Saturday 1 March 2014

The Shylife Special! Miles: Simply Irresistible!

Welcome to Miles' special! In this tale the boy becomes a man and finally realises what that irresistible trait is really for!  This is Miles' story but first we need to address the mystery that is little Phoebe! Sapphira finally returned to Saul but she was not alone...


Saul Von Strunkle could hardly believe his eyes! As he held the little girl in his arms and saw his own eyes staring back at him, the reality finally hit him! He was a father! This beautiful child was his flesh and blood, and she was a little vampire like her daddy!

SAUL: Aren't you just adorable eh?
PHOEBE: Daddy?
SAUL: That's right gorgeous, that's me!

SAUL: Do you wanna play on your Auntie Luna's horse?
PHOEBE: Yup! Pweese!

Phoebe was a pretty little thing, just like her mother. She had the blonde hair of the Von Strunkle founder and her father's bright eyes, but she looked just like Sapphira! Saul could hardly believe that he had made this perfect little being with Sapphira when they were teenagers. One night in the back house...created this!

SAUL: Look Sapphy she's lovin' it!
SAPPHIRA: Saul careful, the sun!

SAUL: Aww come on how can you resist that little face?
SAPPHIRA: SAUL! The sun! You're starting to singe! Anyway we need to talk!

SAUL: Okay, sweetie mummy says it's time to come off. Daddy's feeling his skin burn so...
PHOEBE: Okies daddy!

SAUL: She's so beautiful Sapphy! Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?
SAPPHIRA: Because you would have stopped me from going!
SAUL: Damn right I would have, she's my daughter too!

SAPPHY: Despite what you think, you weren't mature enough to be a father!
SAUL: Excuse me? I took pretty good care of you didn't I?
SAPPHY: You were selfish, you wanted me all to yourself and damn the consequences!
SAUL: That is so not true!!!

SAPPHIRA: Saul, you weren't interested in what was best for me! Just what was good for you, you didn't want me to leave because you wanted me to be yours and yours alone! You can't deny it so don't even try!
SAUL: Why are we doing this in front of Phoebs?
SAPPHIRA: Her name is Phoebe Saul! Gosh I'm so angry with you right now! I've watched you since I left and I am really disappointed with what I saw!
SAUL: Sapphy...
SAPPHIRA: Don't try and make excuses! I just came here so my daughter could meet her father. She talks about you all the time, "Mummy where's daddy? Can we meet daddy?" because I never hid you from her, never! She even has your last name, she knows where she comes from! She knows she is a Von Strunkle!
SAUL: So what happens now? Don't you love me anymore Sapphy? Because I love you, I never stopped despite my behaviour, I never ever stopped!

SAPPHIRA: Well that's really up to you now isn't it? Have you sowed enough wild oats? Are you ready to settle down and be a husband and father?

SAUL: Can we at least put Phoebs down for a nap first? She's gettin' cranky!
PHOEBE: Sweepeee mummy!

Saul carried his little girl upstairs to the nursery that had served the past nine generations. Sapphira was still reluctant to give him a chance, she had indeed observed him while she was in training with her cousins and she did not like what she saw! In fact it broke her heart!

SAUL: I think we need to draw a line under everything and start again, that's if...you want to?
SAPPHIRA: Your cousin Saul! Some random girl at school and another random girl...even your great aunt wasn't safe!
SAUL Sapphy...

SAPPHIRA: You hurt me Saul!
SAUL: And you hurt me, leaving like that and with my baby in your belly?
SAPPHY: She was an absolute dream to carry and give birth to! She's the most wonderful child Saul, once you get to know her properly you'll be head over heels! I so wanted to...

SAPPHY: ...oh Saul! I've missed you! So so much!
SAUL: And I've missed you too! Those girls, they meant nothing you know that right? You're the only girl for me Sapphy! Forever and for always!

SAUL: And I already am head over heels! With you and my daughter! I never knew I could love like this until I looked into her eyes! She's amazing Sapphy, just amazing! A little miracle!
SAPPHY: She's got your eyes and your charm! And she has so wanted to see you since she was able to talk! We both wanted to see you!

LIL: Oh my gosh! How you've grown darling!
SAUL: Mum?

Saul was shocked at his mother's reaction to young Phoebe, it was as if she knew her already!

SAPPHIRA: Please don't be mad Saul?

LIL: Phoebe plops wants tickles from granny!!!
PHOEBE: YUSSSS gwanny!
SAUL: Mum you knew about this?
LIL: Yes dear, I went to visit when she was born and just before your birthday when Sapphira was planning on coming here, we had to be sure you were ready, for this little one's sake!

SAPPHY: Saul? Please say you're not mad?
SAUL: Mum? Will you watch Phoebs for a bit? Sapphy and I need to talk, in PRIVATE!!!

SAPPHIRA: So I'm guessing you have a lot of questions to...
SAUL: Sapphy I'm not mad, I acted like a brat in my teens when you left so I understand you wanted to protect our daughter!

SAPPHIRA: I was always going to come back Saul! You have to believe that, I was carrying your child, we have an everlasting bond! And Phoebe so needed her daddy, what do I know about being a vampire? When she was born I was prepared for her being either a witch like me or a vampire like you. I intended to come back just before graduation but your behaviour put me off, so I contacted you through our online game. It was great to hear your voice after all that time, I put you on speaker so Phoebe could hear you and she fell asleep with a huge smile on her face! Saul she loved you before she even met you, she's your daughter in every way!
SAUL: And I can't wait to get to know her better!

SAUL: And to catch up with you of course!
SAPPHIRA: Oh Saul, I have missed you!
SAUL: Show me how much! *wink*

SAPPHIRA: That much!
SAUL: Wow! You have missed me huh? *chuckles*

Phoebe sat in the playpen that used to occupy her father's time when he was her age. She felt like she was finally home! No way was she ever going to allow her parents to be apart ever again!

Miles Von Strunkle was going through a very difficult time in his life, being a teenager wasn't easy but what was worse was his feud with his older brother Saul! As Caleb brought a friend back from school and Miles filled him in on Sapphira's return, Caleb was over the moon! He'd loved Sapphy since he was a toddler and was devastated when she left!

MILES: So now she's back, and we're uncles!!!
QUINN: Never mind that, I'm a grandfather!

CALEB: Wow! I can't wait to meet my niece! Is she as cute as Sapphy? I'm going to play with her and read to her like Sapphy did with me when I was little!

QUINN: You still are little Caleb! Just not as little as your niece!

Quinn had taken it rather badly that his wife knew about their granddaughter and said nothing. But deep down he understood that it had to be kept from Saul until he was mature enough to deal with being a father! It still hurt that Lillith could be so secretive with him, after everything they had been through as a couple, it hurt quite a bit!

Luna was unsure of what was happening, where did Sapphira go? Where did Phoebe appear from and how was she Saul's daughter? She began to ask Phryne a few questions, questions that her future sister-in-law was not too comfortable answering!

LUNA: So...how did Saul become Phoebe's daddy?
PHRYNE: I...Luna I'm reading right now honey!
LUNA: Okay...

LUNA: ...but...I don't understand!
PHRYNE: Sapphira and Saul made her. Simple as that!

LUNA: But Phryne, how?
KYLIE: Ohhh this is funny!
PHRYNE: *mutters* Man this kid is persistent!

PHRYNE: Well...what happened was Saul gave Sapphira a seed before she left and she planted it and grew Phoebe!
LIL: Did you just tell my daughter that babies are planted and grown?
PHRYNE: I panicked!!!
LUNA: Mummy? Is that why my hair is green?

Miles was feeling confused! He was happy that Sapphira was back, he was happy to meet his gorgeous little niece...

...but the fact that Saul got everything once again despite his bad behaviour made him really quite angry! As he watched his older brother sit at the computer muttering away to himself, he remembered how he had treated Amaryllis and the other girls while Sapphira had been away! But now he was all grown up, a father and...

...applying for a job as a teacher!

Miles had purchased this old rust bucket while at the scrap yard with Phryne looking for bits and bobs she could turn into jewellery or art. He named her Betsy and was determined to fix her up! As he sat in the old car and revved the engine a little, he heard a voice calling him...

...and realising who it was, he ignored him!

SAUL: Hey Miles? Look if you need a hand with...anything...I'd be happy to help!

Miles sat in silence for as long as it took for Saul to leave, but despite the blistering sun he was still there! Finally he decided to answer him, or he'd never go away!

MILES: Nope, all fine here!

SAUL: Well if you change your mind...

MILES: I won't! Get inside before you turn to ash and mum gets upset!
SAUL: Oh...okay kiddo! Just...remember I'm here if you need me!
MILES: Right!

Revving the engine angrily, Miles couldn't help but think what a cheek his brother had trying to be his friend after everything! Need HIS help? He'd rather die!

He tried to put his troubles with Saul to the back of his mind and concentrate on Betsy, his new love! It was going to take a lot of time and effort to make her shine again like she did back in the 1920s when her original owner would have shown her off up and down town.

First thing on the agenda was fix the engine. Having read a logic book and reaching level one, Miles had the upper hand while he worked on bringing ol' Betsy back to her former glory!

It was taking longer than he'd expected but Betsy was old and she hadn't been used in a long time, she was bound to have a few teething problems!

As he continued to lavish his affections onto the old car, he was aware of a woman lurking around! She was paparazzi but she wasn't there to take his picture. Young Miles had the irresistible trait and he had noticed the girls at school paying more attention to him now he was a teen...

...and Mrs Robinson was just as keen!

Miles couldn't believe that he felt relieved when she finally started doing her job! But he didn't really feel comfortable with her lusting after him when she was old enough to be his mother!

As daylight crept up on him, Miles was pleased with the progress he was making with Betsy's engine. Now all he needed was to buff her up and give her a new coat of paint!

But that would have to wait as Saul's graduation was today and despite his feud with his big brother, he was attending for his mother's sake. She hated seeing her boys fighting!

Quinn scolded Miles for his choice of attire.

QUINN: Surely you could have made an effort!
MILES: I did make an effort, I'm here aren't I?
QUINN: Come on Phoebe, let's go see your daddy graduate!

Saul left the city hall a happy young man, newly graduated and ready to become a teacher at the school he once studied in.

As he threw his diploma up in the air, he spotted Miles looking bored. He so wanted things to be okay between them!

But Miles was still not interested in repairing their relationship.

SAUL: Thanks for coming little brother!
MILES: I did it for mum, not everything is about you Saul!

When they arrived home, Saul tried again to build the bridge between himself and young Miles.

SAUL: Want me to help you paint that car of yours?
MILES: No thanks!

SAUL: Oh go on, another pair of hands will come in...handy!
MILES: I'm fine, I have it sorted!

SAUL: You know Miles I really am trying! What more can I do?
MILES: I think you should save your breath!

Miles swiftly changed and headed back out to Betsy. Was he a little harsh on his brother? No way! Every time he closed his eyes and saw Saul cosying up to their adopted cousin, it made his blood boil! If his uncles had ever found out, they would have killed Saul!

As he began spray painting Betsy, he thought about how remorseful Saul actually was. He could see the guilt in his eyes, he could feel how much he wanted to repair their relationship. But then he could also see how his own olive branches were snapped in two by Saul when Sapphira first disappeared. How he'd tried to comfort him and be a good brother but all he got in return was resentment and disdain!

As Saul took it upon himself to help the wobbly Phoebe walk properly and with confidence, he could see his younger brother caressing that old car with adoration in the corner of his eye out the window.

It was important to him to fix what he broke when he was a bratty teen who was blind and arrogant, who didn't know when his brother was trying to be there for him! As he encouraged his daughter to walk towards him, he remembered when Miles arrived in the nursery and Saul's nose had been out of joint from that day onwards!

Phoebe walked steadily towards him as he recalled the games of peek-a-boo and the block chewing contests...

...and as she reached her daddy's arms, Saul's hurt was a little less painful when he looked into his own eyes staring back at him on that pretty little face!

SAUL: Well done Phoebs!!! Daddy is so proud of you!!!

PHOEBE: Can I has ice cream nows daddy?
SAUL: Of course you can baby, but don't tell your mama okay?
PHOEBE: Okies daddy! Wuv yooo!

Another long night saw Miles concentrating hard on that car of his. And it paid off as Betsy was now a nice cream colour and her radio was working perfectly too!

SAUL: Hey kiddo, car's looking great! You want me to teach you how to drive it?
MILES: No...
SAUL: Oh come on Miles I'm trying to say I'm sorry here!!!

MILES: For the LAST TIME Saul! I am not remotely interested in repairing our relationship! We are done understand?
SAUL: Miles I've changed just gimme a...
MILES: CHANCE? I carry your stupidity around with me like a huge burden and you expect me to just shrug it off and say "oh well Saul's changed now so all is fine and dandy"??? Heck no! You might be able to look Uncle Tristan and Uncle Wyman in the eyes and think it's okay to be a jerk as long as you change your ways, but I don't! Now get outta my FACE!!!

SAUL: Miles we're brothers whether you like it or not! I am sorry for what I did, to you and to our uncles as well as Amaryllis who is a little flirty minx by the way...
MILES: Are you done?
SAUL: NO!

MILES: I haven't got time for this!
SAUL: You will listen to me, I'm older than you!
MILES: So grown up! *snort*

SAUL: I love you Miles! You're my little brother and I love you!

SAUL: Please, let's forget the past and move on?
MILES: I have homework to do, and you're in my way! I've said all I have to say on this subject so leave me alone!!!

SAUL: If I could change things, I would!
MILES: Well you can't so live with it, I do!

As Saul was struggling to win over Miles, Sapphira invited Phryne to the beach so she could get her daily intake of salt. Plus she really wanted to get to know her, she'd never met a mermaid before, and Phryne was the prettiest mermaid she could ever imagine!

PHRYNE: Oh man, since I ate that kelp I just go all giddy at the sight of the waves lapping the sand!
SAPPHIRA: Yes it has a calming effect on me, sometimes I can hear it sing to me! Is that weird?
PHRYNE: For a human? Yeah! But you're a witch Sapphira, and a very powerful one at that! Now let's wet this little cutie's toes for the first time huh?

Since her art work was gaining popularity, Phryne was often asked to sign autographs or pose for pictures, which she did with the typical Von Strunkle enthusiasm! After all she was going to officially be Mrs Elliot Von Strunkle tomorrow!

Sapphira wanted Phoebe's first time in the sea to be a pleasant experience, as Phryne waded into the water and her tail unfurled...

...Sapphira held her daughter tenderly and lowered her tiny feet into the sea.

SAPPHIRA: Ready sweetie?
PHOEBE: Yes mummy! *giggle*

Phoebe felt the cold water hit her little chubby toes as she let out a squeal followed by a surprised giggle. The cold didn't last for long as her legs heated up and her mother gently swayed her and the water tickled.

Phoebe clapped her hands with glee as her mother laughed softly.

PHOEBE: Wish daddy was here!
SAPPHIRA: Maybe next time honey, remember daddy can't come out in the sunshine!

Phoebe's little face turned serious as she remembered her father's sun allergy.

PHOEBE: Can't daddy just put on sun cweam like Auntie Wavvy?
SAPPHIRA: No baby, daddy's a vampire! Cream won't work!
PHOEBE: *sniffle* Then can't he be a witch like you mummy?
SAPPHIRA: No sweetheart, he is what he is! And you are a vampire like your daddy you should be proud of who you are!

PHRYNE: Aww what's little Phoebe crying for huh?
PHOEBE: Daddy can't swim in the sea wiv me!
SAPPHIRA: We're just trying to understand Saul's "condition"!
PHRYNE: Ohhhh, no you mean his gift?
SAPPHIRA: His...
PHOEBE: It's a...a pwesent?
SAPPHIRA: Ummm, of course it is! *mouths to Phryne* Thank you!

Just as the sun was going down and Sapphira had fallen asleep sunbathing, Phoebe thought it would be nice to try and take home some sand for her daddy!

PHRYNE: Hey you! Little vamp! Where are you going eh?
PHOEBE: I wants some sands for daddy!

PHRYNE: Oh you do, do you? Well, let's go get some before mummy wakes up!
PHOEBE: *giggle* Luv yooo Auntie Fwyneee!

Elliot and Phryne's big day had finally arrived, and Elliot was feeling great about becoming a married man! He couldn't wait to make Phryne his wife!

Miles on the other hand, was feeling down! Now that Betsy was all finished and he had turned down Saul's offer to teach him how to drive her, he was actually regretting that decision!

His moment of quiet was short lived as the three youngest Von Strunkles appeared and began yapping away below him!

MILES: How's a guy supposed to think with all this noise???

Yes Miles was struggling with teenhood! All the girls fawning over him, Saul's tiring attempts to bury the hatchet, his kid sisters and brother babbling away through his thoughts...he just wanted to go to bed and never get up again!

But he couldn't do that, he'd promised his oldest brother he'd be there for his wedding to the beautiful Phryne Wells! Elliot was marrying his little mermaid as the sun set over Roaring Heights. 

ELLIOT: You still wanna do this?
PHRYNE: I dunno!
ELLIOT: Whaaaa...
PHRYNE: Relax beefcake I was kidding! Of course I wanna do this!

Miles watched as the happy couple exchanged rings, looking over at Saul who had a tear in his eye, he thought about making up with him...

...and then Elliot began to sniff! What was it with weddings that turned even the hottest, baddest vampires to mush?

Mr and Mrs Elliot Von Strunkle kissed and sealed their marriage! As Saul embraced Sapphira and she wiped his eyes with a tissue, Miles was starting to soften!

Miles couldn't sleep that night and found himself swimming in the early hours of the morning before school. As Caleb arrived behind him, he suddenly developed a fear of the slide!

MILES: I...I...c-can't d-do...
CALEB: Move chicken licken!

MILES: Whoaaaaa!!!

MILES: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Caleb laughed as his older brother hit the water and sank to the bottom of the pool. As Miles finally ot out, young Caleb showed him how it should be done!

CALEB: Wheeeeeee!!!

And he eventually got the hang of it!

Now a married man, Elliot took it upon himself to round up the younger kids and send them off to school!

ELLIOT: Come on, learning is essential!!!
LUNA: Your poor kids when you harvest them!

After school that day, Miles still spent all of his spare time with Betsy. He liked to keep her in the best condition he could until he was finally able to drive her.

Phryne continued to paint as Miles buffed up Betsy to look a million dollars!

As he sat in his pride and joy, he imagined what she would be like to drive. He loved the smell of the new paint as he clasped the steering wheel affectionately.

She was the love of his life! No real girl could ever compare, well none at school anyway...so who did that leave? No one! So he would stick with Betsy!

As Phryne worked hard on her new creation, Elliot headed inside for a bit of time with his brother Saul. They had always got along, unlike Saul and Miles.

When Miles was going to bed, the familiar camera clicking made his stomach turn. Until he noticed it was actually a man paparazzi this time, and he did a little dance of joy!

Elliot wasn't that impressed with Saul's work clothes!

ELLIOT: Wow, when you said you were going to be a teacher I didn't expect you to dress like Mr Jones from English!
SAUL: You can laugh!

ELLIOT: I'm not laughing I'm...well how can you actually show your face around school dressed like that???
SAUL: Whatever, I'm going to change!

ELLIOT: What do the kids think of him? Dresses like their dad but has long rock star hair and is covered in tattoos? What a contradiction!

The new butler was into beekeeping when he wasn't stealing Phoebe from the nursery!

And Elliot and Saul continued their male bonding with a high five...

...and a brotherly photo!

Phoebe was retrieved by her mother as the butler got his just desserts and the bees attacked him for kidnapping a toddler!

Sapphira carried her little girl to the nursery and planted a few kisses on her head.

As she put her to bed, she kissed her again, relieved to have her back safe and sound!

SAPPHIRA: Goodnight baby! Mummy loves you!
PHOEBE: Love you too mummy!

SAPPHIRA: Sweet dreams my darling!
PHOEBE: I will dreams of daddy in da suns!
SAPPHIRA: Aww, you do that!

Phoebe watched her mother leave the nursery and turn out the light as she sat in the dark and smiled, some day her daddy would walk in the sun...and she would be there to see it!

Miles had been informed the next morning that all the adults were going away as a honeymoon present for Phryne and Elliot. This meant that Miles was in charge of the younger ones, including Phoebe!

Getting many instructions from his parents, his brothers and his sister-in-law, Miles simply smiled and nodded. He retreated to the garden to avoid Saul as his father said goodbye.

QUINN: See you in a couple of days, don't have any parties and take care of your niece okay???
MILES: Yes dad!

As the adults finally left and  the younger kids were inside doing homework, Miles poured his love on Betsy as usual when a voice called to him...

???: Nice car!
MILES: Thanks!
???: This your house?
MILES: What?
???: I SAID...
MILES: Hold on, let me turn this thing off!

When he turned around he was met with the greenest eyes he'd ever seen, besides Sapphy's! Miles had never seen such a pretty girl before! Well not one that made his heart skip a beat like this one did! He found himself completely lost for words, which was never something Miles suffered from...ever!

MILES: Hum...huh!
???: I'm looking for Sapphy Maplehorn?
MILES: Hun...na....hoo?
???: I'm Fiona, she's my mentor!
MILES: Ha...huh!

FIONA: This is where she lives right?
MILES: Y-yeah but...
FIONA: I said I was sorry about the fire even though...look her daughter wasn't in any danger I made sure of it!
MILES: She's away with my parents and my brothers and sister-in-law right now. I'm in charge because I'm nearly a man and I'm responsible and...

FIONA: Gee that's cute, listen! I need to see Sapphira like now!
MILES: Well she won't be back for a couple of days, they just left so...
FIONA: Great!

MILES: Say, is there anything I can help you with? I mean, I am the man of the house right now so...

FIONA: That's...adorable! No sorry kid it's witch business!
MILES: Oh, okay! And I'm not a kid alright? My birthday is in like...two more days so...
FIONA: You're still a kid, kid!
MILES: An irresistible kid! *winks*

FIONA: Hehe, yeah I'll give you that one! If you were a couple of days older maybe...
MILES: Maybe what?

FIONA: Maybe you'd be able to help me but you're not so you can't! *blush*
MILES: Come back in a couple of days and say that gorgeous! I'll make you mine and you'll never be the same again!

FIONA: HA! Wow you're confident aren't ya? Well I'll maybe take you up on that! But for now I need to wait!
MILES: For Sapphy getting back? Or for me to age up? *wink*

FIONA: Both! See ya around kid!
MILES: I'm not going anywhere!

FIONA: That's good to know!

Miles watched the beautiful witch strut down the path and mount her broom with ease. As she flew off along the road, his heart began to ache! What was this feeling???

Why did she make him want to grab hold of her and kiss her?

He finally found a use for that irresistible trait he'd been trying to suppress all through his teens!

MILES: Yessss! This is gunna come in handy! Wooots!

MILES: I'm sorry Betsy, but you'll have to move over there. My heart beats for another, you'll have to share me now!

That afternoon he headed down to the basement to look at Sapphira's spell book. He wanted to know as much as he could about witchcraft if he was going to win Fiona's heart!

Studying had never been this fun...or this important, and he got stuck right in!

Caleb had brought that weird kid back home again. And Miles was eager to do his homework so he could get back to the book downstairs.

The rather unconventional butler was handing out some unwanted advice.

BUTLER: So the thing about chicks is they dig cool hair!
MILES: Oh yes?
CALEB: What are chicks?
MILES: Never you mind!
CALEB: We don't have a hen house do we?

CALEB: Cuz that would be cool!
MILES: If you be quiet I'll get you a hen house for your birthday okay?
BUTLER: Chicks dig...chicks! Little fluffy yellow things, makes their hearts go all a flutter!
MILES: I also think we should fire this guy!

The time Miles had been waiting for had finally arrived! It was time for him to become a man and woo Fiona!

As he blew out his candles, he only had one wish!

MILES: I wish Fiona was in love with me!

As he waited for his inevitable age-up, his younger siblings cheered him on!

And Miles is now a Bot Fan! Oh the possibilities! :D

Just as the adults arrived back home and Miles spotted Sapphy, he took it as a great excuse to call up Fiona and get her round to see how he had turned out...and to win her heart!!!

MILES: Oh hey there Fiona! It's Miles!
FIONA: MILES? Wow your voice sounds...deeper!
MILES: Yeah I kinda aged up? Anyway Sapphy's back if you wanna come over and see...her!

FIONA: Yes, yes I would! Thanks kid...I mean Miles!
MILES: My pleasure gorgeous!

When Miles told Sapphy that Fiona was on her way over, she didn't look too happy about it! What was this fire all about and why did Sapphy not mention her protege?

Elliot tried to get some info on Fiona but Miles was feeling a rather painful and uncomfortable sensation in his mouth.

ELLIOT: So who's this Fiona that Sapphy doesn't wanna see? Miles?
MILES: I...ouch! Hey Elliot, when you aged up, did you get this owwwwwwwwww!!!
ELLIOT: WHAT?
MILES: My teeth hurt real bad!

The reason for Miles' discomfort was soon resolved when two large fangs slipped down from his gums and he grinned with relief as the pain went away! Miles was the first Von Strunkle to grow fangs! His mother, Aunt and Uncle never had them and neither did any of his brothers get them...so why was Miles so special?

As he showed them off to everyone trying to be a big bad vamp, he heard the doorbell and his heart leapt into his mouth!

MILES: OMGOMGOMG! Fiona!!!

While the others headed for the pool to cool down, Miles sent Caleb out to greet Fiona as he had developed shyness all of a sudden!

CALEB: So you're Fiona eh?
FIONA: Yep that would be me kiddo!
CALEB: Miles is obsessed with you, you're all he talks about like...all the time!
FIONA: Is that so? Look I really need to see Sapphy, is she here?
CALEB: Miles has facial hair now!
FIONA: Right!
CALEB: He paid me five simoleons to tell you that, are you impressed?
FIONA: Extremely, now...Sapphy???

Finally Miles plucked up the courage to show Fiona his new look.

FIONA: MILES???
MILES: Hey there sexy!
FIONA: You're...HOT!
MILES: That makes two of us huh?

As he leaned in and whispered something in her ear, they both laughed and laughed! Who knows what it was, but after it...

...Miles suddenly hid in the bushes!

FIONA: Miles? What are you...

FIONA: ...doing?
MILES: I'm HUNTING! *snarl*
FIONA: Ooooh you gots fangs!

MILES: OHMIGOSH MAKE IT STOOOOP!
FIONA: It's only hail!

MILES: Right, wanna come inside?
FIONA: That would be nice!

FIONA: So where's Sapphy? I really need to see her!
MILES: I dunno, but I'm here! What more do you need?

FIONA: Dammit Miles, I NEED to SEE her!!!

MILES: Relax babe, have a kiss from ol' Miles!

Miles decided it was time to put that irresistible trait to good use, and blew Fiona a kiss!

MILES: This...is for you! Mwahhhh!
FIONA: Ohhhh!

FIONA: Miles you're so...
MILES: Yes Fiona?

FIONA: ...awesome! That was...well awesome!
MILES: Anything for you gorgeous!

Fiona seemed to have forgotten about her urgent need for Sapphy and was focused on the handsome young Miles instead!

MILES: So, you and me, the beach...Friday at midnight!

MILES: What do you say babe?
SAUL: Oh he's smooth!

MILES: You wanna see ol' Miles at the beach? Under the stars and by the clear water?
FIONA: YES!

MILES: So it's a date then???
FIONA: YES!!!

MILES: I told you, you would be mine!
FIONA: Yes you did, and I am!

MILES: So I guess I should go get Sapphy now huh?
FIONA: Mmm...who?

PHRYNE: Sapphira's on her way! Oh hi you must be Fiona!
FIONA: Yes I am Miles' Fiona *gasp* ummm...what did I...just say?
MILES: Nothing, you said hey how ya doin'!

FIONA: I can't believe you're that same little boy trying to chat me up a couple of days ago!
MILES: I was this guy trying to get out! And now I'm here!

When Sapphira finally arrived, Saul called to his brother.

SAUL: You really should try and win her heart the honest way Miles!
MILES: Shut it! What's it to you anyway?
SAUL: Not a thing, but you'll be sorry!

As Phryne and Saul were messing about, he felt a sharp pain in his mouth and a tingling much like Miles had done earlier...

...and when the pain stopped, he too had fangs like his younger brother!

SAUL: COOOOOL!!!

SAUL: Hehe, fangs!

SAPPHIRA: Fiona!
FIONA: Hey Sapphy!
SAPPHIRA: What do you want? I thought you were banished from the coven?
FIONA: I was, but it wasn't me who started the fire, you have to believe me!

SAPPHIRA: You were seen running away from it, how do you explain...
FIONA: It was Melanie okay? She was jealous of our friendship so she set fire to the elixir cupboard! I was there to see if Phoebe was in her room, and she wasn't thank god! Look you must know how much I look up to you! You're like a sister to me Sapphy!

SAPPHIRA: Why did you let her blame you?
FIONA: Come on, me fight against Melanie Granger and her rich, high preistess mother?
SAPPHIRA: I would have defended you, all you had to do was tell me the truth!
FIONA: And all you had to do was trust me, and you didn't Sapphy!
SAPPHIRA: I'm sorry!
FIONA: I know!

SAPPHIRA: Miles is very taken with you Fi!
FIONA: Yeah I know, and for some odd reason...the feeling is mutual!
SAPPHIRA: *giggle* Oh what's this? Hard hearted Fiona Graves finally giving in to the charms of a manchild???
FIONA: Shut up!
SAPPHIRA: Hey, your words not mine! Remember when you scolded me for being in love? Feels good doesn't it?
FIONA: Whatever!

Early the next morning, Miles was out in the rain checking on Betsy when young Caleb felt it was his duty to try and bring his two brothers back together.

CALEB: So Miles, why don't you and Saul make up?
MILES: Don't get involved squirt!
CALEB: But...

CALEB: Arrrgh, just got a raindrop down my shorts!
CALEB: Hehe, that'll teach you!

CALEB: Awwwww man!
MILES: Get inside and get ready for school will ya?

CALEB: Okay, but I wish you and Saul would be friends again! You miss each other, I know it!

That night, Caleb thought he would try his other brother after having no success with Miles.

SAUL: What's up kiddo?
CALEB: I'm sad!
SAUL: Why's that?

CALEB: I just...

CALEB: ...okay I wish you and Miles would be friends again!
SAUL: Caleb...
CALEB: No don't tell me I'm just a kid and I don't understand! I do understand okay?
SAUL: I wasn't going to say that!

CALEB: Oh! Then...
SAUL: I was going to say that I'd love to make up with Miles. He just doesn't wanna make up with me! So I can't really do anything about it!
CALEB: Yeah you can!

SAUL: Oh really? How?
CALEB: He's going around being all macho right now, but he's bound to take a fall soon. All you have to do is be there to catch him!

SAUL: How did you get so wise kiddo?
CALEB: I learned from my brothers!

Today was Miles' big day...

...Graduation!!!

And Caleb chose a rather odd outfit to attend!

LIL: Caleb go get changed please! You're not going as Barney to your brother's graduation!
CALEB: Please woman! Barney is purple not red! I think it's cool!

But when they arrived at city hall, Caleb realised his mother was right!

CALEB: OMG WHAT AM I WEARING???
LIL: I did tell you!

CALEB: I think I'll get changed!

Despite their distance, Saul was proud to be there for Miles.

SAUL: Let's go see Uncle Miles graduate eh Phoebs?
PHOEBE: Just like you daddy?
SAUL: Yes honey, just like me!

CALEB: Ahhh that's better!
LIL: Always listen to your mother!
CALEB: Yeah yeah!

Quinn looked on proudly as his son threww his diploma in the air like Saul did not so long ago!

QUINN: Miles?

MILES: Yes dad?
QUINN: I just wanted to say that...well I'm proud of you son!
MILES: *sniffle* Thanks dad!

Friday saw Caleb's age-up rear it's ugly...er Caleb was having a birthday *sob* my baby!!! :(

As he looked at his family cheering and shouting happily, he had only one wish...

CALEB: I wanna be handsome like my daddy!

Caleb is now Absent-minded, joy! ;)

Caleb got his wish, he certainly was as handsome as his daddy! But he was more like his mother than Quinn!

As he smiled happily at the possibilities of being a hot teen, Miles suddenly realised that it was almost midnight and he had to meet Fiona!

As he waited patiently for his true love, he thought about what Saul had said. Despite his differences with his brother, he was going to take his advice! He was going to let Fiona fall in love with him all on her own and not use his irresistible trait to gain an unfair advantage!

FIONA: Hey there kid!
MILES: Hey there yourself!

FIONA: Did you think I'd stood you up eh?
MILES: Babe!

MILES: I knew you didn't! How can you resist me?
FIONA: Well for some reason I can't, go figure!

MILES: Well, I might have had a hand it that but...

MILES: ...I just want you to love me! Can you do that?
FIONA: I don't know, maybe!
MILES: Can I...can I kiss you?
FIONA: *giggle* If you want!

FIONA: Well that was pretty good!
MILES: I...wanna show you something!

FIONA: What the...
MILES: I'm a bot fan! Can you still love me?

FIONA: Oh Miles!
MILES: Yes Fiona?

FIONA: I think I'd love you if you were the elephant man!
MILES: So you do love me???
FIONA: I think I do, yes! 

MILES: Here! Feel how much I love you!
FIONA: Oh Miles I...whoa! That much huh?
MILES: And then some!

MILES: So how do you know you love me then?
FIONA: Because I can't stop thinking about you!

MILES: You're mine, right?
FIONA: Um...yes, yes I believe I am!

MILES: Good, because I belonged to you the minute you said "nice car" and stole my heart!
FIONA: Oh Miles!
MILES: Shhh, I need more kissing practice!

MILES: So am I your first kiss?
FIONA: Yes you are!
MILES: And I think you already know that you're mine!

MILES: Fiona, I want to officially ask you...to be my girlfriend!

MILES: So will you?
FIONA: Do I really have to answer that?

MILES: You really do!
FIONA: Well I think we both know it's a yes!
MILES: Well, I was hoping!
FIONA: What happened to Mr Confident?
MILES: He isn't always around, and that's not a bad thing!

MILES: I'm gonna marry you!

FIONA: Whoa there cowboy! Let's just see how the dating part goes eh?
MILES: Yeah, but I'm still gonna marry you!
FIONA: We'll see, goodnight boyfriend!

MILES: I like that! Goodnight babe!

MILES: I think that went pretty well!

When Miles arrived home after his date, Saul was waiting up for him.

SAUL: How did it go?
MILES: It went really well!
SAUL: I'm glad, did you win her heart honestly!

Miles let out a huge sigh and turned to face his brother. Saul was expecting a fight, a yell or a growl. So he softened the mood before it could come...

SAUL: Ooooh forgot to show you! FANGS!
MILES: *explodes into laughter* What?

SAUL: I got my fangs, just after you!
MILES: You call them FANGS?

SAUL: Yeah, sharp and...awesome!
MILES: No no no dear brother!

MILES: THESE are FANGS!
SAUL: Touche!

SAUL: So are we cool now?
MILES: We are brother...we are!

Saul hugged his brother as the tears stung his eyes! He'd waited a long time for Miles to forgive him! And now it was here, it felt better than he could ever have imagined! He was now complete! Well...almost!

Miles happened to bring up a subject that was troubling him!

MILES: So...when are you and Sapphy getting married?

When Fiona arrive back at her house, she was not greeted with such affection by her housemates!

LIBBY: Where have you been? There were two scientists at the door wanting to inspect the meteor site in the back garden!
FIONA: I had a date!

LIBBY: A date? Fi, you need to forget this boy who's plaguing your thoughts and get back to more important issues!
FIONA: What's more important than love?
LIBBY: Dharma's life! Forget the boy and remember the mission!

Fiona's heart sank at Libby's words. forget the boy? That wasn't going to happen any time soon, and that was going to cause a problem!!!

To Be Continued...

So that's Miles' story! And how awesome is Fiona? She was made especially for Miles by Tru Sims! Isn't she fantastic??? And Miles adores her, but how long will their love last, who is Dharma and why is her life at risk? All that and more next time in Part 8.1 of The Shylife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)