Monday 12 February 2018

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation One: A Sims 4 Story

The Smallwood Family Legacy: A Sims 4 Story

Chapter Seven: Uneasy Lies The Head That Wears A Crown

As we sleep, Caleb is fishing...and thinking!

Will he extend our stay here at Granite Falls? Or will he take us home to Wolfsbane Manor? He has a difficult choice to make, and I am not envious of his predicament!

As I listen to my newly awakened children tell me how homesick they are, I cannot imagine being in Caleb's position! I try and explain that it is for their own good that we are here! But their moods are suffering and they want to go home!

The only one that sees where we are coming from is Vivaana, having been informed of Vladislaus Straud and his intentions towards her and her sisters, she understands why we have to be away from home for so long! And she tries to help me by explaining to Abigail that everything we do is for a reason...

...and Abi sadly nods retreating to the house with her head down. Esme is just as sad as her twin and asks me how much longer they have to miss school and their friends! I await Caleb's decision, so I have no answer for her!

All I know is that my husband is a wise and wonderful vampire who does not make decisions lightly! "Daddy knows best Esme, trust him!" My eldest says exactly what I am thinking, and I am so grateful to have her!

Stronger, faster and smarter than before, my husband decides it is time to return to Wolfsbane Manor under cover of darkness. Despite Vlad being able to see better in the dark, Caleb is hoping that the spell he put on him did as much damage to him as it did to Caleb!

The manor hasn't changed, it is eerily quiet! Vladislaus Straud obviously found his way home in whatever stupor he was in!

The first thing Vivaana does is visit her father's grave to make sure it is untouched, not that Vlad would do anything to his favourite vampire child's resting place. I guess she just missed not being able to feel Vivaan near!

We've been home a few days, Caleb and I are even more in love than ever! It feels so good to love him the way I do now! The way I probably always loved him but was too grief stricken to know!

The dogs are glad to be home too! And like mother like daughter, Heidi and Doodle snooze on the couch together as if they've never been away!

Vivaana will come of age soon and she is trying to get her grades up at school before that, missing so much time has taken its toll on my studious daughter!

Esme breezes through her homework on a daily basis, Abi not so much, she would rather do other things than homework! I worry for her sometimes!

Vivaana is also making the most of her remaining childhood, she talks away to her father's grave while she hangs around her play bars like a monkey!

Caleb takes the girls to visit their Aunt Lilith and cousins. Dylan is a chunky little toddler who loves his Uncle Caleb and demands cuddles every time he sees him!

Larry on the other hand is wary of anyone who isn't his mum, dad or Uncle Sergio!

However, he soon gets used to his big cousins, even though they are all girls!

Caleb has an ulterior motive for visiting his sister, he wants her help in defeating Vladislaus Straud once and for all. She seems shocked by his request, "Caleb leave it be!"
"No Lilith I can't! He's after my family! And he will come after yours here in Windenburg if he ever discovers Dylan and Larry exist!" Lilith shivers at the thought of anyone harming her boys as Dylan trots over to his Uncle.
"Unca Cayweb!"

"I'm sorry sis, but until Straud is toast we are all in danger! You, me, Trixie, Vivvy, Abi, Esme, Dylan, Larry, Joaquin...even Sergio! Do you understand???" Lilith frowns and looks at her elder son, his chubby little fingers smack together in a giddy clap.

Lilith stands up and thinks for a moment, then says "Caleb, you are my brother and I love you! I love all of you! But...if Master Straud comes after me I will run!"
"I tried that Lilith I really did, but that is not the answer! We have to destroy him!"

"I'm sorry, darling brother I...I cannot be a part of this! I have to think of my boys!" And Caleb his girls Lilith! She is more frightened of Vlad than Caleb ever imagined! And that is blocking her from acting!

Oblivious to what is going on, the girls are having a great time with their little cousin. And as Sergio, Lilith and Joaquin's housemate, arrives home...

...Caleb no longer wants to discuss such a delicate matter in front of a human! So he and the girls head home to me...

...and Vivaan Gupta! Yes my long dead love has risen to have a chat with us all! Vivvy introduces her biological father to her half sister.

Us adults bring our discussion up to the safety of Caleb's attic study. Vivaan has much to say about our predicament. "Caleb my friend, you're absolutely right, Master Straud will never change and he will never rest until he has our daughters!"
"I'm glad someone from the former clan is on the same page!" Caleb's eyes are sad at the thought of his sister.
"Lily is scared Caleb! She always was, that's why she never left the manor!" Vivaan plays Devil's advocate.
"Until she met Joaquin she vowed never to step out of that door!" Caleb nods, "As far as Straud is concerned, Lilith is still here in the manor!"
"Let it remain that way for now!" Vivaan replies solemnly.

We have an ally in Vivaan, and as he cannot resist haunting our computer, I kiss Caleb to reassure him that even though his sister is not...I am with him!

"So..." Vivaan suddenly appears in Caleb's chair, "...what can I do?" We talk at length, Vivaan is also with us all the way! He wants to help, and that makes me feel better about things, Caleb and Vivaan combined is a force to be reckoned with.

Caleb leaves to put the twins to bed and I am alone with my first true love! "So..." He says again,
"So..." I repeat, this is awkward! And it needn't be!
"I am so happy for you and Caleb Trixie! I really am! I've never seen my old pal so content...despite Master Straud breathing down his neck, he's complete with you!" Oh Vivaan!

"And I with him, I still love you Vivaan with all of my heart, but I am madly in love with Caleb! I...I'm sorry I shouldn't be telling you this..." He cuts me off with a wave of the hand.
"Trixie if I truly love you, then I should be happy that you are in love and happy!"

"And I am!" He smiles, "Our love affair was brief, you and Caleb are forever! And I am going to make sure it stays that way, we're gonna deal with Master Straud I promise you! Your twins are beautiful by the way, I see how smitten Caleb is with them and my Vivaana! He was made to be a father, thank you for giving him that opportunity!"
"Oh Vivaan, I am so lucky to have both of you in my life!"
"And us you Trixie babe, and us you!"

Vivaan sticks around a while, it's been so long since we had a proper talk we don't really want him to go! Doodle has never seen a ghost before, so it is a little frightening for her to witness Vivaana's father popping out of the floor!

And speaking of Vivaana, Vivaan is so pleased to finally chat with his daughter properly! As they embrace, I feel a lump in my throat, I have dreamt of this moment for a long time!

"Oh my gosh Vivaana! My beautiful girl!"
"Hello father!" Vivaana refrains from calling him daddy, that is Caleb's place!

Vivaan tells her how proud he is of her, how beautiful she is, how he wants her to be confident and to never doubt Caleb's love for her! These men really are true friends and blood brothers!

Vivaan also tells Vivaana how wonderful her daddy is, how he put his family first before his ambition! That the feud he once had with Vladislaus Straud paled in comparison to his children and his wife!

Vivaana tells Vivaan "I love you father, I always will! But Caleb will always be my daddy!"
"I understand and support you completely!" Vivaan nods happily.

"He deserves that title, and I couldn't wish for a better man to take my place!"
"Not take your place father, you both have different places in my heart! Father and Dad! There is room enough for two!" Vivaan grins and embraces Vivaana once more, immensely proud of who she has become!

The next day, poor Buzz becomes an elder! He is grey in places, a bit slower, and he may be blind in one eye! I dread the day he is no longer with us! I don't want to think about it!

Caleb has been busy taking pictures of us all, he wants to document our life! Vivaan was right, Caleb has never been happier! I sometimes wonder about his life before I met him, were there others before me? Or was he forever alone? Caleb is such a beautiful man, I can't imagine him living as a bachelor! However there is no sign of another love in his life apart from his sister!

Vivvy is getting creative, learning the piano...

...and drawing, her biggest passion!

I was a little concerned when she continued her toddler habit of making a mess as a child! Especially so close to becoming a teenager!

But she always cleans up after herself, perhaps it is a way of letting off steam. So I allow it, she has learned to tidy, I am not disappointed!

Her teenage years are looming, but that doesn't stop her playing with toys, I think she wants to be a child for as long as she can!

But one thing she has achieved is completing her aspiration of Artistic Prodigy!

She is learning new skills every day, but alas there are other things that come with being a child on the cusp of teenhood...

...mood swings! Poor Abi is at the receiving end of Vivvy's new phase of being irritated by people who are not me or Caleb!

Abi is confused, but she soon won't be when it comes to her! Picky eaters, messy children...it comes to them all!

Like water off a duck's back, Abi retreats to her room to play doctor!

She is an easy going young lady, her big sister's mood doesn't seem to affect her too much!

School is going well for all the girls, they are now B students. Vivaana has a project to do, she completes her homework and gets down to it, although this time she refuses Caleb's help and wants to do this one all by herself!

The twins are a little slower at their homework than their big sister. And although Esme breezes through it, she cannot help chatting to Abi and distracting both of them!

The twins have projects too, and get going with them in the back garden, Caleb is always terrified that Vlad finds them, the twins are still unaware of his capabilities! Vivaana understands that they are still a bit too young to understand!

It is true that Caleb's offspring are just as valuable to Vlad as Vivaan's, but if he had a choice he would most definitely have Vivaana first!

There has been no sign of the man himself, that is true, but he does send his goons over from time to time to spy on us...

...the dogs don't take kindly to strangers lurking outside, especially Doodle, and they are constantly on the attack! It is never the same vampire that spies, perhaps they are frightened of little Doodle? Who knows!

Vivaan comes out again a few nights later, he seems to be comfortable with wandering our rooms in the middle of the night! Vivaana can't wait to play her favourite tune on the piano for him...

...and we discuss how talented our daughter is! However her mood is still rather prevalent!

With both her daddy and father present, I decide that now is the best time to ask hr about this phase she is going through...

Her answer is precise, and hurtful! Am I doing everything I can to give my children confidence and independence?

While the girls are at school and Caleb is at work, I spend some time with the dogs! Heidi is still a sweet little thing, and just like Buzz she too will soon become an elder!

I love dogs, always have! Our full house prevents me or Doodle to conceive and it saddens me! The only way for that to happen is if Buzz or Heidi...that is out of the question!

To take my mind off of pets leaving, I hone my skills for work writing a children's' book!

And my husband has been promoted! I am loving his new suit, so much so that I want to remove it as quickly as possible to see what is underneath....as if I don't know! I have every inch of my Caleb etched in my brain!

But as he returns home, my lovely Caleb is not himself! I later discover that Lilith is threatening to flee to the city of San Myshuno!

Caleb will never see his sister or nephews again, she will disappear like smoke! There has been a fight, an awkward phone call in which Lilith told Caleb she hated him!

But that evening, she seems to have a change of heart as she appears at our door! Our twins let her in and she tries to apologise to me!

"It is not me you should be apologising to Lilith!" I tell her flatly, I am neither angry or happy with her, I'm indifferent!
"Well will he talk to me?"
"I honestly don't know, he's in the attic filling out his paperwork for tomorrow!"

Doodle takes offence to her being there and attacks!

I finally get Caleb to speak with her, she seems to have come out in a nasty rash, nerves she says! She is constantly stressed over the whole Vlad situation! She apologises to her brother...

...who takes no persuading in forgiving her! Their bond is stronger than that! She promises to try and help with the upcoming battle ahead! But she is still so visibly scared!

Caleb has organised a house party to test the neighbourhood waters, Abi is excited and has invited a friend over!

Vivaana has invited a friend also, but he will be arriving shortly. I presume it is the elusive Max she told me all about when we were in Granite Falls!

Emerson Bheeda, Abi's friend, seems to have the dogs intrigued and Doodle doesn't even attack!

Lilith arrives dressed for a party, and she has brought someone with her...

...newly aged Dylan! Vivaana is too preoccupied to chat with her cousin, who is desperate for some cake!

For her friend from school, Max Villareal, has arrived but he is now a teenager!

Vivaana is disappointed he is older than her now, but she is pleased he came to the party! Dylan received the cake he was whining for...

...and Vivaana ventures outside to stargaze with Max!

I watch from afar as my eldest daughter listens attentively to the young man pointing up at the stars and chatting away to her like an old friend!

Vivaana has one day left of her childhood, and I know exactly what she will do when her birthday comes around! She will then be Max's equal, and I can see in her face that this boy means more to her than just a school friend!

Emerson leaves with his head hanging! I have no idea what Abi did, but he is very upset indeed!

She is far too busy listening to this meathead! Addison Lugo! A teenager who is so full of himself he has no other topic of conversation!

I am dressed for a party! But it ends before I can even begin to show off my outfit! No sign of Vlad or his cronies, I am not sure if this good or bad!

As the sun rises I am aware of an overflowing amount of washing in each basket! Stupidly I begin this when I am at my most vulnerable!

Frantically scrubbing while I sizzle in the rising sun...

...my lovely husband finishes my job for me as I...

...well I rest! My strength is zapped!

But there is so much more washing to do! And as soon as Caleb finishes work he is off to do it for me, I am still out of action under the covers trying to gain my strength back!

Caleb is a gem! I don't know what I would do without him! My sweet love! He washes the remaining clothes and hangs them out to dry, while the dogs make a nuisance of themselves, Doodle in particular who now needs a bath!

On Vivvy's last day as a child, she helps her sister with her homework...

...and then it's off to chat with Max online!

An indication she is growing up is the presence of a diary, this is new! Vivvy never had a diary until she saw teenage Max! After she is done, she hides it where I cannot find it, not that I would read it...or would I?

I bake a birthday cake for my big girl, while Caleb cleans up after me! Team efforts are so very sexy, he must be rewarded for this!

Vivaana's cake lies waiting for her! I am both happy and sad about her coming of age! A mother always wants her babies to remain just that...babies forever!

Vivaana blows out her candles...but they do not go out the first time!

Second time around she is successful! She makes a wish, but like she did as a toddler she does not tell me for fear of it not coming true!

Vivaana has grown into a beautiful teenage girl, one who Max Villareal will struggle to resist! She has taken her passion for piano and made her aspiration Musical Genius!

Caleb is struggling with her age-up! She will always be his baby girl, no matter how old she is! This is a bigger obstacle to him than Vladislaus Straud ever was!

And her interest in Max Villareal has Caleb concerned, as well as a little jealous! He wants to be the only man in her life!


But sadly, little girls always grow up...and little boys take notice!

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)