Sunday 10 June 2012

The Shylife Special: Treat 'em Mean, Darcy & Carter

The second in my specials series. This time Darcy's journey into romance and boys...

DARCY: Carter? Why do you put up with me?
CARTER: Well, that's an interesting question...because I love you and you're awesome! Why do you put up with me?
DARCY: Because you're pleasing to the eye and you kiss real good, and...you never gave up on me...but you still get on my nerves!

 Darcy Von Strunkle was not a grumpy sim, despite having strops left, right and centre! As a child she groaned and moaned about the least little thing! When she aged into a teen she thought that maybe the moods would subside, but sadly she was cursed with the hot-headed trait!

 Despite this, she still had fun once in a while...

 ...even with her siblings!

 She had a complicated relationship with her older brother, Mason. They fought one minute and were best friends the next...

 ...usually when she ended up not being as good at something as he was!

 Mason never made a fool of himself, but the same could not be said for Darcy!

 She adored her little sister Sienna...

 ...but could never compete with the perfect Jared! Sienna's favourite sibling in the whole universe!

 She was feeling left out, unloved by everyone. So when the perfect Miss Annalisa Kirkland started dating her brother, it really ticked her off! Beating up her big brother's girlfriend was not a good idea...

 ...and led to even more conflict between her and Mason!

 And even as a child, Sienna clung to Jared for dear life, afraid that he would disappear and leave her lonely! Darcy barely existed in her world, but Jared? He was her world!

 But Darcy's life was about to change when this boy arrived at her house to hang out with the blessed Jared, as she called him!

 Carter Monte and Jared were in the same classes and had become friends through a mutual love of avoiding homework. Darcy felt her heart skip a beat when she saw him, but ignored it and butted into their conversation about...lights!

JARED: Yeah so this one is powered by a 60 watt bulb man!
CARTER: Coooooool!

 DARCY: Umm excuse me, sorry for interrupting your riveting conversation but aren't you the runt who threw a soggy ball of paper at me on the bus yesterday?
CARTER: Yes that would be me! 
JARED: Excuse me Darce, we were kinda hanging out here?

 DARCY: Shut up! So what was the meaning of the paper throwing sogginess debacle???
CARTER: I wanted to get your attention, but you wouldn't turn around!

 CARTER: And by the way you are sooooo hot when you complain!
DARCY: Are you...hitting on me????
CARTER: Yes, is that a problem?

 DARCY: You're one brave kid!
JARED: Helloooooooo...
CARTER: I like to live life dangerously!

 DARCY: Well you've come to the right girl! When I'm finished with you, you're gonna wish you'd kept that paper in your bag!
CARTER: A challenge...Carter likey!
JARED: Ummm...he was my friend first???

 After Carter went home that night, Jared had sulked off somewhere and finally came back home with his mind elsewhere. Darcy thought he was mad at her and half expected a war, but he said nothing and started his homework staring into space in another world!

 Carter was getting very friendly with Darcy's father Cody. Why this annoyed her, she had no idea! But she imagined pulling his hair and swinging him around the room as he chatted away to her dad!

 What was worse, he proceeded to flirt with her right under daddy's nose!

 CARTER: Hey, guess what? Your dad says it's okay for us to go to prom together! I know it's a long way away but...

 Darcy grinned at him and through gritted teeth interrupted him...

DARCY: Carter you are sooooo DEAD!!!

 After kicking him where it hurt, Carter left as Cody and Tia had one last night together before she became a fully fledged adult!

 Cody found this whole experience rather hilarious!

 And Jared invited Carter over for the party, he also felt it might be good for him and Darcy to clear the air!

CARTER: I don't get your sister man! One minute she likes me then the next...
JARED: Welcome to my world dude!

 After ageing, Tia was still a beauty and Cody could barely keep his eyes off of her. But this ageing thing was starting to get to young Darcy, who's doubts were to the fore that evening...

 ...Carter felt he needed to be alone with her to sort things out, but her mind was on other things...

CARTER: Darce? Can we talk?
DARCY: I DO NOT wanna get old! If that's how I'll look then I'll pass!
CARTER: Your mum is gorgeous, what are you talking about?

 DARCY: Oh really? Well why don't you go marry her then!!!
CARTER: Because she's married to your dad, she's too old for me...and I wanna marry you!

 His words seemed to soften her for a moment as she gazed into his big blue eyes and admired his adorable freckles...

CARTER: I gotta go, see you at school!

 And as quickly as that, her mood changed once again...

DARCY: MARRY ME??? I'm going to be no man's kept woman! How very dare you!!!

 Carter's visit to her house the next evening after school was a blur of rage and yelling! The poor boy just happened to say he was going to the park with Jared and she kicked off...

DARCY: You hang around with losers! You talk of marriage like it's a joke! You're a freckled little twerp!!!
CARTER: Darce?

 DARCY: You make up your mind who you're here to see! Stop playing around!
CARTER: I'm not I...jeez Darcy I don't know whether I'm coming or going with you!

 DARCY: Well I'll make it easy for you! GO!
CARTER: Fine I will! You know sometimes I wonder why I put up with you in the first place, you're nothing but mean to me and all I did was fall for you!!!
JARED: Ha ha ha! Darcy blew her top, she's so gonna lose him!
CARTER: Sorry Jared, I don't feel like hanging out right now, someone has put me in a sour mood!

JARED: You're such a plonker Darce!
DARCY: Shut up! Darcy Von Strunkle is beholden to NO MAN!!! 

 But later that night, she had a change of heart and called Carter to chat...

DARCY: Carter! 

 DARCY: Carter?

 DARCY: Hang up on me eh? You're a dead man Carter Monte!

 DARCY: NOBODY HANGS UP ON DARCY VON STRUNKLE!!!

 Carter's snub had hurt her more than she cared to admit. Her behaviour towards him was unforgivable, she knew that, but somehow she couldn't stop being mean to him!

 But she was damned if she was going to be the one to say sorry first! No, let him stew and come to her!

 The next day after school, Jared called to Darcy with a message from Carter...

JARED: Sis? Carter wants to meet you round the back to talk!
DARCY: TOUGH! I'm not interested!

 Even Mason tried to get her to meet him...

MASON: Come on Darce, he's probably waiting there for you!
DARCY: Don't you start! I've already got grief from Jared the wonderful over there!

 MASON: You should have gone Darce, he wanted to see you for a reason!
DARCY: Carter knows where I live, if he's so desperate to see me he'll come to the house!

 But after much cajoling from her brothers, Darcy decided to go to Carter's and find out what he wanted...

 Her heart was pounding in her chest as she rang the doorbell...

 ...she waited...

 ...and waited! But he never answered the door!

 She'd blown it and she knew it!

 She walked a few yards back home, stopped, and decided to call him...

 ...but he didn't pick up! What had she done?

 As her parents made her want to puke with their loved up happiness, Darcy spent the next couple of days miserable over a boy that drove her crazy, a boy she wanted to pummel on a regular basis! A boy...

 ...who arrived on her doorstep to hang out with her brother once more but couldn't resist seeing her as well!

 Darcy seized her moment...

 ...and kissed him! Her first ever kiss, it was wonderful! And he seemed to like it too, until he took off running, his cheeks burning and mumbling incoherently...

 ...what had she done wrong? Was it not a nice kiss?

 Why did he run away? Why was he playing with her feelings like this? What a jerk! How could he do this to her? All of these questions flew around her head that night!

 Sleep was impossible! She would have to face him at school the next day and she was not looking forward to it. She'd shown her feelings and he ran away! She was embarrassed!

 That morning as the bell rang, Darcy knew Carter was behind her. She wanted to run away like he'd done to her the night before, but something made her stay...

 CARTER: I forgot to say goodbye last night!
DARCY: And then some???

 DARCY: Do I kiss that bad?
CARTER: No...

 DARCY: Then why did you run away from me? I thought I'd done something wrong I...

 CARTER: No Darcy! You did nothing wrong I was just...overwhelmed!
DARCY: Why?
CARTER: Because you've been so mean to me that I didn't even think you liked me like that and, well, it caught me off guard that's all!

 DARCY: Oh...well...

 DARCY: I think this is your cue to run away?
CARTER: Oh no never again!

 DARCY: Then come on, the bell's about to ring and I'll flatten you if I'm late for class!

CARTER: WOOOOOOW!!!

 CARTER: She really does like me!!!

CARTER: And that my love, is why we put up with each other!
DARCY: Just because I love you doesn't mean I won't kick your butt now and again!
CARTER: I wouldn't have it any other way babe!

The End!

5 comments:

  1. Another cute couple, but Mason and Annalisa are still cuter in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. - I adored this special much more than the last one - And I think Darcy should be the heir.

    Great post LJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe ! Lovely ! As I would say , Carter is in stew ! :D Looking forward to the next special ! Thank you for making such amazing chapters LJ :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stories and am enjoying them very much. I love Darcey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, glad you enjoy them! ;o)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but be nice! I share my thoughts and my stories with you because I want to, not to be insulted! Have a nice day! :)