Sunday 17 February 2013

The Shylife Special: Tristan & Wyman; Absence Makes The Heart Break Harder!

It was a difficult and frightening thing for Tristan Von Strunkle to admit he was gay. It wasn't that his family would be angry or upset, it was the fact that he was confused and unsure of his feelings. Being the first Von Strunkle to come out was a very public thing for him at his brother's graduation but he and his boyfriend Wyman settled into being a couple rather quickly. Still in the back of his mind, Tristy always had doubts! Was he doing the right thing? Should he just settle down with a girl and produce the offspring an heir was expected to? These thoughts caused Tristy to do something rather drastic, upsetting Wy in the process. This is their story...


Tristan was the baby of the family, Jared's youngest son and the one he was most protective of! Noah, being the second youngest, was very close to his little brother and copied his father's protectiveness. Noah and Tristy were the best of friends as well as brothers!

Their relationship started to drift when Tristy grew up and started to hang out with his best friend Wyman a lot more. They had been friends since they were toddlers and a special bond had formed between them that neither of them could understand.

But when Noah was having troubles with his girlfriend, Tristan felt he had to have a talk with his brother. Tristy was good at talking, he liked to help everyone and even though he was the youngest, he was the one they all went to in their time of need. So when Noah asked Tristan to go to France with him...

...he was shocked at first, he didn't want to go away and leave Wyman behind! He was torn between his brother and his boyfriend, and it was a feeling he didn't like at all! Since they drifted apart, Tristy was desperate to get back that closeness with Noah...

...so he made a choice...

...possibly the wrong one?

TRISTAN: Please Wy, don't make me choose between you and my big brother, PLEASE!!!
WYMAN: Why? Because I'll lose out? Huh? Are you really serious about me Trist? Or am I just an experiment of yours, are you just killing time with me until you meet your French chick in Paris huh???

No Wyman didn't take his decision very well. And the fact that Wyman couldn't come with him made things even worse!

TRISTAN: I do love you Wyman! There will be no chicks! Not as long as you walk this Earth! You're my one and only and I'll be back in seven days...then you and me? We're going to be forever and ever!!!
WYMAN: Don't make promises you can't keep! Safe journey Tristan, I hope it's worth it!


It was the hardest and most painful experience, watching Wyman walk away from him, but when he and Noah arrived in Paris and went on their first adventure together...

...there was bugs...

...there were keystones and hidden doors...

...big huge heavy gargoyle-like stones...

...and secret passages to be discovered all over!

Why the old lady chose Tristan to retrieve her relic in the tomb he didn't know! But when he found it, a feeling of achievement made his heart swell with pride...until Wyman's face came back into view! His heart sank and his eyes stung with tears as he grabbed the relic and sighed...

TRISTAN: Wyman!

After all of his moans and mumps and groans about Suzi, Noah finally let out a whoop and laughed!

NOAH: That was awesome sauce, can we go again? Huh? Huh?

Noah's sadness turned to joy when Suzi came out to find him! His plan to propose all fell into place and they were married on the bridges of the Seine with Tristy as best man, all he could think of was how he wanted that with Wy! How he wanted to adopt a little boy and a little girl and raise them with the boy he had loved since he was a toddler!

It was hard to watch Noah and Suzi so happy, and they had five more days to spend in France. A heartbroken Tristan with a newly married loved up couple? Yeah it was gonna be fun!!!

Tristan had taken to going for a walk every day as Noah and Suzi "made babies" indoors. Tristy even had a favourite bench in the town square. But this day was different, a boy of his age came and sat down beside him...

???: Bonjour, may I sit here?
TRISTAN: Sure!

???: Je m'appelle Pascal! Je suis desole! Do you speak French?
TRISTAN: Un peu?
PASCAL: That is good, your name please?
TRISTAN: Tristan!

PASCAL: Ah, you are not from here no? I live here most of my life! It is lonely! My English is not so nice, please have a care! I have travelled to Hidden Springs and Sunset Valley but most of my life has lived here in Paris!

TRISTAN: My family, they are a pretty big deal where I come from!
PASCAL: May I have heard of such people?
TRISTAN: The Von Strunkles? My dad is a rock star! Jared V!

PASCAL: Jared V??? I have all albums of Jared V!!! Your father is very huge here in Paris!
TRISTAN: Yeah, tell me about it!
PASCAL: You may be very pleased! He is very good!
TRISTAN: Yeah, pleased! I've just lost the love of my life and my brother is woo hooing like crazy with his new wife in our room and I'm stuck out here...oh yeah pleased!!!

PASCAL: My father, he has died a long time ago! He was drowned!
TRISTAN: I'm...sorry man!
PASCAL: He was...how do you say...fishman?
TRIISTAN: A fisherman!
PASCAL: Oui, fisherman! It was accidental! I miss him more and more! You are too lucky, music and love...tres bien!

TRISTAN: Thing is, I don't think I can go on without Wyman! I guess I should meet a girl and settle down if I can't have him! Because no one else will ever compare!
PASCAL: Ah amour! If you love someone, it is all that will matter forever! Fight for this love!
TRISTAN: Where did you get that?
PASCAL: Cheryl Cole!

PASCAL: Your friend, Wyman? He has much of your heart! He must be your true love! He will...er how you say...forgiving you? Love is all we need!
TRISTAN: Cheryl again?
PASCAL: The Beatles!

PASCAL: I must be arriving home now, it was pleasing to meet you Tristan! I wish you luck with your Wyman friend, keep holding on! Avril Lavigne!
TRISTAN: Goodbye Pascal, and thank you!
PASCAL: Au revoir mon ami!

Tristan watched Pascal walk away, like Wyman had done a few days before, only this time it wasn't a sad parting! Suddenly Tristan realised why Wyman had taken his going away so badly...PROM!!! Tristan had missed prom! Now Wyman had no date, he would have to go alone! How could Tristy be so stupid!

He couldn't take it any more, he didn't care! He barged in on his older brother and sister-in-law in mid clinch and yelled...

TRISTAN: I WANNA GO HOME NOAH!!!
NOAH: Jeez...that little...

SUZI: Go easy on him Noah!
NOAH: Easy? I'll wring his little fat neck!
TRISTAN: DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I SAID???

NOAH: YES TRISTY I HEARD WHAT YOU SAID!!!
TRISTAN: Then take me home!
NOAH: We have two days left!!! Go for a walk or...
TRISTAN: I'M SICK OF WALKING!!! I'M SICK OF YOU AND SUZI DOING IT ALL THE TIME AND YOU KNOW WHAT??? MUM AND DAD ARE GOING TO KILL YOU!!!

NOAH: Okay kid, what's eatin' you?
TRISTAN: I roam around town alone, I think about Wy, I remember I missed prom and that's why he's so angry!!! I made him go alone or worse...stay at home alone!!!
NOAH: Wyman will be cool!
TRISTAN: No Noah! He won't! I let him down to help you! And now you're all loved up and married and by the way you guys are going at it probably soon-to-be a father! And me? I'm still at the bottom looking up at what once was a happy life, with Wy in it and...

SUZI: Noah, look at him! He's in bits! Do what he wants huh? We've had a good time, do something for Tristy! He did something for you, it's payback time honey!
NOAH: Okay kiddo, let's go home!

When they arrived in Starlight Shores, Noah was reluctant to go home and face their parents! When Suzi finally managed to talk him into leaving the park at the edge of town and confront his fears, it was dark and Tristy decided to stay outside while Noah explained to Jared and Aleisha that he'd married his girlfriend in France without them present!

As Aleisha and Jared sat down, a little unsure of what their second youngest child wanted to tell them, Jared blurted out...

JARED: She's not pregnant is she???
NOAH: DAD!!!
ALEISHA: Let Noah tell us Jared!

NOAH: Well, mum? Dad? Suzi and I have been in love for a while now and...well...erm...
SUZI: Noah? Just tell them!

NOAH: Suzi came out to France and...I proposed and she accepted!
ALEISHA: That's wonderful dear! When are you getting married?
NOAH: Well that's the thing, we already did! In France! This beautiful amazing girl is my wife and I can't wait for her to give birth to my children!

SUZI: Oh Noah!

ALEISHA: Oh, so you eloped? That's...nice!
JARED: As long as you're happy son, that's all that matters I guess. But it would have been nice to...be there at our son's wedding!
ALEISHA: Yes it would, but I'll get over it I suppose! Congratulations honey!

After his mother did a lot of sobbing and wailing over missing Noah's wedding, Tristan finally plucked up the courage to phone Wyman and tell him he was back...

TRISTAN: Hi Mrs Smith! Is Wyman home? Oh, do you know when he'll be back? Okay, well tell him that Tristan called and I'm back from France, thank you, bye!

Wyman was avoiding him, he could hear it in the awkwardness of Mrs Smith's voice that she was covering for him, reluctantly! So things weren't going to be okay like everyone was telling him...

...Wyman didn't forgive him! He was still angry and hurt and probably would remain that way for a very long time!!!

Noah arranged a guys night out to cheer Tristy up, Sean suggested a stone throwing competition which Dominic felt he was above as he looked out to sea and muttered to himself.

DOMMY: I think we'd better get you home kid!
TRISTAN: Okay Dommy!
DOMMY: Tristy? Although it doesn't feel like it now, you will be happy again! 
TRISTAN: You're right Dommy...it really doesn't feel like it now!
DOMMY: Wyman loves you, always has! It means something! It will bring him back to you like it did for Lynn and me!
TRISTAN: Thanks bro, I hope you're right!

NOAH: I just wanted to say thanks for being a good brother!
TRISTAN: I was just being your brother, nothing good about it!
NOAH: You're the most special one out of all of us Tristy! Your heart is bigger than mine and Dommy's put together! And I wish you love and happiness and everything you gave back to me!

TRISTAN: All I did was hop on a plane Noah!
NOAH: You did so much more than that, and you will never know how much I owe you! I may never be able to repay you, but know this...I love you kid! I love you to the moon and back!
TRISTAN: Stop, I'm blushing!
NOAH: I mean it, you're like...so precious to me little brother! Just remember that! Now let's go home, Dommy is pacing at the sight of the sun coming up!

Days passed and Tristan still hadn't heard from Wyman, as his birthday was finally here...

...he blew out his candles and wished for Wyman to come back to him!

Tristan was now a young man, but still his heart belonged to one other young man who was having his birthday too across town...

Amarith Smith was determined to organise a nice birthday for her youngest child who was becoming a young adult. She knew Wyman was hurting over Tristan's trip to France, she felt he was overreacting and that Tristan really was a nice boy who cared for her son very much!

As Amarith and her husband Garrow waited for Wyman to come home from school that day...

...not even the sight of his cake and the numerous balloons could raise a smile!

AMARITH/GARROW: HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYMAN!!!

WYMAN: Thanks mum, dad!

Amarith was deflated, she really thought she could make him happy!

AMARITH: Come on Wyman, go and blow out your candles!

Wyman forced a smile for his parents and thought of Tristan. Sitting at home while all their friends attended prom, while Tristy was in Paris living it up with his brother! It hurt him to think that Paris was more appealing than him!

He blew out his candles and wished for a happier future, with or without Tristy!

As the full moon beckoned, his parents stood in awe of their newly aged handsome son!

Amarith decided that now he was grown up, she would give him some long needed advice!

AMARITH: You miss him!
WYMAN: I'm fine mum! He made his choice, so now I move on!

AMARITH: That's rubbish and you know it! Go to him my darling! Tell him it's okay! He was torn between you and a brother he loves dearly! Can't you give him the benefit of the doubt? Has he ever let you down before?
WYMAN: No...
AMARITH: Swallow your stupid pride and be happy! We came here to give you and your brother and sister a better life! Don't let our sacrifice go to waste...take that better life with Tristan! Be loved and worshipped...be sensible!

In a blur, Wyman spun around, kissed his mother and ran out of the door! As he got out of the cab and rang the doorbell, a sudden feeling of dread hit him...what if Tristan was angry with him for ignoring him? How could he face him??? He wasn't ready!!!

ALEISHA: WHO IS IT TRISTY???
TRISTAN: Just a prank call mum! Nobody here!

As Tristan answered the door and saw an orange haired young man jump in a taxi cab, he knew that Wyman had tried to make contact, had second thoughts and abandoned him for good...

...which prompted Tristy to flee his graduation ceremony, he graduated with the highest honour and was voted most likely to become a sports star...so his family informed him when he finally did turn up later that night. They said Wyman was asking for him, he laughed bitterly and replied "too little, too late!"

The new generation was looming and Tristy was obligated to pose with his siblings for pictures. He felt like the only one to be sad and incomplete!

Wyman was flooding his head every moment of every day! He could pretend to everyone else he was fine, but he couldn't kid himself or Noah! Which is why Noah stepped in and interfered, something he would never do, but his baby brother was hurting...

...and so Wyman appeared at the house, invited by Noah and Suzi!

WYMAN: Hello Trist!
TRISTAN: Hi!
WYMAN: We need to talk!
TRISTAN: Do we? I thought your silence did all the talking for you, I got the message loud and clear!
WYMAN: No! You didn't! Which is why we need to talk this out!

WYMAN: You weren't at graduation!
TRISTAN: No, surprised you noticed!
WYMAN: Oh I noticed alright! I hoped you'd turn up, I needed to talk to you and you weren't there, I was worried!
TRISTAN: Well as you can see, I'm fine!

WYMAN: Trist, are we going to do this? Are we going to snipe at each other? Or are we going to be adults and talk this through? You left me, it hurt and I couldn't forgive you...I was selfish!
TRISTAN: I was too!
WYMAN: No let me finish! I need to say this!!!

WYMAN: Tristan I love you! I was selfish because I didn't want to share you! I was young and I was besotted, madly in love, I wanted you to spend every waking minute with me and only me! I couldn't see your brother's needs were greater than mine! Okay you missed prom but Noah needed his brother and you delivered, that makes you an amazing person Trist, one I am so lucky to have in my life...and I want you in my life! I so do! I want to marry you! I want to be a parent with you! I don't ever want to feel the way I've been feeling for the past few days! I grew up without you and it...it sucked!!!

WYMAN: Forgive me?

TRISTAN: Marry me?
WYMAN: Marry you??? Oh come on, you had me at hi!

Tristan and Wyman had learned a valuable lesson, just because they weren't together 24/7, it didn't mean that they loved each other any less...it just meant that absence made the heart grow fonder not break harder! Whatever happened from now on, at least they had each other...and that was a forever kinda deal! And forever wasn't long enough for these adorable boys, but as long as they were together from now on...everything would be okay!

THE END!!!

HEIR POLL IS COMING IN 3...2...1...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)