Tuesday 3 October 2017

Love Drunk The Wedding Series: Chapter One

The Wedding of Ashton James Maloney & Erin Jane Daley

Welcome to the first of four weddings.
After being jilted many years ago at the altar, Ashton Maloney never quite got over it and it took him a long time to trust again. Erin is over the moon and can't wait to marry him, but he's having doubts, not about Erin and wanting to marry her...just whether or not she'll show up! Can younger brother Dexter convince Ash that this time it's going to work out?


"I can't believe I'm mother of the groom, after all this time I never thought it would happen!" Avril Maloney beamed as her son blushed.
"Mum, please! Not in front of Erin!" Ashton Maloney chided his mother as his fiancee giggled next to him.


"Oh you hush now, Erin I can't wait for you to be my daughter! And no I didn't make a mistake, I did mean daughter! Now if Dexter and Lainie would just..."
"MUM!" Ash grunted and gave her a stern look.


"Ash, don't speak to your mother like that, jeez!" Erin shook her head in mock disapproval. "You're right Mrs Maloney, they really do need to get a move on before Keira has company!"
"What is with all this Mrs Maloney malarkey???" Avril pressed a hand to her chest feigning shock, "I am Avril or mum, understand?"


Erin saluted her and smiled, "Yes ma'am!"
"You two are nuts!" Ash shook his head and laughed softly, "My best girls!" he grinned goofily as his mother and future wife both gasped and exclaimed,
"Awwwwwww!" as Ash blushed once again and muttered into his coffee cup.


"How long?" Dexter Maloney sighed as he held Lainie Robertson in his arms.
"A couple of hours you know the drill, I won't be long. Are you okay with this?"
"Sure, just hurry back! Oh what am I saying? This is a bunch of women in a bridal shop, you'll be ages!" Lainie chuckled and wriggled in Dexter's firm but loving grip.


"Baby, when can we set a date?" Lainie heaved a sigh of slight annoyance and replied as politely as she could.
"When your brother and Erin are on their honeymoon! Dexy this is their time, let's not muscle in, give them this!" Dex knew she was right, but he was so desperate to marry Lainie that he wanted to at least set a date, perhaps not start preparing just yet...but a date would be nice!


A little voice from the other room sobbed "Daaaaaddeeeee!" Keira had just woken up from her nap after the journey over to Avril's.
"I'm going!" Dexter huffed and lifted Lainie up as he stood, propping her gently on her feet as she refused to let go of him. "Freckles I kinda need to see to our daughter here!" he laughed as Lainie squeezed him with her tiny arms and wouldn't let go.
"I know, I just like being so close to you!" she mumbled, sniffing his unmistakable scent as she continued to smother him.


"As much as I love to feel you close to me too, I really need to check on Kee Bee!" Dexter smiled softly at his fiancee as she pouted.
"Okay, but hurry back Dexy! I won't see you all afternoon!"
"I thought you said it would only be a couple of hours?" Dexter raised an inquisitive eyebrow at her.
"You win, this is going to be a long process!" Dexter kissed her lightly on the tip of the nose and chuckled.
"I knew it!"


"Oh and Dexy? Will you ask your mum again about that double bed? Because if you don't you're sleeping on the floor!" Dexter frowned at her and squeezed her waist gently,
"I promise I will persuade her. You don't expect her to touch my room do you? This here is like a museum!" Lainie shook her head in amusement,
"A museum it may be, but I want to snuggle next to you tonight in a nice big bed, I shudder to think what you've been up to in that single one. Teenage Dexy doesn't bear thinking about!"
"Teenage Dexy was having kinky dreams about a little blonde from Riverview who was one day gonna make all of his dreams come true!" he winked and leaned in for a kiss as Lainie squealed with delight and welcomed his lips.
"You're so bad Dexy!" she sighed happily.
"Yeah you know it!" he squeezed her again playfully as she giggled and rubbed her nose against his.


Finally managing to escape her, Dexter headed to Keira's room as his brother's voice echoed from the kitchen downstairs where his mother was discussing wedding plans with him and Erin. That was going to be him and Lainie soon and he couldn't wait! He and Lainie had travelled across town to stay at his old family home for his brother's wedding. Ash wanted to marry in the same church as their parents, it was going to be a very quiet affair with close friends and family only. Since their second album was released the whole band found it difficult to lead normal lives, they were being recognised and ambushed everywhere. Despite being the best man, Dexter wanted to have as little to do with this wedding as possible. And apart from be responsible for the rings, he stayed out of it and let his mother, brother and Erin get on with it.


Keira stood in her cot with a trembling lower lip, "Dadee I scared!" she whimpered and gripped the bars for dear life.
"I'm here Kee Bee, daddy's here okay?" he scooped her up into his arms as her little fingers pressed hard into his shoulder.


"Dadee, bad dream!" Keira mumbled and nuzzled his neck.
"Aww baby, dreams can't hurt you! I'm always here to protect you, don't you forget that okay?" Dexter smiled down at his 15 month old daughter as she sniffled and blinked at him.


"You and mummy, left me! Noise, monsters...no mummy no daddy, scared!" Keira sobbed as Dexter soothed her.
"Just a dream honey, me and mummy would never leave our best girl anywhere, not ever!" Keira's face brightened and she wiped her face with her tiny hands and nodded in agreement.


"Dadee?"
"Yes Kee Bee!" Keira leaned in to whisper something in his ear.
"I can't wait to be Auntie Erin's flowery girl!"
"And what a pretty little flower girl you shall be!" Dexter carried her over to the chest of drawers and pulled out a little top and leggings.


"Now, let's get you dressed and we can go see what kind of cookies Granny Avril has made us, sound good?" Keira giggled and squeezed her little arms around her father's neck and replied,
"Sound good!"


As Avril Maloney sat outside her home on a warm summer day, waiting for her future daughters-in-law to appear, she felt a pang of sadness in her heart. Her first born son was getting married, finally, and her second born son wasn't too far behind him. She should have been feeling so happy, and she was...she was just sad that her husband Jim wasn't there to see what wonderful young men their boys had become, and to see the beautiful young women that had stolen their hearts. Not to mention their adorable granddaughter! 


But most of all, Avril was sad that she didn't have Jim to share this with. Last time they were both standing together in the church, waiting for a bride that never came. Remembering how heartbroken Ashton was when Melissa sent that text, telling him it was over and she couldn't go through with it! At least she could have been strong for him as long as she had Jim, but now...she was alone! And it was hard! As Erin and Lainie came bouncing out of the house, Avril gave herself a mental shake and tried to be happy for their sake. Focusing on gaining a daughter.

"Erin!" Lainie exclaimed.
"What? What's wrong?" The bride panicked as her head bridesmaid stood staring at her in silence.
"You're beautiful, absolutely beautiful!"


"Here here, you're a vision honey!" Carol Daley, Erin's mother, agreed as Avril sniffed back a tear.
"You picked the perfect dress!" she mumbled and blinked away the moisture in her eyes.
"Oh shush!" Erin waved a hand at Lainie and blushed.
"No I mean it, Ash is going to go crazy!"

"Well so is Dex when he sees you, sexy mama!" Erin smiled at Lainie, "Big sister!" she beamed as Lainie felt a lump in her throat.
"Aww Erin!"


Just as the two women were gushing over one another, Charlotte came bursting through the door and waddled inside. "I can't stop for long, Andrew is just in the coffee shop a few doors down. Honestly he just won't let me out of his sight!" she sighed and plopped herself down onto a nearby chair.


"Hi Char!" Erin giggled and gave Lainie an amused look.
"Just under two months to go eh?" Lainie added as Charlotte panted in her seat.
"My ankles are soooo swollen!" she whined as Lainie gave her a sympathetic smile.


"I remember!"
"Yes yes, I know you were pregnant with Keira but Lainie this is TWINS!" Charlotte exclaimed and huffed at her. Both Erin and Lainie laughed as Charlotte looked annoyed at both of them, then suddenly softened. "I know, I'm a drama queen! But this really stinks!" As Charlotte lamented her discomfort, Roxy arrived and stared down everyone blankly.


"I hate weddings!" she announced flatly.
"Thanks Roxy, I really need this kind of negativity right now!" Erin placed her hands on her hips and frowned at her.
"OMG you are gorgeous!" Roxy's gruff mood lifted when she caught sight of Erin in her wedding dress.


"Okay, where's mine? Let's get this over with!" Lainie guided Roxy upstairs to the changing rooms and left Charlotte with Erin.
"I'm not sure about this dress!"


"Erin, you picked it the first time we came in last month and you changed your mind! Five dresses later and you drifted back to that one, it is perfect and for the love of my sanity you are going to STICK WITH IT!!!" Erin was taken aback by Charlotte's short temper.


Charlotte immediately regretted snapping at Erin as she came to join her on the nearby sofa. "I'm sorry, but the spawn of Andrew Mitchell are using my bladder as a trampoline, where is the toilet in this place?"


"Um, up there." Erin pointed halfheartedly towards the stairs where the changing rooms were also situated.
"Thank you!" Charlotte mumbled, hoisting herself up out of the chair and waddling in the that direction.

"You got your suit sorted?"
"Yes Ashton!"
"You sure?"
"Yes Ashton, Drew and I picked them up yesterday, chill!" Dexter was finding his brother's jitters rather annoying, he was constantly asking the same questions and driving him mad. Not to mention his daughter playing up because her mother was out at the bridal boutique with the bride and other bridesmaids.


"Do you think mine is...I dunno, is it too much? The tails?"
"No Ashton, it's fine now please let me focus on Kee Bee right now, she's playing an awesome tune, yes baby it's amazing!" Keira giggled and continued to batter her xylophone and sing her heart out, albeit out of tune. Dexter was hoping that she wouldn't be tone deaf when she grew up but it wasn't looking good on that front.

"I think it's too much!" Ash mumbled and fidgeted in his seat as Dexter let out a frustrated sigh.
"Ashton if you wanna change it..."
"No, no you're probably right. It's...fine!" Dexter bit his lip to stop himself from screaming in frustration as Ash continued to shuffle in his eye line. He couldn't wait for the girls to get home!


Back home and exhausted, Charlotte stood in the nursery and rubbed her bump. "Can't wait to meet you little ones!" she smiled to herself as the twins both kicked.
"Hey, I told you to go and lie down!" Drew muttered and took her by the arm, guiding her towards the door.
"Just having a look!" Charlotte replied drowsily.


Drew tried to walk her out of the nursery but she turned to face him, her brown eyes burned into his. "Are you excited Andrew?" He put a hand on her belly and smiled.


"Charlotte, I'm more excited than Dexter is when Lainie bakes him Key Lime Pie!" Charlotte giggled, that was pretty excited.
"I am too! Very excited!"


Drew led Charlotte down the stairs and towards their bedroom when she suddenly halted and gasped. "Oh Andrew, feel! They're excited too!"
"Oh wow!" Drew exclaimed as he rubbed Charlotte's bump and felt the thumping of tiny feet and hands.


He kissed her and chuckled to himself, "It's getting closer! This house will soon have double the occupants!"
"I can't wait!" Charlotte replied.


"Andrew?"
"Hmm?"
"I shall go and lie down on one condition!" Drew eyed her curiously and asked her,
"What's that then?"
"You come and lie down with me!"
"Deal!"


Drew lay beside the dozing Charlotte and smiled. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her, she was beautiful but even more radiant with his babies in her belly. She glowed, more than usual!


"That dress fitting really took it outta ya!" he sighed, "Never mind, once the twins are born it'll be our turn!"
"Mmmm!" Charlotte mumbled, "I love you in a suit Andrew, you're...so sexy!" she answered him dreamily as Drew couldn't conceal the grin that was now spread across his face.

When the girls arrived home, Ashton was still feeling uneasy. All through dinner he seemed quiet and subdued. This didn't go unnoticed by his wife to be and she was determined to find out what was bothering him. As they got ready for bed, Erin watched as Ash stared into space. "Okay my big hunky fireman, what's wrong?" she mumbled as he didn't move.

"Oh, nothin'! Listen babe I need to go see Dex for a minute I won't be long." As Ash slipped out of the chair and headed out of their room, Erin let out a small squeak of frustration.
"Ashton James Maloney it's after midnight and they only just got Keira down!"


"I won't be long!" he repeated, leaving her alone so late at night, closing the door quietly behind him.

Dexter sat in the kitchen feeling grumpy, he loved his brother with all of his heart but at that moment in time he wanted to hit him. Just when Keira had finally gone to sleep, just when Lainie was finally "in the mood", his brother knocked on his door asking to talk. "So..." Dexter began, hoping he could get back to Lainie before she fell asleep and lost that mood he had waited for so long for her to be in, "You said you needed a brotherly chat?"
"Oh, just...look bro don't be mad okay? Let's go into the other room, I don't want Erin to hear!" Uh-oh, what did that mean?


"What's up?" Ash sighed and screwed his eyes shut.
"It's stupid but..." he locked eyes with Dex and it made him panic. What was he going to say??? "...I'm so scared I get jilted again!"
"Aww come on Ashton! MAN!" Dexter cursed under his breath as his brother sipped his coffee then placed it shakily on the table.

"No no no listen to me Dex I..."
"Not this again, we discussed this the day after Lainie came back from the airport jeez!"
"Dex please, listen to me!" Dex nodded as his expression softened and he waited for his brother's explanation.


Ash cleared his throat and looked up at the ceiling, "Okay, look! These fears I had a couple of months ago? They never went away, I know you're pissed off with me and I'm sorry! But..." His hands were shaking as was his voice as he continued, "...none of us ever thought in a million years that Melissa would...do what she did...and..."
"Ashton!" Dexter shook his head and patted his brother on the shoulder.

"Erin is not Melissa, she's loved you ever since she laid eyes on you, there is no way in hell that she's gonna not turn up to her own wedding! She's so excited, Lainie was telling me how great they all got on today and how much Erin was looking forward to getting married, bro..."


"...it's all gonna be fine!" Ash smiled weakly as Dex reassured him once again, but deep in his heart that niggling feeling just would not go away!

"I feel sick!" Erin Daley muttered as she looked in the mirror.
"Wedding jitters, totally natural!" Lainie called to her.
"I don't even know why because I can't wait to marry him!" Lainie appeared with Keira in her arms and smiled.


"It's happy nerves!"
"Happy happy happy..." Keira babbled as her mother tickled her.
"Let's get your dress on little girly before your Auntie Erin changes her mind!" Lainie giggled along with her daughter.
"NOT GONNA HAPPEN!" Erin yelled, "I am marrying that man! Even if the world ends I am marrying him!"

"I can't do it!" Ash whimpered as Dex balled his fists and fought the urge to plant one of them in his brother's face.
"Ashton don't do this to me, I have these rings burning a hole in my pocket and mum is oh so very excited to see her first born take a wife so if you know what is good for you..."

"If I get in there first then..."
"What the f...Ash what are you talking about? Do you want that Valium? Because I still have it, just lemme go get..." Ash threw himself down on the chair.
"No, I...it's no use!" he whined.


"Dexter I cannot go through with that again, better to call it all off than to..."
"Live happily ever after? I swear Ashton if you do this to me, to mum, and most importantly...to Erin, I will never forgive you!!!"


Ash looked up at his brother then, a small tear forming in the corner of his eye, "I'm so scared Dex!" he whimpered.
"Ashton!!!" Dex growled, "My patience is very thin this morning due to the fact that for the first time since I went to go get her at the airport over 2 months ago, I slept without my freckles next to me. Well, when I say slept I tossed and turned and just couldn't..."
Ash interrupted him with a small laugh, "You've got it bad little bro!" he shook his head in amusement as he stood up, and Dexter grunted and checked his pocket for the umpteenth time to make sure he still had those rings.


"Well that's obvious isn't it???" he replied irritably, "If it wasn't for you and this wedding of yours she'd be my wife by now, but no you had to go and get spliced first! And you have the audacity to have second thoughts????" Dexter sighed and frowned at Ash, "Man what I wouldn't give to be in your position right now!"


Ash straightened out his suit smiling awkwardly. "Okay, we go to the church and we see what happens."
"You're getting married dear brother, that's what happens!!!" Dex retorted loudly, and checked his pockets once again.
"Thanks Dex!" Ash said softly.
"For what?"
"For always being there!"
"It's not even a question Ashton!"
"I know..." Ash trailed off, welling up once more as he patted Dex on the shoulder.


Roxy stopped by the venue with Matthew before meeting up with Erin and the rest of the bridesmaids, she had something to tell him and she wanted peace to do it. "So what's this all about honey? You want a proper wedding, is that it?"


"I...well actually...that...I'd never thought..." Roxy mumbled, that wasn't exactly why she had asked him to stop here, but now he had mentioned it she wasn't against it. After all they had only married in a registry office in Paris!


"...do you?" Roxy stammered as Matthew's eyes lit up.
"I thought about it a lot, I thought about your friends especially Lainie, how they missed it and...seeing this place well it just..."
"Matty? Let's do it!" Roxy blurted out as he grinned and took hold of her hands.


"Just a blessing of course, an excuse to get all dressed up and stuff!" he laughed softly as her eyes began to water. "Roxanne what's this all about really?" Roxy bit her lip and sucked in a breath.


"Matty I'm pregnant!"


Matthew let out a shocked sob and stared into Roxy's green eyes. "You...oh wow! Oh WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!" he cried.
"Are you happy?" she asked cautiously as he could no longer stop the tears.
"I am over the moon my darling! I could not be happier! I love you Roxanne Hayes!"
"And I love you too Matthew Hayes!"


At the insistence of her mother Carol, Erin's bridal car went round the block a few times for her to be fashionably late. And as her entourage gathered outside giggling excitedly, inside the atmosphere was quite different...


Ashton was still in a panic over the possibility of being jilted, and his brother was losing patience rapidly. "She's late Dexter!"
"As is a bride's prerogative!" Dex replied through clenched teeth.


"If she doesn't turn up I..." Dex cut his brother off with a growl.
"If she doesn't turn up I will personally track her down myself and give her a piece of my mind! She will show, trust me I have a fiancee in the bridal party and she tells me that the bride can't wait to marry her groom...that would be you Ashton in case you were unaware!" Ash sighed nervously and squeezed his eyes shut.
"She's late!" he repeated as Dexter fought the urge to kick him.


"Nervous?" Lainie asked Erin quietly as she took a few deep breaths.
"I am, but good nervous if you know what I mean?"
"Oh I do!" Lainie replied smiling, "Once I knew that Keira was going to be okay during my labour, I was exactly like you when I gave birth to her! I was so scared but at the same time excited to meet my baby!"


Roxy was taking deep breaths behind Erin too. "Would now be the right time to...tell you guys that I'm pregnant?" Erin, Lainie and Charlotte all squealed and ran to her excitedly, all three giving their congratulations until Mitch Daley, Erin's father appeared and wanted to know what all the noise was about.
"They can hear you inside!" he whispered and headed back in there.


"Well.." Charlotte mumbled, "...this is wonderful!" she beamed.
"I just want to be Mrs Ashton Maloney already!" Erin grunted impatiently.
"I'll bet Ash is thinking you've jilted him!" Charlotte nodded matter-of-fact.
"CHARLOTTE!" Lainie and Roxy both shouted as Mitch re-appeared and put a finger to his mouth to quieten them.
Well..." Charlotte mumbled again, "...you are very late!"


As the girls gave Charlotte dirty looks, Mitch turned to his daughter and smiled, "Are you ready beautiful?"
"Yes dad, I am beyond ready!" Erin replied, raising her bouquet and taking her father's arm, she stood with such determination. Yes, she was going to be Mrs Ashton Maloney and she couldn't wait!


"Breathe big brother, breathe!" Dexter soothed Ash as he paced from one foot to the other on the spot.
"She's not coming, she's not coming, she's..." Ash's rambling was stopped by the doors opening and a little figure dressed all in blue came trotting down the aisle...


...as the wedding march played in the background, Ash's little niece strutted towards him with an adorable chuckle.


Followed by Erin's three bridesmaids...


...and behind them Erin herself walking towards them arm in arm with her father.


Keira raced towards her uncle giggling all the way as he couldn't control his emotions any longer and hot tears ran down his cheeks.


As she got to the arch, Ash scooped her up and planted a kiss on her cheek, handing her over to her granny Avril.


As Ash re-joined his brother, Dex turned to him and whispered, "Told you she'd show didn't I?" Ash nodded in realisation as another tear rolled down his cheek and his bride was handed over to him by her father.


The minister began as Erin handed her bouquet to Lainie, her head bridesmaid, and took her future husband's hands. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to witness the marriage of Ashton James Maloney and Erin Jane Daley..."


As the minister went through the motions of the ceremony, Ash sniffed back tears, stifled several sobs as Erin squeezed his hands affectionately.


When the minister got to the part where anyone wishing to object should speak now, Ash took the chance to speak. "I didn't think you'd show!" he wept as Erin squeezed his hands even harder.
"Oh Ashton! There's nowhere else I'd rather be right now! Of course I was going to show, I've been waiting for this for a long, long time!"
"You look beautiful!" he sniffed as Erin blushed.


The minister cleared his throat and continued, "I believe that Ashton and Erin have prepared their own vows..." Ash went first, his eyes still welling up as he began.
"Erin Jane Daley, you are everything to me! When we first met I was in a bad place, I had trouble trusting, heck even up until you stepped under this arch I was convinced you wouldn't show! When you came into my life, I knew that I couldn't live without you, they talk about love at first sight and I always laughed and said it didn't exist! Well, I was wrong because that day when your weird friend let off that fire alarm I...well you started a fire in my heart and it's never gone out! I wanna be with you forever, I wanna grow old with you and watch our grandchildren running around...you are my heart, my soul and my world! I love you and I could not have asked for a more amazing wife! Here's to our future!"


"Ashton, when you came running into that club with your uniform on, I couldn't believe it! I'd followed you everywhere, you were a fantasy, a pipe dream and I could only imagine what it would be like to be in your heart! Then fate helped me out and gave me an excuse to talk to you, to apologise for my crazy ex-friend..."


"...and once I'd spoken to you, I never wanted to be apart from you ever again! We had our ups and downs but we're here...now! And we're forever you and me, I don't want to be anywhere else than in your arms! I have always, and will always, love you Ashton Maloney! You're my forever and ever!" The minister smiled and completed the final part of the ceremony.
"And with the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!"


Ash and Erin, now married, kissed for the first time as husband and wife as their family and friends applauded.


As Dexter's brother and his new bride turned to the congregation hand in hand, he couldn't help sneaking a wink at Lainie and whispering, "You and me next freckles!" as she blushed and looked down at her shoes.


Ash looked at his mother holding his niece in her lap, she was crying and smiling at the same time. He knew how she felt, his happy tears just wouldn't stop!


Keira wriggled in her grandmother's lap and shouted "Auntie Erin boooootiful princesssss!" as Erin coughed back a small laugh, she was so cute! She couldn't wait to have a baby of her own!


The happy newlyweds posed for some photos as their guests gathered in the reception area.



"I love you Mrs Maloney!" Ash looked up into Erin's eyes as he lifted her off the ground.
"I love you Mr Maloney!"


 After their photographs, their guests joined them for the reception as the bride and groom had their first dance.



 "Are you happy Mrs Maloney?" Ash beamed at his new wife.
"Oh yes Mr Maloney, very happy!!!" Erin blushed, she loved being called Mrs Maloney.


"Ash, I don't think I've ever been happier!" Ash smiled at Erin's statement, feeling more tears as she laughed softly, "Oh my big hunky softy fireman!" she kissed him on the lips tenderly as he sniffed and mumbled,
"I can't help it I'm so happy!"

 "Okay sweetie time for sleeps, you're way past your bedtime!" Lainie lifted Keira into her cot hoping she would go down almost instantly after the busy day she had, but it wasn't to be.
"Not sleepy mummy no!"


 "Goodnight my sweet!" Lainie kissed her tenderly as she protested.
"No mummy no!"
"Come on now Kee, we've had a good day don't spoil it honey!"
"Mummy no!"


Dexter chuckled as Keira fought her mother with what little strength she had left, "Do as you're told Kee Bee, it's been a very long day!"
"Daddy no!" she growled.
"Well that's a first!" Lainie raised her eyebrows at Dex.
"What is?"
"She's fighting you as well, usually it's no mummy and yes daddy but this time..." Dexter laughed louder and took hold of her hands.


 "So, have you thought of a date yet?" he grinned cheekily.
"Oh Dexy they've only just flown out to Hawaii an hour ago! Don't you have any patience?" still grinning mischievously he spun her around, catching her in mid air he planted a kiss on her lips as she muffled a curse against his mouth.


"Eww Mummy, daddy, ewwwwww!" Keira moaned behind them.
"We should conclude this back in my room!" Dexter ordered in a low voice.


"Freckles this dress is adorable but I'm afraid it's time for you to take it off!" Dexter whispered in Lainie's ear as he trailed kisses down her neck.

 "Dexy what if your mother hears..."
"So what? Set a date and Ill leave you alone!" Lainie muttered a few curses under her breath as Dexter pulled away from her and grinned at her with a glint in his aqua eyes.


 Lainie pushed him playfully as he laughed and grabbed her hand, leading her to the double bed he and Ash had moved in there a few days before. "Dexy I will set a date when you promise me that you won't mention it until Ash and Erin are back from Hawaii, deal?" Dexter sighed and held her close to him.


 "Deal!" he finally agreed, "So, what's the date?"
"Well I don't want a big wedding, I just want a simple affair..." she began but was interrupted.
"Agreed!"
"So how about..."


The long pause was excruciating for Dexter as she pressed her lips gently to his forehead and continued, "...six weeks time?"
"I'll take it!" he tightened his grip on her as she giggled.
"Now, there was mention of me getting helped out of this dress?" and this time she had a glint in her eyes as Dexter nodded and threw her playfully onto the bed as she shrieked with excitement.

To Be Continued...





So Ash and Erin are husband and wife, and although Dex has managed to get Lainie to set a date, their plans won't exactly go smoothly after a few announcements from other members of the gang! Roxy and Matthew are yet to tell everyone (minus the girls) about their future addition to the family, Charlotte and Drew still haven't told anyone that they intend to marry shortly after the arrival of the twins...so where does that leave Laixter? Chapter Two will explain more!


Thanks so much for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)