Saturday 19 January 2013

The Shylife Special: Anjelica & Sean; Cold Feet, Warm Heart!

A romance that blossomed through a bitter feud, two fiery and strong people fell in love and promised to make each other eternally happy! Anjelica Von Strunkle and Sean Herman became recently engaged and in the build up to their wedding, many things transpire. Here is their story...

Anjelica Von Strunkle's dream was to be Sean Herman's wife. She longed for little baby vampires with green hair running around while Sean painted and she studied alchemy. This dream was almost upon her, except for one minor detail...

...her father's acceptance of the man she wanted to marry! Yes Jared Von Strunkle was a difficult man to please when it came to his children. Other than that he was a very easy going, kind soul who cared deeply about every member of his family!

 Today was the day that Jared had decided to sit Sean down and have a little talk. He knew his eldest child could take care of herself, but it didn't stop him feeling overprotective of her. This young man seemed good enough for his daughter, an IF like himself, but this was his little Anji!

JARED: Hello Sean, have a seat!
SEAN: *gulp* Hello s-s-sir!

As Sean sat wiping his sweaty palms down his trousers, Jared was enjoying the silence! It added to the menacing father figure he wanted to portray.

JARED: So...you wanna marry my daughter huh?
SEAN: Yes sir, since the moment I laid eyes on her!

JARED: Tell me kid, give me one good reason why I should give you my blessing?

Sean thought for a moment and then smiled...

SEAN: Because I am the day and she is the night! And together we are the stars in the night sky!
JARED: Kid?

SEAN: Yes sir?
JARED: Just make her happy okay?
SEAN: Yes sir!
JARED: And don't spout rubbish like that around her or she'll kick your butt!!! And don't take my little talk to heart, this needed to be done! Because at the end of the day, when you marry someone it's a lifelong commitment! You're going to spend the rest of your life with that person, have children with that person, have your ups and downs with that person! I just wanted to make sure you were the right guy to marry my little girl! It's important that I know this, it's important that I know Anjelica will be taken care of when I'm not around. You will be the man in her life, you will be her rock and I wanna be sure that you're not the rock she perishes on! I wanna make sure you're committed to my daughter as I am to her mother!
SEAN: I...I see!

JARED: So all I'm sayin' is you'll understand if you have a daughter! I can't help the way I feel okay? I'm supposed to hate you! It's a father's intuition to wanna kill his daughter's boyfriend...
SEAN: Er actually I'm her fiance?
JARED: You say tomato I say...
SEAN: Be good to my daughter or you die?
JARED: Pretty much!

SEAN: And if I'm not the guy for her?
JARED: Then I WILL kill you! If you hurt her, I will not let you get away with it! Mark my words kid!
SEAN: I...understand sir!
JARED: Good!

 JARED: Have a nice day kid!
SEAN: Y-yes sir!


 Sean couldn't get out of that basement fast enough. Anji's dad was quite a scary guy when it came to his kids, and knowing that any decisions he made regarding his eldest daughter were going to mean the difference between dying and staying alive at Jared's hands were enough to put the fear of plumbob into poor Sean!


 Anjelica was waiting upstairs for Sean. She looked happy to see him in one piece but also worried by the expression on his face...

ANJI: How did it go sweetie? He wasn't too hard on you was he?
SEAN: Anj, I think we should postpone the wedding...
ANJI: WHAT? WHY?
SEAN: ...just for a few days, then we can make sure it's really what we want so soon!


 ANJI: Sean, I don't need a few more days I know NOW what I want, and that's to marry YOU!
SEAN: Well I'm not as sure as you are Anj and I don't wanna hurt you by diving into a situation head first...
ANJI: Sean? Don't you love me?

Anji's little voice croaked at the word love as Sean headed for the front door...


 SEAN: I...do love you Anj, I just don't know if I'm ready to be your husband! I thought I was but your father...
ANJI: My FATHER??? What did he say?
SEAN: That it's not a decision you should take lightly, that you should really think it through and make sure it's the right thing to do...for both of us!
ANJI: Oh...I...didn't realise you had doubts, after all I've known since the day we met and fought out there in the garden that you were the man I wanted to marry...that you were the one I wanted to be the father of my babies!
SEAN: I'm sorry Anj, I just need a little time to think things through...I'll call you!


 As Sean made a hasty retreat, Anji was left stunned in the hall. How could her father do this? He knew how much she loved Sean! Why would he interfere like this???


 And how was she ever going to stop feeling this horrible feeling deep inside her? Like her heart was sinking deeper into the depths of her stomach and dying! How could she be so wrong about Sean's feelings for her?


 That night Anjelica's twin sister Lillith appeared back from "babysitting" some girl living with Vlad! She'd been visiting there every day and taking the girl, Niamh, out around Starlight Shores as a favour to her brother, a young man Lil referred to as Quinny! And when she talked about him her eyes sparkled and dimples appeared at each side of her mouth as she stared off into space with a vacant glaze over her face. She wondered what Vlad might say if he could see her swooning over the young writer he'd taken into his home. Anji normally teased her about it, but not tonight. Tonight she wanted to die...


 Lillith called out her but she didn't answer...

LIL: Anji? Anji are you okay?

A hint of worry echoed in every word Lillith spoke!

ANJI: No I'm not! I want to die!!!

Lillith sat on the edge of Anjelica's bed and sighed...

LIL: Oh Anji, what's wrong? This isn't you! Why would you say such a thing? You're acting like me you know!
ANJI: Sean doesn't want to marry me!
LIL: WHAAAT? No way!!!

ANJI: Dad scared him away with talk of commitment and marriage being the right thing to do! Oh Lil! He's gone and I feel...dead!!!
LIL: Honey it'll be okay, Sean will realise how silly he's been and in the morning he'll be round here with flowers and a declaration of love...you'll see!
ANJI: No Lil, he won't! If he loved me, there would be no doubts, no second thoughts...if there was none of that then dad would never have been able to get rid of him so easily! Why Lil? Why did he do that???

 As Jared sat down to watch some T.V. his wife came bursting through their bedroom door...

ALEISHA: JARED VON STRUNKLE WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE???
JARED: I dunno what?

Jared was extremely confused, what HAD he done?

ALEISHA: Your daughter is upstairs in tears because you interfered!!! AGAIN!!! Is it not bad enough that we're at risk of losing Lillith over your stubbornness with Vladimir? Now you break poor Anjelica's heart too???

 As Aleisha stomped over towards him and threw herself down on the couch, he still looked completely clueless...

JARED: What did I do Leesh? Why is Anjelica crying? Anjelica doesn't cry...ever!
ALEISHA: That little "talk" you had with Sean Herman?
JARED: What about it?
ALEISHA: He's only gone and postponed the wedding!

JARED: WHAT? WHY???
ALEISHA: You tell me! What the heck did you say to that boy Jared???
JARED: I...just wanted to make sure he was serious about her that's all...
ALEISHA: You scared the living daylights out of him is what you did, and you did make sure of it too! Now Anji is sobbing on her bed, won't eat or drink! Why did you have to say anything? She's a grown woman now!!!
JARED: I'll fix it, I'll go and see Sean and...I'll fix it I promise!

ALEISHA: You know Jared sometimes I could wring your thick neck you're so damn annoying!!!
JARED: I said I would fix it Leesh, now drop it!
ALEISHA: And that's you all over isn't it??? Fixing things!!! Well if you'd just leave the hell alone then maybe there wouldn't need to be any fixing!!!
JARED: What are you saying? That I mess things up?
ALEISHA: I'm saying that...sometimes I don't really like you very much, I always love you, but I don't always "like" you!!! 

Aleisha's words were like a knife through Jared's heart! But she was right, he had messed up...so unintentionally...but messed up nonetheless!

JARED: I only ever wanted my children to be happy Leesh!
ALEISHA: I know baby but you have to realise...you're not the boss of everyone! It's not your job to make them happy, they have to go out and find that for themselves! Get knocked down but pick themselves back up and carry on! Oh Jared...when are you ever going to learn???

 Jared didn't need to fix things as Sean appeared late that very evening with a change of heart, but to Anji he still seemed distant...

ANJI: Sean?
SEAN: Oh Anj!

 As he pulled her in for a hug, she smiled as she felt the horrible feeling begin to lift...

ANJI: You came back!
SEAN: Yeah, I did!


 SEAN: Listen Anj, let's just go ahead!
ANJI: Are you sure?
SEAN: Yeah, what's the fuss about huh? I love you, you love me! It's just the right thing to do!
ANJI: Oh Sean! We'll be so happy I promise!

 SEAN: I know we will, look...I'm sorry about earlier I...Angus told me what an idiot I was being and he knocked sense into me!
ANJI: I do love you Sean and I can't wait to be your wife!
SEAN: Me too listen I gotta go but I'll see you at the wedding!
Anjelica was so happy, but still that niggling feeling wouldn't go away!

 She decided to go and visit Sean the next day. He'd recently moved in with Angus. She just had to make sure he'd not changed his mind again...

...but she got a bit of a shock when a girl answered the door...

ANJI: Who are you?
CALLIE: I'm Angus' girlfriend, Callie! You must be Anjelica!
ANJI: Where's Sean?
CALLIE: He and Angus went out for a drink, they shouldn't be too long.
ANJI: Just tell him I stopped by, will you please? I need to talk to him!
CALLIE: Sure honey, I'll do that!

But he never called, all he did was send her a text...

"C u on Friday! xxxx"


 It was finally the day of her wedding, and as Anjelica admired her dress in the mirror, the thought of being Sean's wife made her cheeks glow!

Lillith appeared behind her in the mirror...

LIL: Anj you're beautiful!!!
ANJI: Do you think Sean will like my dress?
LIL: I don't think he's interested in your dress Anj, I think it's the girl inside it that he can't wait to marry!
ANJI: I love him so much Lil! All I ever wanted was him! And now...I get to be his wife!

Anjelica admired her dress one more time as Lillith smiled proudly, some day it would be her turn to marry! Or at least she thought that was what she'd wanted, but after Vlad's outburst the other night, Lillith was having doubts about everything and everyone in her life...all except her twin! Anji had always been the only thing that was constant in her life! She didn't want to tell Anji about her quarrel with Vlad, she would only say "I told you so!"


 LIL: I can't believe my sister is getting married!
ANJI: I can't wait!
LIL: Come on, let's do your hair!

 She waited well over an hour for Sean to appear. Maybe he'd lost track of time, maybe he'd forgotten when to arrive, or maybe he had decided against marrying her once again!

 Her sister tried to comfort her, but all Anji wanted was Sean!

ANJI: Where is he?
LIL: I'm sure he'll be here!
ANJI: He was supposed to be here nearly two hours ago Lil! He's not coming!

Anji sobbed her little heart out, standing at the altar, scared to even look at the guests as her father turned heel and stormed off, to where she had no idea...and she didn't really care!

ANJI: My mother loaned me the earrings she wore when she married my father, my eyes are blue, my dress is new and the veil is old! I did everything right so why...Lil? What did I do? 

 Lillith tried to talk her sister into coming inside but she felt like she was glued to the spot...

ANJI: I just...feel numb!
LIL: Oh Anj, I'm so so sorry!

 Jared had been all over Starlight Shores with his father Cody and brother Mason looking for Sean Herman. He finally found him by the beach staring out to sea...

 JARED: So this is where a coward hides!
SEAN: Mr Von Strunkle I am no coward!
JARED: Then why did you jilt my daughter at the altar?
SEAN: For her own good! Who wants an IF who has issues with his family and his own inner demons?
JARED: Anjelica!!! You know I proposed to her mother right here on this beach? Best thing I ever did in my entire life! Until my children came along...Anjelica is a bit of a wild child but she's got feelings you know, you could have at least let her down gently!

 SEAN: I tried, and then I thought maybe I could make her happy and I decided to go ahead and marry her...until my brother called to tell me my father is ill and probably won't last the year!
JARED: I...sorry kid I didn't know!
SEAN: How could you? You see my parents are like you and Mrs Von Strunkle, they're completely devoted to each other and have been since before I was born. But the trouble with love and devotion is that when one of you leaves or dies...the other is destroyed!
JARED: That is true, I saw it happen to my grandfather when my grandmother passed away, but they had so many happy times together and so many good memories to cherish...the heartache was worth it!
SEAN: No, you don't understand! Anji is a vampire and I'm an IF! It can never work!

 Suddenly Sean ran off towards the beach hut, leaving Jared stunned. But he soon gained his composure and chased after him...

 JARED: Okay kid! First of all, what the heck do you mean I don't understand??? I am an IF...Aleisha was a vampire! Second, will you just quit this parade of self pity??? So your dad is ill, be there for him and love him! Be the support your mother needs in this difficult time and suck it up! I've had some hard times myself and I'm still here! I bear the scars, emotional and physical, but I'm still here! Aleisha and I are still together, there are potions and there are genies! Anji doesn't have to be a vampire forever, you don't have to be worried about that!
SEAN: Mr Von Strunkle, I'm not good enough for her!

 JARED: I'm sorry, what? Bulls**t!!! You're everything to her! All she ever talks about is "Sean this and Sean that" she worships you and this is how you treat her? Leaving her standing there in front of her family and friends humiliated, broken and devastated??? You have a chance to make this right or you can just walk away, it's up to you. But I promise you this, if you do walk away then you're right...you're not good enough for her! You don't deserve her!

 JARED: But I know you are and you do, so are you coming already? I have a daughter to give away and you have a beautiful vampire to marry!

LIL: Anj, honey will you just come inside already? It's getting chilly and you'll catch your death! It's not worth your health standing out here waiting for...
ANJI: SEAN???

 SEAN: Anj! I...
JARED: Anji honey, Sean has a few things he needs to tell you!

 SEAN: Anj, I'm so sorry! I'm a jerk, I got overwhelmed by things and I just freaked out!
ANJI: Yes you did!
SEAN: You look beautiful by the way!
ANJI: Sean? Why? Why did you do it?
SEAN: Because I was scared, Anj my dad is really sick! My mother is distraught! I didn't want that to happen to you when I die...because I'll die way before you!
ANJI: Not necessarily! There are ways and means!
SEAN: Can we just get married now? Please?

 ANJI: You hurt me Sean! You really hurt me!
SEAN: I know...but it will never happen again I swear! I know what I want now and it's you! It's always been you!
ANJI: And what if I'm having doubts now?
SEAN: Are you?

JARED: Anji, give the kid a break!
ANJI: No I'm not!
SEAN: Then Anjelica will you marry me?
ANJI: I will!

 JARED: That's my girl!

 As Sean and Anjelica finally tied the knot, her mother cried and her father's chest swelled with pride as their baby daughter said her vows...

 Even Lillith shed a tear, and the whole ceremony made her think of one person, even if it was sub-consciously...

LIL: Quinny, oh Quinny!

O.O

 Tia was pleased for her granddaughter, and the thought of a possible playmate for her unborn baby gave her a mix of happiness and bewilderment!

 Dominic, the big romantic he was, couldn't wait until it was his turn to marry Lynn! He was jealous of his sister, but he knew Lynn would be his wife soon!

 Aleisha was proud of three people that day. Her daughter for becoming a wife, her son-in-law for finally seeing sense and her husband for helping him get there!

ALEISHA: You did good baby!
JARED: I know!

 Anjelica couldn't thank her father enough for bringing her Seany back to her!

ANJI: I love you daddy!
JARED: Ditto baby girl!
ANJI: I'll never forget what you did, not ever! You're my hero!

 JARED: He just needed a little nudge, and his dad being ill didn't help! He's going to need you honey, more than ever!
ANJI: And he'll have me, more than ever!

 Jared and Aleisha had paid for a weekend honeymoon in Sunlit Tides for the newlyweds...

ANJI: Oh Seany! Come and see this room it's...wonderful!

SEAN: Anj?
ANJI: Yes Seany?
SEAN: I feel stupid, and that feeling just won't go away!
ANJI: It will in a minute, we're officially on our honeymoon dear husband, and there is something I've wanted to do for such a long time! 

 SEAN: You're amazing you know that?
ANJI: How so husband?
SEAN: Husband! I like that! Because not everyone would have married me after my...behaviour!
ANJI: You came back to me, that's all that matters!

 As Anji and Sean playfully teased each other, he suddenly felt the urge to become serious again...

SEAN: Stop!
ANJI: What?

 SEAN: I am deeply sorry! I don't know what I'm gunna do about my dad! But to hurt you like that, you didn't deserve it! You don't deserve to be treated like that! And you never will be again! I promise! I love you Anjelica Von Strunkle!
ANJI: And I you, Sean Von Strunkle! Now hurry up and officially make me your wife already?
SEAN: Yes ma'am!

 ANJI: Ready?
SEAN: Like yesterday!

 SEAN: You are so beautiful!
ANJI: At this rate we'll woo hoo in two life stages time!
SEAN: Shut up and come here!

 Sean and Anji's wedding night was exactly how they'd imagined it! First woo hoo, holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes! To think that it almost never happened! Sean's cold feet got the better of him for a while but his warm heart won the battle and brought him back to her!

 Sean's fears over his father and mother were still there, but at the back of his mind. Anji made the pain a little easier! Knowing she'd be by his side too made him feel like he wasn't alone, and that made him more confident that he could give his mother the support she needed too!

Anji was just so happy to finally have her Sean! It had been a bumpy ride and her heart had taken some battering along the way. But she was here, with her new husband, and soon she hoped to be a mother! At last...her dream was becoming reality!

THE END!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww that was a bumpy ride indeed... great update LJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm exhausted after that rmotional rollercoaster!! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)