Sunday 17 September 2017

The Shylife Special: Beau's Awakening!

Hello and welcome to Beau's special chapter! After just becoming a young adult, Beau decides to apply for University and fly the family nest! But the home his parents have bought for him is far too big and lonely so he decides to put an ad in the coffee shop renting out the other two rooms and to have some company during his stay. Beau is still discovering the man he has become, there is a lot of confusion and a lot to learn as you will see, so read on to find out his story...


It had been a few days since Beau Von Strunkle had advertised one of the spare rooms in his house. He'd settled into University nicely and he was a week into his degree but he was rather lonely! He had hoped that there would have been some interest by now as he knew for a fact that many students were in temporary digs and looking for a room of their own. So he studied and waited, until one day...

...the waiting seemed to have paid off!

Beau answered the knock on his door with excitement. A young man stood smiling through the glass at him as he greeted him with trepidation.

???: Hi! I'm here about the room? Wait...BEAU???
BEAU: Holy...h-hi Nick! Yeah, cool, awesome! Er come in!

BEAU: So...
NICK: So...
BEAU: Coincidence huh?
NICK: Yeah, I'll say!


NICK: Why didn't you say goodbye that night?
BEAU: I...
NICK: Did I mean that little to you?
BEAU: No, you have to understand...my parents, they...


NICK: I get it Beau, I do! You haven't told them you're gay!
BEAU: I'm NOT GAY! How many times???


 BEAU: I have a few more people to see about the rooms so...



NICK: Beau, I'm sorry I...
BEAU: It's fine, really Nicky it's...all good!


Beau's potential housemate was familiar to him, Nick Flynn was the someone that Beau had been meeting with when he was a teenager. The last time they saw each other, Beau didn't mention which university he was going to, or where he lived, he just disappeared...

BEAU: Wanna play juice pong?


BEAU: Now I have to warn you, I am pretty good at this!
NICK: As am I!


BEAU: YASSSS! Down in one Nicky boy!
NICK: *sigh* Okay okay!


NICK: Now it's on my friend!


Nick eventually won the game and took great pleasure in beating Beau at something he thought he would triumph at.

NICK: Yes! I win! 
BEAU: Yes you were a worthy adversary!


NICK: So what's my prize?
BEAU: Why don't you move into one of the rooms?
NICK: Seriously???


BEAU: Yeah man, it's all yours!
NICK: Well then you got yourself a housemate!


NICK: I missed you, you know that right? I had my birthday and I went looking for you at Varg's Tavern, but they said you'd left Roaring Heights and...well my heart broke!
BEAU: Nicky...


NICK: No, let me say what I have to say! To me you weren't just a teenage crush and...


NICK: ...well I'm so glad I found you again!
BEAU: Oh Nicky, life is so complicated right now I...
NICK: I know, but I'm here, if you need to talk...I'm here for you!


BEAU: Nick I...I missed you too!



NICK: Beau, thanks! For letting me have the room and...


NICK: Gosh it's so good to see you again!







Beau and Nick had been more than friends all through their teenage years. They hung out at school like friends, but when they met at Varg's Tavern, they were more than that! So much more! The secrecy was on Beau, Nick was ready to come out and announce to the world that he was in love with him, but Beau always wanted to hide their closeness.

But now they were alone, now it was only them behind closed doors where no one could get to them! The only way Beau ever felt safe and relaxed, like in the secret room at Varg's Tavern.

NICK: I love you Beau!
BEAU: Shhh, we've waited a long time for this!


NICK: Yes we have! Too long!

Beau never said he loved Nick back, and Nick had said it enough times! All that time being close, hugs and kisses and dreams of the future. Now they were grown up, they could finally be with each other...

...but the next morning, Nick realised that nothing had really changed between them.

NICK: Morning babe!
BEAU: My name is Beau?


NICK: I see, so it's like that is it?
BEAU: I've just woken up, what are you talking about?


NICK: Did last night mean nothing to you?
BEAU: Nicky...


Nick was tired of being ignored, used and then ignored! Either Beau loved him and wanted to be with him or he didn't! And he knew that in a moment he would get his answer.


BEAU: Personal boundaries!
NICK: Wow, we sleep together and a few hours later you throw personal boundaries in my face? Did...you use me last night Beau?


BEAU: Wh-what?
NICK: Well, I suppose you're a big boy now and in order to strut around campus like the cocky Von Strunkle that you are, you had to lose the V and here I was, sad and desperate for you to love me...so you thought I was fair game! Is that it?
BEAU: No, I...like I said last night things are complicated right now...
NICK: Yeah, they sure are!


NICK: I've got class in half an hour, I'll see ya around!


To say that Beau was confused was an understatement. He didn't know what he wanted, all he knew was that he liked being with Nick and he made him feel things. He'd always been a bit of a loner when he was a teen, Nick was the only person he ever let near. He'd never given girls a try to be fair, and until he did, he'd forever be in denial!

Nick headed home after class hoping Beau would be a bit more friendly...


...but when he arrived, the sight that met him caught him by surprise.

???:Hi!


NICK: H-h-hi!
???: Well I like the room Beau it's...just right!


BEAU: Well gorgeous, it's most definitely all yours!
???: Well, how can I say no?
BEAU: You can't, and I'm hoping you won't!


BEAU: So you two lovely people get to know each other, I'm off to class!


NICK: Nick Flynn...
???: Molly Sawyer!
NICK: Well, this is going to be fun!
MOLLY: Hmmpfh!

Beau headed off to class, hoping his study cramming session would pay off!



But he needn't have worried about it as the teacher, Billy Jean Sparks, was a massive Von Strunkle fan!


BILLY JEAN: WOW!
BEAU: So I'll be getting an A this term?


BILLY JEAN: Of course Master Von Strunkle, of course!
BEAU: You are a doll Miss Sparks, a gem of a woman indeed!
BILLY JEAN: *giggle*


While Beau was making sure he passed his degree at the end of the year, his housemates were avoiding each other after a severe clash of personalities.


While Molly cooked in the kitchen, Nick hid in the bathroom!


Beau decided to study on campus as far away from the house as possible. Helen Jones sat beside him looking rather sad.


BEAU: Baby, turn that frown upside down!
HELEN: Wh...


BEAU: How about we go somewhere private and um...cheer up?
HELEN: Ummm...


HELEN: You're a bit of a man slut Beau Von Strunkle! First you charm Miss Sparks, and now you're trying to take advantage of me?
BEAU: Well...


HELEN: Good day to you!


Feeling stupid, Beau headed for home.


Calling his sister Letha and listening to her voice always helped him when he was feeling down and unsure of himself.


As he said his goodbyes, feeling better Beau heard Molly come in from her class.


BEAU: Hey there!
MOLLY: Hello!


BEAU: My you are looking prettier today than you did yesterday!
MOLLY: Umm...


Swooping in with a swift arm around the shoulder, Beau smiled at Molly and continued to attempt to sweet talk her.

BEAU: Your eyes are...enchanting!
MOLLY: Beau!

Molly wriggled from his grip and grunted.


MOLLY: Don't be a jerk with my feelings!
BEAU: I'm not I...


BEAU: Look I'll leave you in peace! I meant no harm babe, seriously!


MOLLY: No, wait!


BEAU: Yes?
MOLLY: There's a party tomorrow night, do you er...fancy going with me?
NICK: Wh-what?


BEAU: Baaaaabe!
NICK: This is not happening!


BEAU: It is a DATE!
MOLLY: Yay!
NICK: It is!



NICK: How could he???
BEAU: How about you pop upstairs and get your bed warm for me?
MOLLY: Um how about no? But I will dance with you at the party!
BEAU: Sounds good enough!


MOLLY: Okay, goodnight then!


BEAU: Goodnight gorgeous!


NICK: Well that was a great little performance!
BEAU: What are you talking about?


NICK: I honestly thought you couldn't hurt me any more than you have but whoops...


NICK: ...guess I was wrong! You have no conscience do you?
BEAU: YES I DO!


Beau attempted to control Nick into loving him again, so that there would be no more conflict...but it backfired drastically!!!


NICK: Oh Beau, didn't your father teach you anything? You can't control my mind if you've caused my heartbreak! Now take your vampire parlour tricks and get outta my sight!


The following morning, Beau wanted to apologise to Nick, but he was having none of it!

BEAU: Why don't you come with me and Molly to the party tonight?


NICK: And be your third wheel? No thanks!
BEAU: Suit yourself!


NICK: That's exactly what I am going to do from now on!
BEAU: Okay...


NICK: Starting with ignoring you!
BEAU: Wow, petty!
NICK: You just can't comprehend how much you have hurt me and that is...well that's tragic for you! Please leave me alone!

Molly had been so excited about going to the party with Beau, she had hardly slept...


...and was now asleep in class!

When they did arrive at the party, there was not one but two streakers!


NICK: What kind of party is this Molly?

Nick had changed his mind and attended the party, wanting to find someone to take his mind off of Beau!


BEAU: So you promised me a dance little girl!
MOLLY: I did!



NICK: Oh get a room!
BEAU: Great idea, shall we pretty one?



MOLLY: Nick was really upset...
BEAU: Forget him! Molly I want to be thinking about us right now!



BEAU: Molly I am crazy about you! I've wanted you ever since you walked through my door and asked for the spare room!
MOLLY: Oh Beau!!!



BEAU: Let's go back to the house, my room or yours?




MOLLY: *mumble* Mine!

Beau had spent the night with a female for the first time ever. Molly was lovely, she smelled great and she was funny and sweet, what wasn't there to like?


For a straight guy? There was nothing to dislike, but for a gay guy? Everything!


Nick was once again subjected to some uncomfortable PDA.


NICK: Do you two mind? I just ate!
BEAU: Nope we don't!
NICK: UGH!!!


MOLLY: What's up with him? He's been cranky since yesterday!
BEAU: He's just jealous I got you babe!
MOLLY: Oh!
BEAU: Don't worry baby I'll go talk to him okay?


 BEAU: What the hell is your problem???
NICK: Excuse me??? Are you actually kidding me here???
BEAU: NO! You're acting like a jerk!
NICK: I'M acting...


 NICK: You are unbelievable, you really are! Don't you get it? Didn't your parents ever teach you it's not polite to have a relationship with two different people at the same time?
BEAU: This is not...
NICK: Beau, I love you, you know this and yet you continue to screw the nearest female to prove a moot point!


 BEAU: And what point is that?
NICK: If you don't know then we have a serious problem!


NICK: You win, I give up! You and Molly can be together quite happily! As soon as this term is over I'm moving out!
BEAU: What? no!

BEAU: HEY! Don't turn your back on me Nick Flynn!!!


NICK: Oh yeah? And why not? Huh?


Beau suddenly pulled Nick close and kissed him forcefully on the lips, to both their surprise!



And despite everything he had put him through lately, Nick still wanted to be with Beau! He loved him more than he'd ever loved another living human being!


When Beau came back inside, Molly was looking rather stunned.

BEAU: Mol, have you been crying? What...
MOLLY: I saw you, out the window! I saw you kissing Nick!
BEAU: Mol I...can...explain I...


MOLLY: Save it, I'm going to class!


BEAU: Oh sh*t!


Things couldn't get any worse, Beau thought to himself. No matter what he did he was hurting someone!



And that just wasn't him! What was going on inside his head? Why was he doing this? Why was he doing it to two lovely people who's only flaw was to fall for him?


When Beau arrived home he was met by not one, but two of his victims.

MOLLY: Sit down Beau, we want to talk to you!
BEAU: I'd rather stand!
MOLLY: Fine! Nick and I have had a long talk, we realise why we didn't get along to begin with, we were both vying for your attention!


NICK: Yeah, and now we've made friends and we understand each other...we've decided that you have to choose...


NICK: ...which one of us do you actually want Beau?
BEAU: I have homework so...


Molly didn't feel that the situation was resolved in the slightest, and felt the need to confront Beau again...


...but this time alone!

MOLLY: HEY!
BEAU: I'm working!
MOLLY: I don't care, we need to talk!
BEAU: BEAT IT!


Molly left Beau to it, perhaps she would never get through to him, and just as she was thinking this he appeared behind her.

BEAU: Molly I'm sorry for being a jerk, I'm just...


MOLLY: You're frustrated?
BEAU: Well...


BEAU: Maybe I am, wanna come and help me out with that? *wink*
MOLLY: Seriously Beau you are insufferable!


MOLLY: And so cute! But we both know who you really want, and it is not me. It's the housemate with a penis!
BEAU: Molly!
MOLLY: Beau, you're not there yet, but you will be. And when you are there, you'll realise that you prefer balls to boobies!
BEAU: I...dunno...I...jeez you're amazing you know that?
MOLLY: Yes but it's nice to hear you say it!




NICK: Well Beau I guess you've finally made your choice then!


Beau took on board what Molly had said, he wasn't sure how he felt! So he had to take a little time out and not think...


...and maybe then the answer would come to him out of the blue!


Why was young adulthood so hard?


Trying not to think was harder than he thought it would be. But the one person that he was thinking more about...was Nick!


He read a book, but still Nick popped into his head!


So as he was homeward bound, a young woman approached him.

WOMAN: Oh look it's Beau the man hoe!
BEAU: Excuse me?
WOMAN: Bedded both your housemates and tried it on with Helen Jones AND Miss Sparks, UGGGHHHH!!!

Not only did he have this double dating on his conscience, he now had to live with the fact that he was the campus Lothario!


Nick avoided him, and it hurt! But what was he to expect? He'd been asked to choose and he ran!


Nick didn't expect him to choose him, but he did expect him to be a man about it! Nick was so disappointed in Beau, he wasn't the same boy he knew at school!


Molly had tried to help Beau face up to who he really was, and she knew that she was going to lose when that happened! 


As much as it hurt her heart, she could live with it! As long as she could still be friends with both Nick and Beau!


Beau sat one of his final exams, trying not to worry about what his fellow students around him were thinking!


He rushed home determined to catch Nick and set the record straight. Molly was trying hard to help him despite being hurt over his actions, and Nick just didn't want to know! Well he would have to know! Beau would make him listen!


Beau waited for Nick, there had been enough avoidance and he needed to talk things over.


When he finally came home, Beau cut to the chase.

BEAU: Nicky we need to talk!
NICK: No we don't!


NICK: You chose Molly, end of discussion!
BEAU: Nicky I haven't...
NICK I saw the two of you the other day, and it's clear that you made your choice!
MOLLY: What?


MOLLY: I am sick and tired of being your gooseberry! For the record he has not chosen me Nick! Beau, a word!


MOLLY: What is going on? I thought you were going to talk to him and get him to help you discover yourself?
BEAU: Molly I tried I...


BEAU: He doesn't wanna know, you heard him! He thinks we're an item, you and me when...
MOLLY: Beau, I will not lie to you, I would love that to be true but...


MOLLY: ...you are crazy about him, not me. We already established I don't have the right equipment to make you happy! Why can't you just admit that you love Nick?


BEAU: I've never really given girls a shot...
MOLLY: BEAU!!! There is a reason for this! 
MOLLY: You're just not into them!
BEAU: Will you, will you help me tell him?


MOLLY: Beau you've made fools of us both! I will not help you, but I won't stand in your way either. I am here if you need advice, but that is as much as my heart can take, sorry!


Beau hung around for Nick to return home that night, but it was obvious he was avoiding him. How was he supposed to work out how he felt if the person he needed to help him with it didn't want to be near him?

After his classes the next day, he took his frustrations out on the vending machine that ate his money...







If Beau had been confused before, then he was even more so now! His anger was subsiding, but it didn't help him to make any decisions!


He thought about Nick, and all the wonderful evenings they spent together at the Tavern, how he always made him feel safe and that he could be himself.

Nick had resigned himself to never winning Beau's heart. There would always be doubt in his mind, his heart, and he couldn't live like that.


Molly also wanted so badly to be the one to tame the wild Von Strunkle vampire. She knew who he really was, what he really was, and that she wasn't his type in every way that counted!


Beau had once again called home to ask Letha for advice when Nick approached him.

NICK: Molly said you wanted to see me?
BEAU: I'll call you back Leeth!


BEAU: Um no I...
NICK: I see, it seems we have been set up!
BEAU: Oh!


MOLLY: You boys play nice, I have an exam so I want to come back to happy vibes, right?
BEAU/NICK: Sure, yeah!


NICK: So...
BEAU: Nick I...
NICK: Yes Beau?


BEAU: I...um...good luck with your results next week!

Beau was screaming internally, he wanted so badly to tell Nick that he felt something but didn't understand what that was, he chickened out! And now he wanted to crawl into a dark hole and never come out!


Molly was secretly devastated that Beau was in love with Nick, even if he didn't quite realise it himself, she knew and had to make him aware of it!


But she couldn't think about that right now, her final exam loomed and she had to pass this one!


So she put all thoughts of Nick and Beau to the back of her mind and tried her best to achieve the A+ she was hoping for.


The day had finally come for results, as the three housemates studied them with complete concentration, Beau couldn't help but think about what he was going to do if he had failed...


...but he needn't have worried, all three of them had passed with flying colours!


 After congratulating one another, the trio felt a little sad that their somewhat rocky relationship was coming to an end soon.


 A week had passed since his results had come in and Beau was excited to see his parents, siblings and extended relatives on his special day!

 Despite being an odd sort of gal, Mercy was first to arrive for her big brother's graduation.

MERCY: So? I do love him despite my nonchalant demeanour!


 Beau raced to the hall to pick up his robes as he spotted Cody and Tia with his father.


It was beginning to look like a true Von Strunkle affair!

 Most of Beau's family were already there but even more continued to trickle along.


 CHASE: This outfit is not very forgiving, my tum feels way too snug!


QUINN: Whoop dee doo, a load of young adults prancing around in robes! I left my comfy chair for THIS???

 MERCY: Well done big brother, well done!


 CHASE: Am I getting chubby?
FAITH: What are you on???

 CHASE: I must brood about this for at least half an hour!


Newly graduated, a new beginning awaited Beau but what, and who, lay ahead?

THE END!

Well that's it for this special, next one is all about Faithy! Thanks for reading and being patient with me! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)