Wednesday 31 October 2012

The Shylife Halloween Special: The Meaning Of Being Lonely!

Here it is, the Halloween Special! It's a night to remember for the kids! Lillith may be the only child to not have a romantic interest at the moment, but she's about to learn that she is richer than she ever could imagine...



SUSAN: Ugh! I hate it here mum, why did we have to leave Lucky Palms???
LIZA: Quit complaining Suzi, we're here to stay so get used to it!
SUSAN: I miss my friends, I miss Colin! And I hate you!
LIZA: Suck it up kiddo, this is our life now!


Susan Rue had just moved to Starlight Shores with her mother Liza. A job promotion had uprooted them from Lucky Palms, and Suzi had left her friends and her boyfriend behind! It was Halloween, she'd just come home from her first day of school and she was miserable! She'd made a couple of friends, twin sisters in fact, vampires too! Anjelica and Lillith Von Strunkle! They'd invited her to a party that night at their house, apparently their family was quite a big deal in Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs and here in Starlight Shores. A very big family both physically and influentially!

As she watched her mother gaze up at their new home, she decided she would go! Only thing was...she didn't know what to dress up as!


It was gearing up to be a cold and eerie Halloween night in Starlight Shores. Noah was about to age into a teen, and he was rather excited about it!


Noah, now shy! Cute or what?


All the kids were dressed up and ready to go out trick or treating. Anjelica had organised a party for some friends and loved ones, it was also an opportunity to tell some gruesome stories and scare the living daylights out of her audience.


Tristan had found a little friend, his name was Wyman Smith and his family had recently moved to Starlight Shores. Not much was known about the Smith family, just that their skin was a little different. 


Garrow Smith had in fact brought his family to this planet for safety, yes I said PLANET!!!


Tristan didn't care, he liked Wyman very much.


Newly aged Noah was feeling a little out of place, nobody knew what or who he was dressed as which irked him somewhat. In fact the whole party thing was boring him greatly, that was until Anji brought a strange girl into the room! He'd never seen her before, she was quite pretty, but she looked rather shy. Maybe that was because she was in a room full of strangers and dressed as a bunny rabbit, or maybe she really was quite shy!


ANJI: Noah, this is Susan Rue, Suzi this is my brother Noah. He's only just aged up and he's a little out of place too. What are you dressed as exactly Noah?


NOAH: I'm James Bond? Isn't it obvious???
ANJI: Er...no!!! You two, make friends!


Anji got settled into telling her big scary story...

ANJI: It was a dark, cold and wet night, three teenage girls were driving home from a party along a long, winding and very deserted road.
SEAN: *ahem* Lame!!!

ANJI: Excuse me? Do you have something to say Seany boy?
SEAN: No no carry on!

ANJI: Thank you, as I was saying they were driving down a deserted road when there was a scratching sound coming from the roof of the car. They wanted to go and investigate but were far too scared. The scratching continued as they drove on, terrified to stop the car and go out. Finally one plucked up the courage to go and look as they stopped by a little cottage, she got out of the car and...


ANJI: ...NEVER RETURNED!!!
SEAN: Ohhhh...myyyyy...plumboooooob!
ANJI: What? What are you...plumbobbing at? Huh?


SEAN: I'm sorry hun it's just...that was sooooo laaaaame!

ANJI: And I suppose you can tell a better story than me?

SEAN: I can do better than tell you, I can show you something really scary! A haunted house, here in Starlight Shores!

ANJI: Huh! I've lived here all my life and I have never seen a haunted house here Sean!

Anjelica was rather put out that her boyfriend of all people would scoff at her story, not only that, he was trying to upstage her on her favourite night of the year!

SEAN: Okay who wants me to show them the house?

 LYNN: Okay sounds cool!

LIL: This isn't a trick is it Herman? Because I don't like tricks!

Everyone put up their hands, except for Noah who was arguing pathetically with poor Susan!

NOAH: For the last time I'm JAMES BOND??? 007?

SUZI: Don't you mean double oh-negative? *giggle*
NOAH: *sigh* Why do you mock me bunny girl?
SUZI: Because I'm bored, let's go to that house!

SEAN: So vamp girl, what's it gunna be?
ANJI: Let's go and see your little haunted shack! How do you even know it's haunted anyway?
SEAN: Because, I go past it every night when I'm heading home from Angus' place. There's always moaning and crying coming from it! And it's unoccupied, one day it just appeared on that spot, nobody knows how or why it got there or from where!
ANJI: What a load of rubbish!

What made Sean kiss Anji for the first time was a mixture of excitement, overwhelming love and complete satisfaction that he'd got one over on her again. He loved to put her in her place! Anji was so surprised by the kiss, she'd waited a long time for him to make a move and when he did...it was magical!!!


It wasn't exactly the scariest house they'd ever seen, but it looked rather old and unkempt. Anjelica was not very impressed until Sean issued her a challenge...

SEAN: Go on Anj, ring the bell!
ANJI: Pah, probably haven't got one!
SEAN: Then knock, what's the matter are you scared?
ANJI: Not in the slightest, I accept your challenge Herman Munster, watch and learn felt boy!


As she approached the door, nobody was more surprised than Anji when the door swung slowly open as her knuckles gently tapped the wooden frame. She let out a little squeak, but realising there was no one there she let out a huge sigh and walked into the house...

It seemed quite lived in despite it's outside appearance.

The rest of the gang followed behind her and had a look around...

SEAN: Well, I wasn't expecting this I admit! Someone actually lives here?
ANJI: It would seem so. Look there's a staircase, you too scared to go up there Herman?
SEAN: Not as scared as you!

Anji and Sean ventured upstairs while the others stayed put, except for Lillith, she followed Anji everywhere she went...

 
It was empty up there, not one sign of life. Except the faint moans coming from one of the rooms.

LIL: Someone's crying, I think they're in pain...
SEAN/ANJI: Lil no!

Too late, Lil had opened the door and went inside, the door slammed shut behind her as her sister's voice echoed behind it calling her name...

LIL: Hello?
???: *hisses* Who is that!!! Who dares enter my house!!!
LIL: Are you okay?

A voice was coming from a large chair in the corner of the room. The man in the chair just sat, not even turning around to see her...

???: I am...so lonely! Who are you? What is your name?
LIL: My name is Lillith, who are you? And why are you up here all alone?
???: I am...forever alone my child. Lillith! What a beautiful name! You are a vampire?

LIL: Y-yes! How did...
???: I could smell you, we always can smell our kind!
LIL: You're a vampire too?
???: Yes, for a long long time!
LIL: What's your name?

???: My name...is Vladimir!

LIL: Are...are you the one who...turned my...Aleisha Danes?
VLAD: Aleisha? Is that you? Is that why your scent is so familiar???

LIL: It was, wasn't it???
VLAD: Oh Aleisha, have you come back to me?

Vladimir shot up from his seat and in an instant was in front of her...

VLAD: So beautiful still!
LIL: Get off, I'm not Aleisha! She's my mother!!!
VLAD: Aleisha has borne children? Tell me, is she happy?
LIL: Yes! She's human now, my dad made her human!

Vladimir looked off into the distance sadly...

VLAD: Is your father...Jared?
LIL: Yes, they're happy! No thanks to you!
VLAD: Oh Aleisha please do not be angry with me! I'm glad you and Jared made it work, I really am!

LIL: I'm NOT ALEISHA!!! I'm LILLITH!!!
VLAD: I'm sorry, of course. Lillith! Will you stay with me a moment?
LIL: The door is jammed, I couldn't get out even if I wanted to!
VLAD: Believe me you could!

LIL: Why did you do it? Turn my mum? And you almost killed my dad! He still has a scar over his left eye!
VLAD: Your father was a handsome fellow, and your mother was madly in love with him! I could not compete with that, my gift of immortality wasn't even enough to beat his love and devotion!

LIL: Did you...love my mum?
VLAD: With all of my blackened heart my dear...and so much more!

VLAD: I'm...sorry for the hurt I caused! Are you her only child?
LIL: No, there's five of us!
VLAD: Five? My my, the young lovers have been busy!
LIL: I'm a twin, me and my sister Anjelica are the oldest, then there's Dominic, Noah and Tristan. Tristan's just a toddler, human like Noah. Me, Anji and Dommy are vampires like mum used to be.

He let out a sad chuckle and smiled.

VLAD: You say she is human now?
LIL: Yes, my dad got her a potion and she turned back!
VLAD: How...wonderful for her. Getting to start over, how I wish I had that chance!

Lillith looked Vlad straight in the eyes...

LIL: You won't come after my parents, promise me!
VLAD: I will not my dear, I am old, so old. I have neither the energy nor the inclination. Besides look at you, the double of my beautiful Aleisha! I cannot prevent another beauty like you entering the world, I'm sure your parents have many more babies to raise!


As Lil and Vlad called a truce, the door suddenly burst open and Anji flew in...


ANJI: LIIIL!
LIL: I'm here!
ANJI: Who the hell are you???

She glared at Vlad, protective of her sister. Lil looked to Vlad and smiled...

LIL: He's just a harmless, lonely vampire.

...and he smiled back!

VLAD: That I am child, that I am!
LIL: Let's go home!

All safe at casa Von Strunkle and in their pyjamas, the gang chatted about the house and the sad vampire who lived within it...

ANJI: I dunno, there was something...familiar with that guy!
SEAN: Yeah he was a vamp boy, vamp girl!
ANJI: Shut up Herman!

Lillith sat on her bed, thinking about Vladimir Lavelle, she heard the chatter of the others in the main room, they all had their theories about who he was. She would never tell, as long as he kept his promise, she'd never tell! Seeing someone alone like that made her appreciate her friends and family so much more!

Okay she didn't have a sweetheart like her brothers and sister, Noah seemed to be getting along very well with the new girl, Suzi!

Anji had Sean...

...and Dommy was crazy about Lynn, she was head over heels for him too!

She might not have met her soul mate yet, or maybe she never would! But one thing she did learn that night was the true meaning of being lonely...


...and it made her even more thankful for what and who she had!

THE END!!!

8 comments:

  1. Never thought I'd say that, but...
    Poor Vlad :o(

    Happy Halloween everyone! :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Halloween! Yes Vlad is a poor lonely soul! :o/

      Delete
  2. Love love LOVE it!!

    Great Halloween special LJ :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING! :D LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! :D
    I kinda, feel bad for Vlad! :(
    Lol the kids are all too funny! XD Looking forward to the next part of The Shylife! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh we haven't seen the last of Vlad! He'll be back, and he'll be a little happier! ;o)

      Delete
  4. I'm back, and loving your special! By the way, what's up with the vampire mark on Sean's neck? Oh well, he can't be turned last I checked ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was part of his costume, I just forgot to get rid of it so no, Anji hasn't been biting his gorgeous neck lol! ;o)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)