Wednesday 31 January 2018

The Smallwood Family Legacy Generation One: A Sims 4 Story

The Smallwood Family Legacy: A Sims 4 Story


Chapter Four: Moving On

 Caleb tends to my daughter as I weep at her father's grave. He is so very good with Vivaana and treats her like his own daughter!

 Caleb is kind, thoughtful, caring, loving...and yet I am still in love with a ghost! He deserves better, but he has his heart set on me, he is either a fool or a hopeless case...perhaps both! I should not be cruel about him, he has never done me any harm! He protects me from Vladislaus Straud, who has been enquiring about me, since I moved he has been looking for me and Vivaana!

 As I come in from the cold, I don't feel much warmer as Lilith gives me an odd look. Caleb doesn't even look at me he just stares at his sister. "Trixie, may I have a word?" What is this about?

"Caleb what's the matter..." He doesn't let me finish he just dives right in.
"Lilith saw you, by Viv's grave...she says you were very upset! I understand it's just..." I break down.

 "Oh Trixie please don't!"
"I just wish I could see him, let him know that Vivaana is here!" Caleb tries to comfort me, although he himself is in need of some comfort.
"I just want to know what I can do, I think we're getting somewhere you and me and then...I just want to know where I stand!"

This upsets me, does he not know what it's like to lose your soulmate??? How can I just shut off these feelings? I cannot, that is the bottom line! He gives me a longing look, but it angers me even more! "What do you want from me Caleb? Do you expect me to forget Vivaan ever existed???"
"What?" He gasps in surprise, no even he wouldn't expect that, "No, Trixie I love you! You know that! But I can't...I won't play second fiddle to a ghost!"

My rage overcomes me and I snap, "Well you needn't worry because he isn't even that! He won't come out! He knows I betrayed him, I let you touch me! I let you creep into my heart and steal a little piece and now he is punishing me for it!" Poor Caleb is in shock and doesn't know what to say. "So kindly leave me be to THINK!!!"

 I left Caleb downstairs, quite aghast at my outburst. It was uncalled for I know that! I heard him creeping into his room earlier as I cradled my Vivaana in my arms! I have hurt him, something I vowed I would try so hard not to do!

 I look into Vivaana's eyes, I see so much of Vivaan in her! And I see her adoration for Caleb, the only father figure she has ever known, it is true they have grown close and I am screwing everything up!

 Lilith appears and convinces me to try and patch things up with Caleb. If it wasn't for her and her beady eye, there would be no patching up required!!!

 When I enter his room, Caleb is asleep. I creep round to the other side and lay on top of the covers awaiting him. I must have fallen asleep myself as Caleb's tiny chuckle stirs me. We exchange bashful smiles and head downstairs for something to eat.

 I didn't need to apologise, not verbally anyway, Caleb is very forgiving when it comes to me and Vivaana! He understands that I am grieving, but it is hard for him to wait on the sidelines while I get myself together. "Trixie..." He mumbles.
"Hmmm?" I am reading a toddler book I think Vivaana might like when she ages.
"Can we talk?"

 I close my book immediately and give him my full attention. "Yes Caleb!"
"Trixie you know how I feel about you..."
"Yes..."
"I just want you to know that I will wait, however long it takes, I will wait for you!" Our eyes are locked, it's quite pleasant and calming gazing into his grey eyes. "But if you never feel like we could be...more...then I understand! Being your friend is better than never knowing you at all!" His voice soothes me, and breaks my heart at the same time. I wish I could give him what he wants, all I can do is nudge him playfully and wink.

 He yawns and stretches his arm over me, resting his hand on my shoulder, he lets out an impish chuckle as his touch gives me little goosebumps. "Trixie..." The way he says my name is heavenly!

 I turn to look into his eyes again, I see the beauty I saw the day he introduced himself! I must remind myself that I initiated the flirting that commenced, I was the one who made the first move...and I was the one who rode off into the sunset with his best friend instead!

 Things must be getting a bit too depressing for his taste as he mercilessly tickles me! "I love to hear you laugh Trixie! It warms my cold, motionless heart!"

 "I meant it, when I said I love you! And that won't change even if you don't feel the same, I will take care of you and little Vivvy! That is my promise to you! That is my promise to her father!"

 For the first time I feel at home in his embrace. The scent of him pleases me, as does the warmth of his arms. I have made the right choice, living here. But I still think of Vlad and his ever tireless search for me and Vivaan's child! "Caleb, Vladislaus Straud..."

 He looks me in the eyes and smiles, "Hey, do you honestly think that I will ever let that relic near you or Vivvy?"
"No!" I shake my head confidently.
"Then let me worry about him! Just you concentrate on raising Vivvy!"

 Despite having a pleasant evening with Caleb, I can't resist a visit to Vivaan's grave. And to my surprise he is here, blue but here! We kiss but it feels different...

"Vivaan, why did you not come to me sooner?"
"My darling Trixie, I think it's time that we parted ways don't you?"
"But...we have a daughter! Her name is Vivaana, after her father!" Vivaan smiles sadly, and he turns pink.

 "Trixie, I love you, I really do but for the sake of our daughter you have to move on!"
"I don't want to lose you Vivaan, not again!"
"Trixie I told you before, I am dead and that is not going to change! We must accept this!" I don't want to, but as he smiles at me I realise that it is the only way to give Vivaana a real chance. "Caleb will make a wonderful father..."

 "Vivaan, I miss you!" He laughs softly and takes hold of my hands.
"Then let me leave you with something to remember me by!"

 One woo hoo with my beloved Vivaan in bat form is all I need to know I am ready to let him go. "Goodbye my love!" I weep as I plant a tender kiss on his cheek.
"My darling Trixie, as I said Caleb will make a wonderful father to Vivaana...but he will be an even more wonderful husband! Give him a chance!"

Caleb appears, looking rather stunned. Vivaan smiles at his old friend and says "Caleb Vatore you old dog!" A chuckle leaves his lips as Caleb's face breaks into a huge smile.
"Viv, my dear friend!"
"Take care of my girls, I give you my blessing! You and Trixie will make a great couple, it's so good to see you my friend! But promise me one thing, stop this pettiness with Master Straud and just live your life!" 
"Yes Viv, I promise you, I will!" I leave Caleb and Vivaan to say their goodbyes as the sun is not too far away.

 Vivaan leaves, back into his grave, but I know we will see him again. He will visit from time to time. Now I have to face Caleb, he seems unreadable! "Caleb?"
"Well there you have it Trixie, Vivaan approves of us, what more do you need? Unless...I just wish you would..."

 I do not let him finish, I plant a kiss on his sweet lips, I have no time for beating around the bush while my skin sizzles in the morning sunrise!

"Is that good enough for now?" Caleb's eyes grow moist and a tear runs down his cheek.
"Our first kiss!"
"Yes Caleb, the first of many more I hope!"

 I spend the night in his room, and the next, and the next!

 I will always love my darling Vivaan, but as he said he is dead and Caleb is alive...of sorts! He makes me laugh, always watching me sleep, eat, yawn...he's just always gazing at me!

 This morning I am feeling mixed emotions, I am pregnant! It's not that I don't want another child, or that I don't want to have Caleb's child, it's just too soon!

 I break the news to Caleb, he thinks I'm joking at first...

 ...but then the reality sinks in and he is as shocked as I am. Happily shocked I hope! "Really? But we aren't even married!"
"Does that matter?" He shakes his head cautiously, obviously it does.

 We discuss how to go forward from here, how we are going to tell his sister. He has calmed down a little, I think he is excited nervous rather than terrified nervous, I see the way he is with Vivaana who he affectionately calls 'Vivvy'!

 "Caleb? Tell me the truth, do you really want this baby?" He grins like a goof and nods.
"Yes Trixie, I do! I was a little shocked at how suddenly you fell pregnant, but I do want this baby with you, very much!"

 He looks me in the eyes and mumbles, "In fact..."

 He gets down on one knee and produces a ring!!! "Trixie Smallwood, will you marry me?" Oh my God! No, no no no!

 "Caleb I..." My face says it all, he is devastated! Crestfallen he nods sadly.
"Of course you won't..."

 " I can never get anything right when it comes to you! I don't know how to approach you, I don't know what the right thing to say is and it's just too much!" Panic rises inside of me, please don't break up with me Caleb, please!

 "Surely the next move would be to marry before the baby is born, but no! I'm wrong again!" I feel I have to explain myself.
"Caleb I am just a little overwhelmed with everything..."
"And you think I'm not???" He interrupts me, oh I may have pushed him too far this time!

 "I think we need a little time to process things, I must attend to Vivaana!" He's scowling at me, that can't be good! I know I'm being ridiculous, I know that marrying him is the next step and yet I clammed up when that ring sparkled in my face!!!

 Vivaana is now a toddler and causing mayhem wherever she goes! I still love her though, my little clone! She resembles me in every way, I had hoped for her father's red hair but she is healthy and happy...that satisfies me!

 Vivvy is an inquisitive child and often gets into things around the house that she shouldn't. She loves Caleb, even calls him daddy! The first time she did, he looked at me in terror, was I going to go mad? Of course not, he is the only father she knows! It makes sense!

 I've decided to stay in my old room for a while, let Caleb cool down. But after leaving one angry man I am faced with an angry little lady who doesn't want to be carried!

As Vivaana grunts and groans in my arms I want to just lay her down on the floor and hide under the covers! I am truly awful, I torture poor Caleb all the time and I can't help doing it!

I just went for a lie down, it's been no more than five minutes and Vivvy has gone walkabouts! I find her in the bathroom with Caleb, splashing her little hands down the toilet, Caleb's expression is priceless as he asks her calmly not to do that!


 She simply glares at him...

 ...and continues to splash in the toilet!


 A few days have passed and I am still sleeping in my own room. I feed Vivaana, she seems pleased with my offering and munches it down greedily.


 Caleb is missing me, Lilith told me as much and as I enter the living room I am greeted with a warm hug. Yes she was right, he is lost without me!


 He looks at me as if seeing me for the first time, and Lilith makes herself scarce. She gives me a knowing smile as she heads upstairs.


 For she knows that her rather nervous and frightened brother is about to propose to me again! And he has no idea if he will be successful this time round!


 "Trixie, I will ask you one more time! Mother of my unborn child, love of my life, will you be my wife?" Did he know that he rhymed? How can I honestly say no? These couple of days apart have been torture for me too, so there really is only one answer I can give!


 "Yes Caleb!" He is grinning up at me as I admire this beautiful ring.
"It was my mother's, before I was turned, I have waited to give it to a woman worthy of it! And now I have found her!"


We celebrate our engagement together, he holds me in his arms still smiling at me. I have made him happy for once, rather than hurting his feelings, I have pleased him!


 "Now Trixie, are you sure this is what you really want?" I look deeply into his eyes and reply,
"Yes Caleb, it is what I really want!"


Caleb frowns at me as a little voice cries from the kitchen! "Vivvy???"

Vivaana is in her highchair and she wants out! Caleb comes to her rescue and she babbles 'dada' over and over again!


Today he decides to teach her how to talk, she seems to take it better from him, she really is very fond of her step-father!


"DADA!" She exclaims proudly, as Caleb's cheeks glow pink with pride!


Yes I think he has both Smallwood girls wrapped around his little finger! My husbad-to-be, my baby daddy as they call them these days! When I look at Caleb now, I am brimming with love for him!


As we are planning our wedding, Heidi ages into an adult! She and Buzz have been getting along very well lately, no repeat of Betty thank goodness!


Our wedding is a little overwhelming, some guests arrive and Caleb whispers to me "Shall we get out of here?"
"Oh God yes!" I reply in agreement!


We decide to elope in a nightclub! We don't care that everyone is watching us! We also don't care that there is a house full of guests waiting for us either! Caleb is afraid that Vladislaus will come and find me!


Caleb and I are now husband and wife!


We bump into a charming young man by the name of Joaquin Le Chien! I get chatting to him and discover he is single and very much ready to mingle as they say. Lilith has been mumbling lately that she feels in the way. She is lonely, and Joaquin is just what she needs, time to play matchmaker!


We return home with a lot of explaining to do, Vivvy is waiting for us in her formal dress grinning from ear to ear!


Buzz is very patient with my inquisitive toddler, she is constantly poking and prodding him out of curiosity. Being a labrador he takes it all in his stride.


Although sometimes she is too much to deal with...


...like today, she has exhausted the poor boy!


I want to make sure that my dogs are in perfect health, so I visit the vet clinic to have them both looked at! There is a rather poorly wee dog foaming green stuff, I do hope they can help the unfortunate pup!


And so I wait anxiously, I know they are both fine, but after losing Vivaan I am scared of losing any more of my family...human, vampire or otherwise!


Heidi is perfectly healthy, but just as a precaution I pay for an injection to keep her that way! You can never be too careful, especially with all these sick animals hanging around here!

It's now time for Buzz to be checked! And he's fine!


Another injection for him, and we are on our way home! But not before the vet informs me that Heidi is pregnant!!!


I return home to my grumpy toddler! She is not tired, or so she says!


I have other things to attend to, I invited Joaquin over to meet Lilith and so far they are getting along rather nicely. 


They are discussing music at the moment, one of Joaquin's favourite subjects. I feel rather tired, I am in my third trimester and as big as a whale so I go for a lie down, leaving the lovebirds to it!


It won't be too long now, I will be holding my second child in my arms, Caleb's child! Oh how I love him! I never thought I would ever love someone as much as I loved my dearest Vivaan, but times have changed!


Joaquin and Lilith are seeing a lot of one another lately! I think I've succeeded in the matchmaking department. My sister-in-law is in love!


Not so long after their first date, Lilith moves in with Joaquin and they are expecting a baby...they elope at home and Caleb and I are over the moon for Lilith!


And Heidi gives birth to her puppy, Doodle Smallwood! Vivvy keeps chasing the poor thing all over the house and Heidi is always growling in defence of her pup!


I'm still waiting for this baby to arrive, I'm as big as a house! Vivvy thinks it's funny and she giggles and points at my large belly! Caleb just can't wait to meet his baby!


Unless you are Caleb, you've got no chance with teaching Vivaana! She really is a daddy's girl! I try and teach her shapes on the flash cards but she is having none of it!


"NO!" Is all I can get out of her!
"Come on Vivvy! For mummy?"
"No! Where dada?" Ah yes, dada, the only man in Vivvy's life worth knowing!


I complain to the object of my daughter's affection to his absolute glee! "I can't help it if she loves me Trixie! Would you rather she hated her evil step-father?"
"No Caleb, I just wish she would do as she was told!" I grumble, but Caleb doesn't mind, he rubs my back and reassures me.
"Vivvy might hate me when she's a teenager and then you can swoop in and be good cop to my bad...promise!" He winks, oh Caleb my darling boy you are adorable.


And I think to myself what a wonderful father to his own child he will be, as he fondles my belly lovingly, not long to go now! I could do with you coming out about now little baby!


I notice that Caleb has a pet spider in the kitchen, how wonderful! I try not to look at it, or maybe I should and it might bring on my labour!


Vivvy is running around the garden with a dirty nappy! I can't catch her in my condition, and besides...

...I'm too busy cleaning up the mess she's left next to Vivaan's gravestone! I didn't get out in time to discipline her and she's no doubt giving her big purple eyes the flutter at dada Caleb as we speak!

I sit by Vivaan's grave and tell him all about his cheeky little tearaway of a daughter. He would laugh and tell me she was a chip off the old block, me! I can be cheeky when I want to be! And I can be stubborn, yes he would say she is just like me and he wouldn't be far wrong!


Still waiting for this baby!


And just as I am giggling at my lack of reflection, which never gets old, I feel a slight twinge and I hope and pray it's the baby coming out to say hello!


And as I suspected, the contractions start, my waters break...


...and I am in labour!


I have another daughter, Abigail! A little sister for Vivvy! But I now know why I was in such discomfort all through the latter stages of my pregnancy...


...Abigail was not alone in there, her sister Esme was keeping her company!


Yes Caleb and I are the proud parents of twin girls! And although I am ecstatic, I worry how we are going to handle a house full of little girls and puppies!

To Be Continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)