

VOTING FOR THE NEXT HEIR IS UP AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE! GO VOTE NOW! YOU DON'T HAVE LONG! VOTE VOTE VOTE!!! 👍👍👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)