Sunday 18 February 2018

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation One: A Sims 4 Story

The Smallwood Family Legacy: A Sims 4 Story

Chapter Eight: Growing So Fast

As Caleb frets over Vivvy's new life stage and the fact that Max Villareal is a very real boy with very real feelings for his teenage step-daughter, I chat with her about practical things like homework and the importance of keeping the house clean.

I may have mentioned her dad's uneasiness, so she decides to ask him for some vampire training unaware that now she is a teen the sunlight is a problem!

Caleb is in his element as he demonstrates his powers to a bored Vivvy and confused Buzz. 

"And this is how you transform into mist..."
"Dad, the beginners version would have sufficed!" Vivvy chuckles at Caleb's enthusiasm.

But the sun begins to burn, Vivaana has never felt such pain! She stands outside and groans for a few moments, Caleb tuts and remarks that he can teach her to walk in the sun. She isn't listening! Caleb heads off to work, our funds are depleting rapidly even though we are both working!


As the sun goes down, Vivaana goes out for a jog to clear her head hoping that her emotional control will rise!

And Caleb returns home with a promotion, he is now level 4 of the business career.


Vivaana is talented with the piano, however her sister is only just learning the violin and it is grating on my nerves, I am trying to write another book! I don't have the heart to tell Esme that she hasn't got a musical ear!


Vivvy seems to have though, and as she moves onto the guitar in her room Buzz follows her around as usual!


My Vivvy is artistic in every way, she realises we are struggling financially and offers to sell her artwork to help us! I don't know what I would do without her!


She manages to sell a couple of paintings and our bank balance is a little healthier. As she takes a break on her yoga mat...


...Caleb buys me a washing machine and dryer with his bonus for getting promoted. He expands the house and I have a fully functioning laundry room!



I no longer have to scrub on my knees in puddles to get our clothes clean! I watch the garments go round and round, it fascinates me!


Esme joins me for a while, it's really more fascinating than television, something we do not have! Caleb hates it!


After over 700 years Caleb still finds his lack of reflection hilarious! As he calls me through to the hall, he has a surprise for me...


Vivaana has helped with the surprise, it's a festival! A Love festival! Vivaana meets a petal throwing young gentleman and is rather distracted!


His name is Alexander Goth and Vivvy is soon saying "Max who?"


Caleb is giddy, I have never seen him so excited! He even gets up to sing karaoke! He's singing a love song, and he's singing it to me...he cannot sing...he tries...he keeps giggling! Oh how adorable this is!


Vivaana on the other hand, does not find him adorable! Alexander Goth has disappeared and she is thoroughly embarrassed by her dad!


Caleb announces his true intentions to me, "Trixie my darling! I brought you here to renew our wedding vows!"
"Oh Caleb..."
"Trixie Smallwood, will you marry me again?"
"Oh yes Caleb, always yes!"


My husband is amazing! I did not expect this at all! Of course I will renew our vows! Marrying Caleb is the best thing that ever happened to me, even if it took me a while to realise it!


I see tears in his eyes as he tenderly kisses my hands! "Trixie, my one and only love!" He whispers, funny Vivaan said the exact same thing!

As we renew our wedding vows and exchange eternity rings, I think fondly of Vivaan and our brief love affair that resulted in the birth of Vivaana!

And as I kiss my husband, Vivaan is still in my heart, he's just not my soulmate! Caleb Vatore is, and always has been, my one true love!


Vivaana arranged a fireworks display in our honour, it is beautiful!

As Caleb watches the colours burst into the sky, I tell him "Caleb, you are the love of my life! You do know that, yes?" He does not turn around, but I hope he is smiling as he replies,
"I know that you are the love of mine...and that's always been enough for me!"
"You have to know, you must feel how much I love you?" He shrugs, I feel uneasy.
"Trixie, we get by! We like each other, we have kids together, we are happy living under the same roof and...well we enjoy sharing a marital bed..." He chuckles, "...but yes, I feel your love for me. And sometimes I cannot believe my luck!"

He really cannot believe his luck, for he visits the love guru for some wisdom. He is not disappointed, he gets the answer he has yearned for...

A match made to last the ages? I have tried to tell him this, but only now will he believe it! He tells Vivaana how amazing this guru is and convinces her to go and consult him!

She is confused, she likes Max, but now there's Alexander! She is just newly a teenager, she is entitled to shop around I suppose...

...however the guru has two interesting pieces of information for her! 

Vivvy meets a pretty young girl with lilac hair at the t-shirt stand. They stare at one another for a few moments until the girl breaks the ice.

"Hi, your t-shirt, did you get it here?"
"Yes, do you like it?"
"Oh yes, it's lovely! I'm Amie by the way, Amie Pence!"
"Vivaana Smallwood!"

The girls chat for quite a while, Vivvy is very fond of her new t-shirt. I on the other hand...

...I find Caleb being very chatty with a young woman! It boils my blood and angers me so much! I never knew I could be so jealous until I saw him flirting with someone who isn't me! It's all very harmless, but I am furious with him and tell him so! He's embarrassed and we head home. Vivvy has to cut short her conversation with Amie.

But my fury turns to sadness when I arrive home to find my beloved Buzz has passed away!

The entire family are devastated! As the Grim Reaper takes his soul away. we are left with an urn, Buzz will rest next to Vivaan in the back garden!

Not only is Heidi beside herself from losing her mate, she is also dirty and very very sick!

I have to take her to the vet to be treated or we will have two graves outside next to Vivaan!

The twins are devastated, I try to comfort them as best as I can! "He is in a better place now girls, he was old and blind...it is a blessing!" Esme weeps as Caleb tells me to hurry to the vet with Heidi.
"I will look after the girls, you go!"

I arrive just in time, it is almost closing! I book Heidi in and I wait for a vet to see her!

Many things go through my head as I wait. Caleb's flirty encounter, Buzz's death, Heidi's illness! Everything is just happening all at once!


Heidi finally gets called in and the vet says she will live with a simple vaccination. I am relieved, as she is treated and we are given the all clear to go home.

She is very dirty still, a bath is in order when we return to Wolfsbane Manor! Also she has suddenly aged up, Heidi is now an elder!

Now that I know she is alright, I am angry again! Caleb the cad! I know he isn't, I know he was just being friendly and I took it all the wrong way! But he's mine! Oh my gosh, what is happening to me???

Mr Reaper is still there when I get back from Brindleton Bay Vets. Even though we are friends death and I, it doesn't mean I am pleased with him! He only ever turns up to take someone I love away! "But Trixie it's my job!" He insists, and I know this! He bids me farewell and cryptically tells me he will see me again soon!

Caleb has laid Buzz to rest next to Vivaan, exactly where I wanted! Having a graveyard in the back garden wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I do want my deary departed loved ones near to me! So a graveyard garden it is!

Vivaana has two suitors arrive at our door! Alexander Goth and Max Villareal. Vivvy has discovered that Max has the evil trait and has been rather put off by this. Alexander on the other hand seems like a nice boy.

Vivaana greets him still wearing her love festival t-shirt. He is an awkward young man, quite handsome, and he is a bookworm! 

So Vivaana tries to put him at ease by discussing books with him, asking his favourite author and letting him raid our bookshelf.

Caleb spots this young interloper, he is trying to casually eavesdrop into their conversation, "And so I glued the last few pages together and bought another copy, hid it under my bed and as Cassandra tried to flick to the end and spoil it for me she couldn't get the pages apart!" Alexander is describing thwarting his sister's plan to tell him the end of the Harry Potter books before he had finished them. Vivvy giggles, she finds him cute when he's so passionate about something.

"Well I would never tell you the ending of anything! I could never ruin a book for you Alex!"
"Aw Vivaana, you're...well that's sweet of you!" Caleb watches them bond, he's a tad jealous but he prefers this Alexander Goth to the Max one, as he refers to him.

Vivaana gives Max some of her time too, they chat about computers and his club, the renegades. He tries to get her to join but she says she is too busy with her studies and her music.

Since we have a space in the household, I call up the animal adoption agency and get them to bring round this strapping fellow named Rocky to mate with Doodle...

...and I am unsuccessful, Rocky returns to the pound. Doodle just won't play ball!

To add insult to injury, Doodle attacks the man who brought Rocky over. I am so tired of her behaviour lately, maybe she is missing her father!

Since his flirtation after our wedding vow renewal, Caleb has been sleeping in Vivvy's room and she has been sharing a bed with me. I am so lost without my handsome vampire that I wake him up to talk. "Caleb?"

"What is it Trixie? Is everything okay?"
"Caleb, about that woman..." He interrupts me with such a sad face,
"She meant nothing!"

"Trixie I was just being polite, she asked me if I worked out, I just smiled at her that is all I promise!"
"Caleb I know, please come back to our bed? I miss you!" The look of relief on his face is adorable, I have missed him so much! My jealousy has cost me three sleepless nights without my Caleb!

Our kiss is sweet, and oh so warm and tender!

I unashamedly suggest we woo hoo as bats, well try for a baby actually...nothing ventured?

And a baby is what we have got! I am pregnant with Caleb's third child, my fourth!

I go downstairs and break the news to him, "Caleb? We're going to have another baby!!!"

I think he might be pleased! "Woooooot!" He fist pumps the air, does a little dance and grins at me, "Trixie that's amazing!"

I let him break the news to our children, Abigail is just as giddy about the new baby as her daddy! Just Esme and Vivvy to tell now, but Vivvy has gone to the pool with Max and Alexander.

Tonight she is going to decide between the two boys! 


As they chat in the pool, Vivaana realises that Max is not only evil, he plays on it from time to time. As he teases Alex, Vivvy decides to splash him to teach him a lesson...

...but he just enjoys it and sees it as Vivvy flirting with him. Alex leaves them to it as she breaks to Max that she has decided who she truly wants...

...and it isn't him! "Alex, I'm sorry Max was mean to you! He's not the boy I thought he was!"
"That's okay, we're friends, I know he's evil but I still like him!"
"And I like you, so I don't like people treating you like that, friend or not!"

"Alex?"
"Yes Vivaana?"
"I really do like you, and I wish you would call me Vivvy, everyone else does!"
"Okay, Vivvy!"

My eldest is in love! A teenager in love, Caleb will be rather put out! But this boy is a good match for her...

...when he's not posing for selfies that is! I guess we all have our faults, even Master Goth!

The afternoon sun is burning and it is time for Vivvy to go home, but not before she asks Alex to be her boyfriend, which he swiftly accepts!

She gets a little too full of herself and poses in front of him, he likes it though! Of course he does, he's a hormonal teenage boy!

"So let's meet up after school tomorrow, girlfriend!" Alex is chuffed to be her boyfriend, I think he's always liked her, but out of loyalty to Max he stayed in the shadows.


Just as they are saying their goodbyes, a random woman attacks Vivaana, but she has the upper hand and beats the woman down. In self defence of course!

Vivvy is so high on adrenaline that she has her first kiss with Alex! He is surprised, it must be his first kiss too! The woman who attacked Vivvy seems to stand and smile at them, strange woman indeed!

Alexander and Vivaana say their goodbyes before my lovely daughter fries in the sunshine!

She returns home feeling very uncomfortable, she won't be amused when Caleb informs her that she still has her homework to do! And that a baby brother or sister is on the way for her too!

As the sun sets on another day, I spend some time with my old companions.

The twins do their homework, they are doing very well, A students at the moment! Esme is a little less studious than Abi, she has her head in the clouds and tends to leave her work to the last minute.

Vivaana can hardly concentrate on her homework, she is sore from jogging and fatigued and she can't seem to shake them off. She does the silliest thing and takes medicine, thinking it will help with the aching muscles!

Not only do the twins have homework, but they have projects to do too! Caleb does offer but they shoo him away, they like to do them alone!

Vivaana trudges downstairs to do her project but she has over medicated, dragging herself over to the box like a zombie she hears her dad lecturing the twins on work ethic.

All three girls work carefully, Heidi comes out for a nosy...

...as does Vivaan! He is not amused to see his daughter under the influence of medication! 

After their projects are finished, ever studious Abi suggests they work on extra credit as Doodle snoozes next to her on the couch...

...and to my surprise Esme is quite happy to do so! Maybe this is a turning point? Maybe Esme will finally pay attention to her studies? She needs to as tomorrow it is time for the twins to age up!

I make them their favourite hamburger shaped cakes for their birthday! Today they become teenagers and I am a mixture of sad and happy! My girls are all growing so fast!

As they blow out their candles I hear Abi making a wish but I don't know what she is wishing for, Vivaana tells me that's good because it will come true!

The girls are beautiful! I am so proud of them, as is their father! 

I am in my second trimester and my back is killing me! Money is tight and I am still working, I am an advice columnist at the moment.

Caleb is making good money at work, but he is rather sad! Esme is such a beautiful young girl, and Caleb is afraid of losing her to some boy like Vivvy! "Oh daddy, I'm not interested in boys right now, all I want is to look after the dogs!"

She really is a pretty little thing!

As is her twin!

However Abi is prone to mood swings, she still helps around the house though and is learning to be handy too by fixing leaky taps and faulty computers!

The girls may be twins but they couldn't be more different! They get along though, that's the main thing! All three of my girls get along so well! I'm just excited for this new baby, I never thought we would have any more children! 

It is now too late for any more puppies anyway, Doodle has become an elder!

We spend most of our evenings by the jukebox in Vivaana's room dancing. It's where we have our most entertaining chats too! The girls get a good laugh watching their father dad dance!

Caleb has been promoted to level 5 and wants to keep it that way, he works on papers every night when he gets home!

And I am writing books, we're trying to make as much money as we can, this baby will not be cheap! Vivaana has sold another painting but it's still not enough!

I am in my third trimester and just returned from another hard day at work!

Vivaana wants to chat, she feels that she should be contributing more to the household. "Vivvy you are giving enough my sweet!"
"Oh mum I just want you and the baby to be okay, I don't want you to be stressed out!" Too late for that I'm afraid, but I would never tell her!

For the first time in my life, I lie to my daughter and tell her things are picking up! They are not, we are close to being broke! I have no idea what we did with our money! Vets bills are expensive I suppose.

Our baby will soon be here, Caleb is looking forward to it. I think I know why! "Can I feel?" He asks me excitedly.
"Of course you can darling!"

He rubs my belly affectionately as if he has never rubbed it before at this size, we have had two goes at this already! But no he savours this moment like he did the last two!

He looks me in the eyes and smiles, "I do hope we have our little boy!" And my heart sinks.
"But Caleb, as long as it is healthy does it matter?"
"Yes, it matters I can't lie! I want a son!"

I knew this, of course I did! But what if I cannot produce this boy he wants? Will he be angry? No not my Caleb! "What will be will be my love!" I mumble, I would like a little boy too, a mini Caleb...but nature is a funny thing!

"Trixie I love you! You're so beautiful when you're with child!" I think he has convinced himself this will be the boy he has waited for, perhaps he is right!

Buzz comes out to see us, but the whole thing has been a bit overwhelming for him and even in the afterlife, he needs a nap!

Esme and Vivvy have been chatting about boys, yes the girl who said she only liked dogs has been thinking about boys already! There is one in particular, a Lucas Munch! Oh why must they grow up so quickly???

Things are breaking down all the time, but Caleb fixes them. We cannot afford to hire repairmen or buy replacements!

And now Heidi is sick again, which means another trip to the vets! Will this never end???

I check her in and wait again, this time the clinic is very busy! I think I will be waiting a while!

I go for a sit down, my ankles are so swollen and my back is killing me! This baby is due any day now and on top of that Heidi is attacking the vet!

Another injection later and our bank balance has shrunk once again! We are haemorrhaging money!

I take that ever familiar trip out of the Brindleton Bay Vet Clinic and down the road with a much lighter purse than when I entered this place!

I haven't been home five minutes when my labour starts! I drag myself downstairs to rake out the old crib and prepare for this birth!

It is a quick labour, my third one, and my fourth child!

She arrives with a smile on her face, yes SHE!

Another Smallwood girl! The moment I look into her big eyes I feel instantly that she belongs to me! I don't care if she is another girl, she is mine and she is Caleb's!

As I snuggle into her, that baby smell overwhelms me and I tell her she is wanted, she is special and she is always going to be wanted!

 I name her Raven Smallwood, and place her in the crib her sisters lay in before her. She is beautiful and I am instantly in love with her! I cannot wait to see what she will look like...who she will look like!

How do I break the news to my husband, who has come home from work with another promotion awaiting the birth of his fourth child...a child he so very much hopes is a boy?

To Be Continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)