Sunday 11 January 2015

Ugly Heart: Prologue

Prologue

"You know Leo, one of these days you're going to get what you truly deserve!" Makayla shrieked as I laughed out loud. I was arrogant back then, full of my own importance! I thought I was God's gift to the world; handsome, clever, charming. I had been told at a young age that I was special, that I was gifted. I had my whole life ahead of me and what a life it was going to be. I'd met Makayla Lorde at the launch party for some new cologne ad I'd just finished shooting, and it was love at first sight...for her anyway! Like I said I was arrogant, I slept around and I treated her like she didn't matter. But she got her revenge, boy did she ever!

My name is Leo Hardy and I was a model and aspiring actor. But all of that changed the day my ex-girlfriend destroyed my career. So now I stand here in the darkness, peeking through the thick blinds in my living room watching the postman deliver my mail. I'll wait until he's around the corner before I go and collect it, I keep myself to myself these days. I haven't been out in public for over seven months, my mother keeps trying to coax me out of the house but I can't face anyone...literally!

All of the things that I did, I suppose Makayla was right, I did get what I truly deserve. My career is over, my self confidence is shot to hell, I can barely look at myself in the mirror and I hide in my house like a hermit with the curtains and blinds closed. And in here I shall remain until the end of my life, I want this hell to end...so it won't be too long now!

To Be Continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)